Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

That doesn't really allow a large volume of people to participate tho. I guess if you get the whole stadium to do it, but with how little room there is I don't think that works. Needs large demonstrations across the country where people actually show up -- a lot of people. And believe it or not, I don't think looting is required.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/the-stamp-act-riots-250-years-ago

The rioters stripped the mansion, one of the finest in Boston, of its doors, furniture, paintings, silverware and even the slate from its roof"

Lets not forget that black people pay for their own brutalization and murder with their tax dollars. These riots are Patriotic. No taxation without representation. 

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/the-stamp-act-riots-250-years-ago

The rioters stripped the mansion, one of the finest in Boston, of its doors, furniture, paintings, silverware and even the slate from its roof"

Lets not forget that black people pay for their own brutalization and murder with their tax dollars. These riots are Patriotic. No taxation without representation. 

Don’t disagree with you in principle. There’s never really been a truly great time for the black community and they continuously get fucked by elected officials who pretend to have their interests in mind. The “first black president” (Bill Clinton) absolutely devastated the black community with his crime legislation. The actual first black president didn’t really do shit for the black community.... 

They really need to stage a mass protest against the Democratic Party,  who would never win another election without blacks (Republicans don’t even feign interest). 

My problem with the “riots” (looting, destruction of property, other violence) is that there are a lot of innocent people being impacted — which is also what they’re fighting for. Ya some of these big stores are owned by millionaires.... but who works in these stores ? Who is actually going to pay for the destruction and looting ? It’s the poor people. The rich are going to hoard their wealth and protect against their losses. 

It’s the poor and down trodden that are going to clean up, fix, and indirectly pay for every single thing that is stolen or destroyed. 

Placing a heavier burden on those people is not, in my mind, beneficial. 

This needs to become a movement. Something that has a wide berth of peoples from everywhere standing together. And it can’t be stopped or slowed in days or week or even months. Keep it going at scale, and it will force action. 

"In order to move the major party that most closely aligns with your views, TOWARDS your views, you MUST, you MUST, be willing to NOT VOTE for them." If the left always votes Democrat, the Dems have zero reason to ever move left, and will continue moving towards the center.

EZUm8XKXQAIDr8l?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Thanatos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Thanatos One day you're gonna realize I'm right about most of the shit you've argued with me about here hahahaha I see you're beginning to see the light though.

• Haha 1

@DalaiLama4Ever You're not wrong. We should get some busses together and take them to places like Beverly Hills, The Hamptons, Nantucket etc. lol

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

This man is fucking insane. Now he's spreading Qanon bs:

https://imgur.com/gallery/uVQ1vvW

The way libs obsess over Trump and his tweets are something else lol. There's some pretty big issues going on in America, but yes, let's analyze his tweets and blame all of the problems on Trump. Status quo as usual. 

I've never seen a group of people move the goalposts as aggressively and frequently like the left does. People were getting thrown in jail for serving a customer, but thousands gathering  in riots/protests while burning down American cities is somehow cool and admired by the media. We'll arrest you if you try to open your small business, but we'll let far left groups burn it down! This whole thing has shown you what a sham the lockdown was, but I digress. And guess where the most police brutality, corruption, and homicides exist? In Democratic controlled cities. Democrats don't give a fuck about black lives. They only care about black lives when an election is nearing. But they all blame Trump for racial tension and police brutality lol. 

Amazing what the left is trying to turn this country into. Sheep being fed communist bullshit to lean towards that angry mob mentality and to lash out at anyone that doesn't agree with their narrative. 

Sorry to break it to you guys, but Donald Trump is not ruining this country. I get it, you guys absolutely hate him, that's perfectly fine, but let's get in touch with reality here. The left that is letting anarchists burn down their own cities, kill innocent people and police officers, all while keeping small businesses closed in the name of a virus with a 99.8% survival rate.

Any of you care to list any reasons why Donald Trump has made living in the US so personally insufferable? (this question will obv get dodged lol)

On 5/7/2020 at 4:31 PM, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Maybe. I don't think it's for certain any projections are going to be true. Mainly because nobody really knows much about this virus, still. And with the fluctuating policies, it's literally impossible to know how many people are going to die. One of the projections I was looking at says 160k deaths by August 4th. But they caveat that by saying there's a range of 99k-266k. The US surpassed projections of 72k deaths DURING lockdown, so... I really don't trust them at this point. We won't know what the total is until it's done.

What projection were you looking at here Favre? It was basically spot on. I'd like to see where it thinks we'll be in November.

This is the worst interview Trump has ever had. Swan absolutely annihilates him and shows how little understanding he has of basic things. 

He wants to talk about how the US is ahead of multiple places in terms of death per number of cases, (mortality rate), and claims Swan can't use deaths by capita. 

He doubles down on wishing Ghislaine Maxwell well, specifically saying "good luck they have to prove people guilty." Which is technically true, but yeesh, not a good look. 

This is essentially a 40 minute ad for Joe Biden lol.

"40 minute ad for Joe Biden". lol. 

