Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

Recommended Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.truthdig.com/articles/the-one-choice-election/%3famp

"By voting for Biden, you endorse the humiliation of courageous women such as Anita Hill who confronted their abusers. You vote for the architects of the endless wars in the Middle East. You vote for the apartheid state in Israel. You vote for wholesale surveillance of the public by government intelligence agencies and the abolition of due process and habeas corpus. You vote for austerity programs, including the destruction of welfare and cuts to Social Security. You vote for NAFTA, free trade deals, de-industrialization, a decline in wages, the loss of hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs and the offshoring of jobs to underpaid workers who toil in sweatshops in China or Vietnam. You vote for the assault on public education and the transfer of federal funds to for-profit and Christian charter schools. You vote for the doubling of our prison population, the tripling and quadrupling of sentences and huge expansion of crimes meriting the death penalty. You vote for militarized police who gun down poor people of color with impunity.  You vote against the Green New Deal and immigration reform. You vote for limiting a woman’s right to abortion and reproductive rights. You vote for a segregated public-school system in which the wealthy receive educational opportunities and poor people of color are denied a chance. You vote for punitive levels of student debt and the inability to free yourself of debt obligations through bankruptcy. You vote for deregulating the banking industry and the abolition of Glass-Steagall. You vote for the for-profit insurance and pharmaceutical corporations and against universal health care. You vote for bloated defense budgets. You vote for the use of unlimited oligarchic and corporate money to buy our elections. You vote for a politician who during his time in the Senate abjectly served the interests of MBNA, the largest independent credit card company headquartered in Delaware, which also employed Biden’s son Hunter."

 

Chris Hedges is the fucking GOAT. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By not voting for Biden you vote for two more conservative Supreme Court justices.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Sorry, I won't have my vote extorted by billionaire democratic donors. Maybe if the DNC thought they might be in danger of imploding we might get medicare for all. You don't get shit if you constantly refuse to fight for anything. I will NEVER vote for Joe Biden. I'm voting Green Party. You should too. Honestly to get anything out of these pieces of shit we need to get out in the streets. Civil Rights didn't get accomplished, women's rights, unions, none of that shit without people getting out in the streets and fighting for it. Just voting Democrat and hoping they save us is a losing strategy. It's obvious Bernie was way too weak to be a revolutionary at this point. He should have been talking about Biden's dementia since South Carolina.

But one of Bernie's campaign slogans is, " My good friend Joe Biden " 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden is out of his mind, how anyone can vote for him is beyond me. He has clearly lost his marbles in the past few years 

Bernie is the stronger candidate with a more enthusiastic following but they won’t let him win, again. 
 

A guaranteed 2nd term for Trump. Good job libs. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, seanbrock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.truthdig.com/articles/the-one-choice-election/%3famp

"By voting for Biden, you endorse the humiliation of courageous women such as Anita Hill who confronted their abusers. You vote for the architects of the endless wars in the Middle East. You vote for the apartheid state in Israel. You vote for wholesale surveillance of the public by government intelligence agencies and the abolition of due process and habeas corpus. You vote for austerity programs, including the destruction of welfare and cuts to Social Security. You vote for NAFTA, free trade deals, de-industrialization, a decline in wages, the loss of hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs and the offshoring of jobs to underpaid workers who toil in sweatshops in China or Vietnam. You vote for the assault on public education and the transfer of federal funds to for-profit and Christian charter schools. You vote for the doubling of our prison population, the tripling and quadrupling of sentences and huge expansion of crimes meriting the death penalty. You vote for militarized police who gun down poor people of color with impunity.  You vote against the Green New Deal and immigration reform. You vote for limiting a woman’s right to abortion and reproductive rights. You vote for a segregated public-school system in which the wealthy receive educational opportunities and poor people of color are denied a chance. You vote for punitive levels of student debt and the inability to free yourself of debt obligations through bankruptcy. You vote for deregulating the banking industry and the abolition of Glass-Steagall. You vote for the for-profit insurance and pharmaceutical corporations and against universal health care. You vote for bloated defense budgets. You vote for the use of unlimited oligarchic and corporate money to buy our elections. You vote for a politician who during his time in the Senate abjectly served the interests of MBNA, the largest independent credit card company headquartered in Delaware, which also employed Biden’s son Hunter."

 

Chris Hedges is the fucking GOAT. 

This is a bunch of SJW virtue signaling bullshit. A vote for Biden is a vote to keep the SC from becoming stacked against the progressive cause for a generation. Good luck getting anything progressive through the SC even if you win all three branches of government in 2024 if you let Trump stack the court 6-3. At least. And some of these attacks on Biden are idiotic and are from 30 years ago. 30 years ago Trump was a Democrat. A segregated public school system? Get the fuck out, lol. 

Biden is an ass. He's not an incompetent lunatic threatening to upset democracy like Trump is. The Dems chose him. Pretty resoundingly too. 

