GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Depends on who you ask.

What say you, Vin?

What say you, Vin?

True Grit remake.

Better than the original IMO. Though that may be because I'm not really a fan of John Wayne.

Bridge's "Rooster" (:shifty:) is better,

Hailie's "Mattie" is better.

Damon's "LaBoeuf" is a push.

The whole atmosphere overall is better than the original.

• Upvote 1

Bridge's "Rooster" (:shifty:) is better,

Hailie's "Mattie" is better.

Damon's "LaBoeuf" is a push.

The whole atmosphere overall is better than the original.

You are one of very few people I have talked to......

That agree with me. Touche, Mr. Vin

• Upvote 1

You are one of very few people I have talked to......

That agree with me. Touche, Mr. Vin

:hifiver:

Green Lantern

Epic Fail. Overly cheesy yet extremely ineffective. The script was pretty awful. Ryan Reynolds embarrassed the name Green Lantern. The actual happenings of the comic book didn't help at all* (see reasoning in spoiler tag).. And I am just wondering if the comic book didn't allow for a good adaptation to film. Very bad movie, kind of held up by some inconsistent visual effects.

What I don't understand is this.... The whole reason the Guardians and the Green Lantern Corps are in trouble in the first place (in this movie) is because one of the Guardians, with good intentions, tried harvesting the power of fear. It ended up consuming him and creating the monster and threat they faced during the movie..... So, what do they decide to do? They decide to DO IT AGAIN!! They decide, with the best of intentions, that they need to control the power of fear.... Which is what gets them in trouble in the first place... And the SAME mistake, sets up for what is bound to be an awful sequel. Terrible comic book logic is terrible.

You Don't Know Jack

A masterful recanting of the chilling reality of Dr. Jack Kevorkian. Levinson through Al Pacino was able to shake the very foundation of euthanasia and the philosophy behind it. Pacino, Vaccaro, Goodman, and Sarandon all put forth commendable performances. From the beginning , you almost want to root Dr. Kevorkian simply for his belief and his will to do what was right. As time progresses, somewhere along the line... The philosophy of Dr. Death changed. No longer was it about pain, suffering, and the liberty to choose to end said suffering... But more about Jack Kevorkian fighting

simply to fight. Jack was his own worst enemy in the mental chess match between he and society. In the end, it was the brutalizing check-mate of the law, that finally brought Jack Kevorkian to a screeching halt.

Fargo

this is in my top ten movies of alltime.

but then i really like movies with snow. :wink:

Battle :Los Angeles - Shoulda waited till it hit HBO or something, and spent my buck 25 on a hot dog or something.

The Way of the Gun (Netflix Instant)

Terrible casting and lack of direction doom this film. There are long periods of time were nothing at all happens. One redeeming quality are the shootouts... Unfortunately, the movies starts out slowly, and they make you wait for the (semi) good stuff. Juliette Lewis has to be the most annoying actress in Hollywood. She, alone, makes The Way of the Gun nearly unbearable. Watching her waddle around for two hours is hardly what I call entertainment.

Super 8

Damn good film. Easily Abrams best work to date IMO. Hard to find many flaws with it. It doesn't exactly blow you away but the subtlety of the story-telling makes it a must-see.

There's a lot of Spielberg references and tributes in here, so if your a fan of him you'll love this film.

Edited by RANGA

Green Lantern. Not sure why it is getting so much hate. It was not a great movie, but I didn't think it was that bad, either.

Cars 2. Seriously, it's Pixar. The one film studio that does not seem to be capable of making anything less than a very good movie.

Finally saw a couple movies that were long overdue:

The Town.

Great movie. Loved the story and passion these guys put into it. Definitely felt the emotion coming from the actors. Overall, very well written.

The Adjustmen Beureu.

How ironic? Back to back movies featuring Affleck and Damon. Anyways, another great movie. Very interesting story line. Of course, great job by Damon and Anthony Mackie. When I saw the trailers I thought it would be more sci-fi but I'm glad it went in the direction it did. Loved the ending.

All in all, it was a very good movie night. :D

Public Enemies.

John Q.

IP Man 2

Silent Hill.

I own the blue-ray and wanted to test out my new entertainment center (new LED and LG sound system). My old LCD only went up to 720p which was nice but when I actually saw the clarity of full 1080p it blew my mind. My eyes had to literally adjust to the clarity of the picture. Amazing. The way movies were meant to be seen.

Bad Teacher

Bad Teacher, featuring Cameron Diaz, Justine Timberlake, and Jason Segel had it's moment in the sun. Which is more than I ever expected. At some point you almost expect Diaz' character to make a one-eighty turn, but it never happens. It amazes how Justin Timberlake continues to get cast into roles. Especially roles such as these that could be played by just about anybody, but his presence is unfortunate for all movie-goers alike. Bad Teacher has enough umph to keep you interested through out, but it's hard to give this one a passing grade

The Green Hornet

I realize the Green Hornet itself is supposed to be a fresh... different look at heroics. But the uncanny and predictable one liners produced by Seth Rogen get stale quickly. Rogen and Diaz are completely miscast and

added little to nothing to the film. Christoph Waltz played a great villain, like always. And Jay Chou as Kato wasn't so bad. Could have been a lot more, but fell short in many areas. I sure hope there isn't a sequel in the works.

Saw the new Transformers last night and it was pretty dam good, even though I'm not a Transformers guy. So to everyone who is you'll probably think it's amazing.

Went to see the midnight showing of Transformers 3 as well, was expecting much of the same but was surprised that this one turned out to be better than the previous ones.

So .... It's an actual good movie? Or it just has a bunch of fighting and explosions? Per the norm for M. Bay movies.

Transformer 3 was amazing. GO WATCH IT!!!

YESSSSSSSSS! *Fist Pump*

Going to see it Friday night.

So .... It's an actual good movie? Or it just has a bunch of fighting and explosions? Per the norm for M. Bay movies.

Take it from someone who is not a Transformers guy...it's an actual good movie. Of course there is the fighting and explosions but this movie is also deeper than that and has a great plot in my opinion.

127 Hours. Fantastic but kinda hard to watch.

127 Hours. Fantastic but kinda hard to watch.

I almost puked when he drank his own urine. I have a pretty weak gag reflex... But man... Nasty.