Joe Biden can't be coherent for 2 straight minutes, let alone 40. He can't even read correctly off his teleprompter. Trump will nail him in a coffin when the debates get going. The world is going to see how lost Joe is and how his dementia/mental illness  is beating him like a drum. 

Btw still waiting on a breakdown on why Trump is so bad for America, fellas. I'll wait. 

Liberal spin: "Yeah, Biden might not be there a little bit, but he's a far better option than racist dictator Trump"

After Trump wins in November, instead of crying about Trump for the the following four years, how about moving elsewhere? Canada? Mexico? Venezuela? Plenty of options if you hate America. 

Trump actively trying to suppress the vote, flat out saying he doesnt want the post office to get money so they that wont be able to count the ballots. The GOP has repeatedly pushed the voter fraud lie, and they're going to do their best to suppress the vote in any way possible. If all the country voted, Trump would lose in a landslide and the GOP would go down with him. And they know it. He is sowing the seeds if he loses the election to Biden (lmao), for a challenge of the results. 

In related news, Biden's up 12 points on average. I dont see any way the GOP doesnt get curbstomped in November. 

Plenty of chances the GOP doesn't get curb-stomped. Three months is a long time, and 538's election model (which debuted today) gives Biden a 72% chance to win--the same odds it gave Clinton the day before the '16 election.

I just really don't see it. Trump's pissed off too many people with his abject failure at handling COVID19, never mind him committing another crime for which he should be impeached by trying to prevent the USPS from getting funds in order to keep them from being able to handle mail in ballots. Dude flat out said that out loud. The GOP has gone freaking insane to still be supporting this moron. 

If Coronavirus magically disappears overnight as Trump keeps claiming it will, then maybe he wins. Otherwise he's fucked six ways from Sunday as long as Biden doesn't do something to fuck it up- but it would take a massive fuck up at this point.

In theory, I agree, but Biden definitely isn't the ideal candidate to galvanize liberal voters. A lot of the Bernie bros will seriously consider staying home again (as they did in 2016).

However, I think the smart thing for Biden is to ignore them. Target the older, middle-class, rural Democrats in states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Minnesota who were disillusioned in 2016 (rightfully so; Obama did nothing for them) and either voted for Trump or stayed home.

I know this sounds counter-intuitive, since Biden was Obama's VP, but 1) I still think he can gain enough ground in those states to win them back and win the election, and 2) voters now realize what an abject disaster Trump is and will be more likely to swing the other way.

3 hours ago, SteVo said:

In theory, I agree, but Biden definitely isn't the ideal candidate to galvanize liberal voters. A lot of the Bernie bros will seriously consider staying home again (as they did in 2016).

However, I think the smart thing for Biden is to ignore them. Target the older, middle-class, rural Democrats in states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Minnesota who were disillusioned in 2016 (rightfully so; Obama did nothing for them) and either voted for Trump or stayed home.

I know this sounds counter-intuitive, since Biden was Obama's VP, but 1) I still think he can gain enough ground in those states to win them back and win the election, and 2) voters now realize what an abject disaster Trump is and will be more likely to swing the other way.

The Bernie bros did not stay home in 2016. This is a narrative that has consistently been pushed, (not blaming you here, to be clear), but its simply untrue. More Bernie bros supported Hillary, than Hillary supporters voted for Obama. 

I concur his weakest spot is appealing to the left, which is what I think he was trying to do by picking Harris, (voted most liberal senator in 2019). 

19 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I just really don't see it. Trump's pissed off too many people with his abject failure at handling COVID19, never mind him committing another crime for which he should be impeached by trying to prevent the USPS from getting funds in order to keep them from being able to handle mail in ballots. Dude flat out said that out loud. The GOP has gone freaking insane to still be supporting this moron. 

If Coronavirus magically disappears overnight as Trump keeps claiming it will, then maybe he wins. Otherwise he's fucked six ways from Sunday as long as Biden doesn't do something to fuck it up- but it would take a massive fuck up at this point.

You need to see a therapist, man. So much rage. So much delusion and denial. I'm worried about you come November. I feel as if you may completely go off the rails after Trump's victory is confirmed. I see a total, psychological meltdown forthcoming.

I wish you well, truly. 

2813F1DA-A1D6-4F97-973B-5B28F6E3BAA8.jpeg.ebcf13a02e48ead19d2ad074a9743e3a.jpeg

"I don't see any way the GOP doesn't get curb stomped in November" - Thanny in summer 2016

17 hours ago, Thanatos said:

The Bernie bros did not stay home in 2016. This is a narrative that has consistently been pushed, (not blaming you here, to be clear), but its simply untrue. More Bernie bros supported Hillary, than Hillary supporters voted for Obama. 

I concur his weakest spot is appealing to the left, which is what I think he was trying to do by picking Harris, (voted most liberal senator in 2019). 

Picking Harris doesn't appease the far-left. The Bernie bros (who, for the record, are the biggest batch of entitled, Millennial, insufferable cunts imaginable) hate Harris. Actually, they hate everybody besides Bernie and AOC, I'm pretty sure.

You're a Republican? Not liberal! BOOOO!

You're a Democrat? Not liberal enough! BOOOO!

