Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Week 3

Jags gonna win this week.

It feels like every starting QB in the league is ded. (Except for Brady.  Brady is eternal.). Feels like it's setting up for a team to make the playoffs that shouldn't and ends up making some noise.

I'm not gonna be able to call him Brisket anymore if he is actually decent.

:welp:

This year has solidified my opinion that QBs have become a tad overvalued. All these teams are putting in their backups and it seems like how well they've done is based on the quality of the rest of the offense + coaching. Obviously this isn't about the truly elite QBs like Mahomes but I think teams should consider moving on from decent QBs rather than pay them 30 million or more. 

I was kinda hoping the Rams would go ahead with my theory and dump goff but obviously that's not happening. 

This Eagles season has fallen slightly short of my expectations, to this point.

22 minutes ago, SteVo said:

Could get back on track Thursday against the Packers. Only thing that’s really blistered the defense has been slow methodical check downs and screens . Dink and dunk.... all the time. Eagles offense might benefit from slowing down some and just execute at a high level. 

The acquisitions that Gutenkunst made  in the offseason are already paying huge dividends. The Smiths had 5 sacks combined yesterday. That is the same amount that Perry and Clay had combined last season. I had high hopes that the defense would be better, but did not expect it to be this better so soon. That said, they still have some problems. The run defense has not looked good the past 2 games with poor tackling and getting pushed off the line. Have relied on turnovers the past 2 games to make the defense look good, but who knows how sustainable that is.

As for the offense, it's still a mess. Look great at first then the wheels come off and it mostly just sputters the rest of the game. I would like to think they are still working things out but the truth is that they are probably lacking talent at the skill position. Davante is great obviously but teams can focus on him and the other guys aren't good enough to make them pay. MVS has made some nice plays but also disappears while Allison and Graham have been nearly useless so far. I would be calling some teams and see what WRs are available if I was Gute. Need a guy that can consistently get open in that short-intermediate area and hold onto the ball.

3 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Could get back on track Thursday against the Packers. Only thing that’s really blistered the defense has been slow methodical check downs and screens . Dink and dunk.... all the time. Eagles offense might benefit from slowing down some and just execute at a high level. 

The problem is none of our (healthy) receivers can create separation. So that sounds like a good idea if the Packers are playing zone coverage. But if they're playing man, we are going to struggle. Plus, you've got the whole road game on a Thursday thing. Stars are not aligning for the Eagles.

1 hour ago, Packers Dynasty 2010 said:

The acquisitions that Gutenkunst made  in the offseason are already paying huge dividends. The Smiths had 5 sacks combined yesterday. That is the same amount that Perry and Clay had combined last season. I had high hopes that the defense would be better, but did not expect it to be this better so soon. That said, they still have some problems. The run defense has not looked good the past 2 games with poor tackling and getting pushed off the line. Have relied on turnovers the past 2 games to make the defense look good, but who knows how sustainable that is.

As for the offense, it's still a mess. Look great at first then the wheels come off and it mostly just sputters the rest of the game. I would like to think they are still working things out but the truth is that they are probably lacking talent at the skill position. Davante is great obviously but teams can focus on him and the other guys aren't good enough to make them pay. MVS has made some nice plays but also disappears while Allison and Graham have been nearly useless so far. I would be calling some teams and see what WRs are available if I was Gute. Need a guy that can consistently get open in that short-intermediate area and hold onto the ball.

The Packers defense is unrelenting. But definitely some things to work on still. Broncos had a couple of drive where their backs just gashed us over and over. But even when those things happen, I don’t panic like I would used to. One of these games it will catch up to us but over the long haul, I don’t think it will be something that consistently loses us games. 

I don’t think there’s a lack of talent on offense either. Jimmy Graham is bad but we have depth that we need to rotate in more often. Same with the receivers... we have Lazard and Shepard on the roster. If the guys we are trotting out there aren’t getting it done we need to get those other guys at least a chance to make a difference. Shepherd especially has that Randall Cobb-like quality which we need right now. I wouldn’t be making any trades though, not at this point. 

Panthers have a legit QB controversy. Not even kidding.

Is there though? I know Allen played extremely well, but are people in the building or the media talking about the possibility of moving on from Cam? 

Legit question, I don’t watch as much sports news on tv so I’m out of the loop with some of the local stuff being said. 

But ya, I wouldn’t call it a controversy until those whisper start happening because it would signal a loss of confidence in Cam. 

4 hours ago, SteVo said:

Didn't get to watch the bulk of the game but that pass at the end has to be caught. Seemed like they aren't playing too terribly. Like they look like a playoff team :shrug:

The Bills are undefeated? Things I thought I'd never ever say. Like that roster is terrible. How :lol:

Hats off to the Saints. The punt return at the very start of the 1st quarter really got them going. Their run defense was penetrating us and Carson could never get going. Eli Apple forced a tremendous punch-out fumble which was returned for a touchdown. Bridgewater was getting the ball out insanely quick, and Kamara could not be brought down if our lives depended on us. The :saints: will be making the playoffs and are still very much, in my opinion, the best team in the NFC. 

Thank God we aren't talking about Antonio Brown anymore. 

29 minutes ago, BC said:

Didn't get to watch the bulk of the game but that pass at the end has to be caught. Seemed like they aren't playing too terribly. Like they look like a playoff team :shrug:

Just way too many unforced errors was the issue with Detroit, but the roster has its share of problems.

• No WRs/TEs/ who can create separation outside of Ertz and Desean.
  • DL has not gotten pressure on opposing QB
  • Secondary is dreadful outside of Jenkins

But I was told by someone who has never been wrong that the Saints were completely done? If only.

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Panthers have a legit QB controversy. Not even kidding.

If Cam can't get back to 100%, Allen should be the guy going forward. And honestly, at this point it sadly seems like that's how it's going to play out. 

1 hour ago, BC said:

The Bills are undefeated? Things I thought I'd never ever say. Like that roster is terrible. How :lol:

We were a top 5 defense last year and have played 3 super shitty teams. This isjt that surprising if you were paying even minimal attention. Now if we win this week, that'd be quite surprising. 

Bills went 3-0 in 2011 and I think they finished the season 6-10, so that's about what I'm expecting here.

The Panthers should just move on from Cam now. Make the break clean and sever.

I legitimately don't know who is worse between the Jets and Dolphins.

8 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Is there though? I know Allen played extremely well, but are people in the building or the media talking about the possibility of moving on from Cam? 

Legit question, I don’t watch as much sports news on tv so I’m out of the loop with some of the local stuff being said. 

But ya, I wouldn’t call it a controversy until those whisper start happening because it would signal a loss of confidence in Cam. 

Yes they are. Of course the media in Charlotte has never liked Cam, so take it with a grain of salt.

Even I think you can't bench Allen if he's playing like that.

It’s nice to have real edge rushers and a bomb ass secondary. 

Its also cool to see Clay Matthews have a resurgence in LA. Already has 4 sacks this year after sucking straight swamp ass for the last few seasons. 

Edit: lol. Unconsciously called them the St. Louis rams

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever