Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Starting over, again, in XCOM 2.

That Avatar meter fills up fast...

First complaint about the Division....the lack of a true role/class system

Yeah. You don't actually pick a class when creating your character. It's more open to set things up to whatever role you'd like to play, in the party you're in at that moment, by setting up your skills and percs accordingly.

I actually like it like that. It fits the theme of the game as a somewhat tactical, teambased, shooter. Everyone in your party has a specific support role.

BTW, I'd suggest saving your mats and money for when you hit lvl 30. It's a waste until you hit lvl 30. If you do the encounters, side missions, main missions and just explore, you'll find what you need to be successful on your way to 30.

Got this game on release day and it is awesome. A lot more technical than I thought which makes it that more appealing to me because true skill shines. This game has caused me to put Street Fighter V on the bench for 2 days. That's saying something.

Well I recently picked up MLB The Show 15 and forgot how much I loved it after not playing for a good 3-4 years.

After a bit of a play around I will start a Mets franchise with live rosters. I really like the feel of it and the overall experience is by far the best to me in sports games on PS3.

I'm also going to finally get my laptop this weekend, so I will be eyeing a return to League of Legends but also going to start playing CS:GO. Where the learning curve will be steep but looking forward to it.

I do need some help though in regards to specs for CS:GO. This is the laptop I am looking into getting.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3958647.htm

Will this run it fairly comfortably on low if needs be?

Edited by Bangy

Got this game on release day and it is awesome. A lot more technical than I thought which makes it that more appealing to me because true skill shines. This game has caused me to put Street Fighter V on the bench for 2 days. That's saying something.

I want to get it. I heard the tutorial takes like a n hour to get through though.. Haha. :D Insane.

I want to get it. I heard the tutorial takes like a n hour to get through though.. Haha. :D Insane.

Haha... I would consider it longer than most people would like wanting to get right into game action, but I definitely suggest anyone who wants to do good in the game, I recommend they watch it. By default, I hate tutorials because I'm always eager to get right into gameplay and learn on the fly. However, this game is very technical and the tips that they give you are super helpful. The two training modes is the "Action Dojo" which basically gives you on screen instructions to learn every single character move. It's very useful and gets you use to the character pretty fast which is beneficial for any fighting game. Then there's the "Combo Dojo." This practice training gives you a list of about 7 combos that your character can perform. It shows you a demonstration of the combo in action, then gives you on screen instruction on how to complete the combo on your own. There are tons more combos that you can create on your own though. That's what free training mode is good for to figure the rest out.

Overall though, finally having this type of control over a pokemon in a fighting game rather than the turn based combat style is pretty awesome. The combos are incredible and the technicality of the game makes it a lot of fun.

The problem is I have always been terrible at fighting games like Street Fighter and Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat and the like. I enjoy them, but I don't even understand how to play them or do basic combos. haha

Well I recently picked up MLB The Show 15 and forgot how much I loved it after not playing for a good 3-4 years.

After a bit of a play around I will start a Mets franchise with live rosters. I really like the feel of it and the overall experience is by far the best to me in sports games on PS3.

I'm also going to finally get my laptop this weekend, so I will be eyeing a return to League of Legends but also going to start playing CS:GO. Where the learning curve will be steep but looking forward to it.

I do need some help though in regards to specs for CS:GO. This is the laptop I am looking into getting.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3958647.htm

Will this run it fairly comfortably on low if needs be?

Possibly? The cpu isn't great and it looks to be integrated graphics card. I don't know the specs for Go off the top of my head, when i can get at my pc and steam ill let you know

Edited by SteelersNation36

Possibly? The cpu isn't great and it looks to be integrated graphics card. I don't know the specs for Go off the top of my head, when i can get at my pc and steam ill let you know

I ended up getting the HP pavilion 15-ab150sa at 8GB and 2TB.

Edited by Bangy

So I have league set up and ready to play at some time, I also have Hearthstone as I never really tried it before.

In MLB The Show, I decided to do a Tigers franchise to rebuild them as that's the type of style I like to do. Also I was trying way to hard with the mets.

Heartshtone is good if you are ready to spend a load of money to get the cards you need. Ha.

Bought the Division as well as Thief (woot $8) and repurchased Darksiders II for Xbox One.

Heartshtone is good if you are ready to spend a load of money to get the cards you need. Ha.

Bought the Division as well as Thief (woot $8) and repurchased Darksiders II for Xbox One. <3

We will see, at the moment I am just going to slowly go through it and learn as I go. I have learnt it is definitely more than just picking a card and just putting it down. I doubt I will pay for anything as it is just a chill out game for me, lets see what happens when I hit ranked.

Getting back into KH. Can't wait til KH3

• Upvote 1

Getting back into KH. Can't wait til KH3

You sir, are a winner!

Square Enix is producing a legitimate movie now. Dubbed Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, it will tell the story of Noctis’ dad, King Regis and the politics that ended up causing the war that envelops the kingdom of Lucis.

No expense is being spared it seems. Square Enix has Lena Headey and Sean Bean, aka Cersei and Ned Stark from Game of Thrones, on the cast as lead rolls King Regis and Luna. As for the character Nyx, he’ll be portrayed by your favorite blue meth dealing, yet kind hearted junky from Breaking Bad, Aaron Paul.

http://fraghero.com/final-fantasy-movie-coming-this-year-featuring-actors-from-breaking-bad-game-of-thrones/

WHYYYYY SE? WHYYYYYYY

There's a FFXV demo that just dropped for XB1 and PS4 last night. It's unrelated to the game I think, but it shows off the graphics and battle system and whatnot.

• Upvote 1

So I decided to go with the Reds on a franchise mode, considering how tough the NL Central is and how bad the Reds are. I thought it would be a nice tough challenge.

I've gone 1-5 playing on all star. went 1-2 against the Pirates and swept by the Cards. Only Edwin Jackson who I traded a D potential 50 rating pitcher for pitched well. So I have a major rework to slowly manufacture

Started up The Division. I suck horribly, but it's a fun game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I picked up Arkham Knight again and finally am playing some of the DLC missions for Killer Croc, Ra's al Ghul and Mad Hatter.

The Division really is one of the better shooters I have probably ever played. Haven't gotten to PVP stuff yet, though, however.

• Upvote 1

Downloaded Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus to my Wii U the other day.

I'm a sucker for the "Metroidvania" genre.

Been playing the shit out of Grim Dawn. It's an aRPG, (Think Diablo), but far more in-depth with its skill tree.

If anyone has ever played Titan Quest, it's made by the same folks and plays very similar. Most of the things I'd consider flaws in TQ have been fixed in GD, such as casters eventually having to rely on some sort of melee attack. Casters can be pure casters in Grim Dawn.

The storyline is somewhat funny, there are basically two main enemies, that are, in essence, Demons that can possess people and the Cult of Cthulhu.

Edited by Thanatos

Started up The Division. I suck horribly, but it's a fun game.

Lol my bad dude...didn't mean to neg ya...

Cool to see I'm not the only one playing it and enjoying it. Big patch coming April 12th(?), too.

Downloaded Dead Star off of PSN earlier today (yay free games). Pretty fun little top-down multiplayer space shooter thing. No idea what the lifespan or longevity of it is gonna be, but it's free, so that's nice.