1 hour ago, SteVo said:

Picking Harris doesn't appease the far-left. The Bernie bros (who, for the record, are the biggest batch of entitled, Millennial, insufferable cunts imaginable) hate Harris. Actually, they hate everybody besides Bernie and AOC, I'm pretty sure.

You're a Republican? Not liberal! BOOOO!

You're a Democrat? Not liberal enough! BOOOO!

Not really sure where you're getting your info from. If you're talking about the extremely small % online, sure. Again, the idea that Bernie supporters are anti-Dem is a fabrication. They voted more for Hillary than her supporters did for Barack. They (and me, for that matter) definitely want to push the party to the left. But right now, Trump is an actual threat to the US remaining a democracy. That supersedes the desire to push the Dems as far left as possible, because the country cannot afford four more years of Trump and the GOP ramrodding their fascist agenda through. Not to mention we'd lose a lot of lives with the GOP deniers in charge. 

The desire by the DNC to blame the Bernie bros for their defeat in 2016 has led them to refuse to do any actual post mortem of why they actually lost- it was not because those who supported Bernie in the primary- I was one of them- stayed home. They then turned around and nominated yet another establishment candidate. If Trump wasn't so utterly awful and incompetent at his job, and if his utter failure at managing COVID19 wasn't a fact, I probably wouldn't vote for Biden. He's not liberal. He's a center to center-right old guard Democrat. 

If it weren't for my firm belief that Trump gaining four more years would probably result in several hundred thousand dead Americans, I'd be sorely tempted to let the Dems lie in their bed they have made. But I can't. My vote is absolutely anti-Trump more than pro-Biden. Biden has announced several policy changes to the left. He's not going to ignore the left wing of the Dem party, at least I hope he won't. And the Kamala pick is absolutely an attempt to reach out to them.

Harris is the single most liberal senator recently. It was absolutely a play to appease the far left. You're not going to please everyone, but that's exactly who the Biden campaign was trying to appease.

Edited by Thanatos

I am not sure why Biden chose Kamala, but if the main goal was to appease the far left, there were way better options. Her record as AG is appalling. Her (some former) stances on criminal justice / reform are scary. She pushed for max sentences on the lowest level offenders, she went after marijuana offenses incredibly hard, she fought to keep an innocent man behind bars because she's more worried about a W than actual justice.... She fought to keep cash bail which very clearly impacts people of color and and poor people... 

I don't care what some stupid site says about how "liberal" Kamala is. She is not. That site just looks at bills they sponsor and co sponsor.... Maybe a decent indicator, but not a full picture. Kamala got credit for being super liberal because she signed onto Bernie's single payer system that he introduced. Yet, when she was running for President, her proposed health care solution wasn't even close to true single-payer. Her actual stances differ greatly than just what she's actually sponsored or co-sponsored as a Senator. 

Trump is quoting the same thing you are as an attack on Harris which shouldn't give you confidence in that data. lol. 

Healthcare and Criminal Justice reform especially, she is very NOT LIBERAL lol. Which, regardless of perception is why I think Biden chose her. He knows when she gets in there, she will largely follow his vision of the country -- locking up people of color and keeping them poor forever.

People are afraid of Trump and to a degree should be.... But at least people call Trump out on his shit. If we elect the old white rapist racist Joe Biden and his corrupt AG VP... they can inflict silent hell on people and nobody will say shit. 

I really don't know how anyone can justify voting for any of the scum of the major parties on the ballot. 

I said recently. In 2019, she was. I dont think she's actually that liberal for a microsecond, I am simply trying to explain why Biden would pick her- which was to appease the far left. This both sideism has to stop. The Dems are nowhere near as fucking bad as Trump and the GOP. Not at this point. Trump said out loud during a Fox News interview that he is stopping the COVID relief bill because it includes funding for the USPS and if they don't get that funding, they won't be able to handle the mail-in voting. The man is upfront admitting he is trying to steal an election and the GOP is sitting on their hands. Fuck them all. Trump is a direct threat to the democracy of this country. Biden is a senile old man. I'll take a pet rock over the traitor currently in the White House.

Sure people call him out on his shit. He still gets away with it and the GOP enables him to do so.

Like, this is a crime. Even Fox is calling him on it. Is anyone going to do anything about it? No. I'm fully on board with sean now. Time to break out the guillotines:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-seeks-to-starve-post-office-to-limit-mail-in-voting

Edited by Thanatos

3BF8F8AB-F9BD-459E-8E9E-CCF3C21C73C7.jpeg.44c48aec91bb16d6d571dcb6ea1bd5c0.jpeg

This is how sick and unhinged the left and MSM are lol. Almost every single day there is some radical leftist hashtag trending about Trump. I almost never see any negative tags towards Biden because the MSM manipulates algorithms to fit their narrative.

It's all an illusion. Social media gives off the illusion/perception that the entire country hates Trump and that Biden seemingly will win in a landslide. Too bad social media isn't real. The silent majority is a lot stronger than dancing tiktok teenagers/"woke" influencers/gullible millennials that won't bother to vote or aren't old enough to vote. 

Let 'em keep chirping away over the next couple months. They won't be smiling on November 3rd.