I get voting 3rd party last election when we didnt know how bad Trump was gonna be. If you do it again this election and you claim to be a progressive and care about progressive causes, you're a fucking idiot. Letting Trump have four more years sets us back thirty. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden committed to a female VP during the debate tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warren, Harris, Abrams, Klobuchar. One of them is on the ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mnuchin announced that he / the White House want to get cash into peoples hands who have been impacted by work closures as fast as possible -- within 2 weeks is the idea. No specifics yet, details come after. It wouldn't be universal because they say it probably won't be going to people who make a million dollars... But this is a guaranteed basic income. Mnuchin has instruction from the President to go to the Senate Republicans today to expediate these plans. 

Who knows what will end actually happening or passing... But Trump has come out pushing a guaranteed income (temporarily) before Bernie fucking Sanders. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yang and his team have been in touch with the Trump white house and he's offering their support and resources in figuring out the best way to make this happen and disperse funds.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you will about Trump but a Republican President openly wanting to just get cash into Americans' hands is pretty remarkable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How ironic will it be to see Trump ride UBI to his second term in office? The Democratic party is COM-PLETELY inept. Hopefully at least they will finally be wiped out after once again failing to beat Trump. Fucking losers. Old people need to step aside. They've destroyed our planet. They've ruined our economy. They've signed away our bill of rights for a false sense of security. Step. The. Fuck. Aside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

How ironic will it be to see Trump ride UBI to his second term in office? The Democratic party is COM-PLETELY inept. Hopefully at least they will finally be wiped out after once again failing to beat Trump. Fucking losers. Old people need to step aside. They've destroyed our planet. They've ruined our economy. They've signed away our bill of rights for a false sense of security. Step. The. Fuck. Aside.

Getting a lot of Greta Thunberg vibes here.

 

Trump is cruising to a 2nd term, regardless. Doesn't make a difference who the Dem nominee. One is some piece of shit pedophile with dementia and the other one is a fucking whack job 80-year old communist that could drop dead any moment. Trump will curb stomp either.  This is not anything new. This has been known.
 

Meanwhile, unemployed Bernie Bros will happily cash their stimulus check that Trump helped them get. Same people that have a degree in gender studies, think they're entitled to a 6 figure job, and bitch and moan about Trump incessantly. 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SteVo said:

Say what you will about Trump but a Republican President openly wanting to just get cash into Americans' hands is pretty remarkable.

If he were to embrace UBI he'd win and it would not be close at all. Hell I might vote for him, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was everyone so hard on Mike for trying to buy the election? At least he was using his own money.

 

Basic income can suck my dick. Republican or Democrat. Fuck off with that nonsense. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barracuda said:

Why was everyone so hard on Mike for trying to buy the election? At least he was using his own money.

 

Basic income can suck my dick. Republican or Democrat. Fuck off with that nonsense. 
 

 

Why? We bailout corporations all the time yet somehow putting money directly into our hands is the bad thing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We shouldn’t be bailing out corporations either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you against UBI entirely? Like not even now? Or you're okay with it now, but just not during normal times?

In either case, why are you against it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nancy Pelosi is refusing to discuss UBI without some form of means-testing.

Fuck Democrats. 

EDIT: And to be clear.. if we were talking a permanent UBI I would be more open to a means testing. I don't really like it, but if it got the job done and both sides to the table with a VERY HIGH ceiling... I could deal with it. But in this emergency situation where the White House has already said we just need to get money into peoples hands as fast as possible... and the fact they want it done within 2 weeks. Now we have Pelosi slowing shit down both in legislature and slowing down those checks after legislation is passed for people to be approved for it? Such bullshit. Party for the working class my dirty asshole (sorry, TP is in very short supply here).

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pelosi and the leadership of the Democratic Party are utter fucking scum. These are the people who are supposed to save us from Trump? This is all a move to prevent Trump from gaining political capital which is hilariously stupid because now he's about to get ten fold what he would have gotten. The Democratic Party needs to be destroyed. Anyone who votes for Biden is an absolute cuck. What will you say when he reaches across the aisle to dismantle social safety net programs and expand fracking? How about when he expands military aggression and bails out the banks again leaving the rest of us out in the cold? What about when he puts a neo-liberal in the supreme court? We could always make constitutional amendments to save abortion and civil rights. That will EASILY happen once more and more of the younger generations are eligible to vote and these old pieces of shit who have ruined our country and quite possibly the world have died off lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entirely. Less government is generally better. Any plan would only increase the size of government and their role in everybody’s life. No thanks. They have more than enough already. 
 

All it is is a subliminal, manipulative way to buy hearts and minds and votes along with it, with money that isn’t theirs to give. Same goes for healthcare and tuition and debt forgiveness and whatever other ridiculousness they throw out there before elections. 
 


 


 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to ask but what’s your view on social security, Medicaid, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately social security isn’t being used today as it was originally intended.  They will never get rid of it now because so many people depend on it when they shouldn’t. Now we’re just paying to appease and keep the status quo. 
 

In fact when I was younger I repeatedly applied to work for several railroads because I didn’t want to pay into SS. 

 

Medicaid isn’t as terrible but just like anything the government runs has a lot of abuse and fraud. Just can’t trust them to do anything right with your money. 
 


 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The White House is pushing their own bill because Congress is a bunch of shit stains.

The Bill

Only allocating 500 billion for individuals and added means testing for Pelosi and Co. but it's a start. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Chatbox

    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
×