Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

The tactics in DA is really really dumbed down, I also hate how they chose what skills get increased or decreased rather then giving you that freedom to chose your own stats. The combat is a little shody at times as well. I don't hate it like some people (the combat), but it could be much better.

I LOVE the game so far, have put in around 10 hours today, and most of it was spent roaming around the first location and completing quests. I ran into that dragon on the valley btw:

tumblr_m3ojw8QBFW1rn06ty.gif

lmao. I did not see that coming. Haha.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

:devious:

God dammit D: whyyy? Bleh. Did you get it on PC?

If anyone was on the fence, get Far Cry 4, it's constantly awesome. The animals are so impressive lol :lol:

I only own a PC, so yes. Also, after further use of the tactical camera and other ways to set your party's behavior, it may actually rival Origins in tactical-ness.

It is a fantastic game. Took me two hours to make a character I liked though lol.

Going dual-wielding Rogue, as I've played a lot of Mage and a bit of Warrior in the previous two games, but only one previous playthrough as a Rogue, (in DA2, my one and only playthrough of that shitty game).

Varric is back, who was the sole redeeming feature of DA2. <3 Varric.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/far-cry-4-users-accidentally-reveal-they-pirated-the-game

By Luke Karmali

Far Cry 4's director has announced anyone complaining the PC version of the game doesn't contain field of view (FOV) options are in fact revealing they pirated the game.

Taking to Twitter, Alex Hutchinson explained that as legitimate copies of the game will connect to the internet and receive the feature via Day One patch, those complaining that no such feature is present are outing themselves as having illegal copies.

Far Cry 4 Video Review

05:51

"PC players!" he begins, "If you're online complaining about the lack of FOV control ... You pirated the game."

Complaints about the issue are rife, from Reddit to Twitter, though such high numbers probably don't surprise the company too much. Way back in August 2012, the company's CEO Yves Guillemot claimed between 93 and 95 percent of PC gamers pirate some their games (though Ubisoft later clarified that this applied only to certain popular franchises in some territories).

lol @ people complaining about missing features when they stole a game. I'm no saint myself, I use to pirate all my games on the 360. PC pirates are the main reason why some game companies stay away from making games for the PC

• Downvote 1

I don't mind that there's no FOV setting :smug:

Can't say enough about Far Cry 4 though. It's really an amazing game.

I was just messing around earlier doing some hunting to try and get upgrades, and I was chasing these deer over a little hill, and could hear all this grunting and stomping. I crest the hill and it's a freakin Rhinoceros staring right at me. It hit me once and almost killed me, and I got back to my truck which it proceeded to flip over and throw me out, then immediately killed the shit out of me :lol:

The elephants are really badass too. Came upon an outpost with one penned up, so I shot it in the ass with an arrow and it flipped shit, killed all the guards, and I got an undetected takeover :clap:

Also found a little gyrocopter that respawns regularly, flying around the Himalayas in it chucking molotov cocktails is badass.

Think I may cop Far cry today for Xbone to play with a friend.

Embarrassed to say I am playing some Hearthstone right now... >_>

Only have MAYBE an hour or two left in Borderlands, and then it's Diablo and Hearthstone until Xbox One time.

Finally got around to buying South Park The Stick of Truth today, cant wait to play this shit.

Breeding perfect IV Murkrow.

Finished The Evil Within last night. First run on survival (which is essentially your default normal) ended at 22:48:44 with 134 deaths (and I still missed a decent amount of collectibles and stuff to flesh the story out).

I think I'd give it somewhere in the 8-8.5 range.

The gameplay is really the best part of this (as it should be). No quick-time events (other than to open some door, but you're typically not doing it under duress. Typically.) You do have to manage your ammo and supplies ( I didn't have many instances where I completely ran out of everything until late in the game) but the drops from monsters and what you find are fairly frequent, so as long as you don't try to go Rambo on everything you should be alright. Taking your time to line up a headshot when you're one hit away from death and you only have one bullet left with a monster a couple feet away from you and then getting the payoff is satisfying.

The first few chapters had me the most shook I've been since RE4 (damn you, chainsaws), but after that, I found myself less and less affected by the game itself, even when facing similar things later on. Dunno if that's a flaw with the game or just a byproduct of me becoming detached from the game (a flaw of the game?).

Damn only 134 deaths? I think I'm around that total after the first 4 chapters :yao:

I do love this game though. It's really intense. I plan on going for the speed run accomplishment (completing the game in under 5 hours) after my first play through.

As for your last paragraph, maybe you just got used to/better at the game and its was easier to deal with the similar things the game throws at you? I know I have had to learn things the hard way in this game haha.

Edited by BJORN

Fuck Hearthstone... How is anyone supposed to get better at this game. I am facing people of similar rank as me with legendary cards and highly developed decks. I am but a noob. :( Getting crushed is not fun, but I do like the tactical aspect of the card game.

Damn only 134 deaths? I think I'm around that total after the first 4 chapters :yao:

I do love this game though. It's really intense. I plan on going for the speed run accomplishment (completing the game in under 5 hours) after my first play through.

As for your last paragraph, maybe you just got used to/better at the game and its was easier to deal with the similar things the game throws at you? I know I have had to learn things the hard way in this game haha.

That last statement is probably accurate. It's just like, "Here we go again..."

I wanna try to do the five hour speed run and the akumu difficulty. Wonder if the five hour is possible without dropping the difficulty to easy...

Than have you managed to get into Redcliff in DA? I can't seem to get in the city, I've 100% done all the side quests in Hinterland and they still won't let a brotha in...

Favre hearthstone is a money pit if you wanna be good

Definitely seems that way, and that is certainly a shame....

Than have you managed to get into Redcliff in DA? I can't seem to get in the city, I've 100% done all the side quests in Hinterland and they still won't let a brotha in...

Haven't even tried, too busy doing quests. Maybe the city isnt part of the area yet? And you have to finish Act 1 or something?

Should I get Inquistion? (for the 360)

For you DA:I peeps, did you fill out the info in the Dragon Age Keep and then import it when you started up, or are you rocking the default world state?

Should I get Inquistion? (for the 360)

YES! It's not perfect, but it's worth every penny.

For you DA:I peeps, did you fill out the info in the Dragon Age Keep and then import it when you started up, or are you rocking the default world state?

I didn't. I was gonna, and then I actually went online and realized how much work it was... Far too lazy for all that.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

YES! It's not perfect, but it's worth every penny.

I didn't. I was gonna, and then I actually went online and realized how much work it was... Far too lazy for all that.

Haha, yeah. I spent about an hour and a half on it last night during TNF. It's not 100% accurate, because some stuff I don't remember doing, but it's close. Edited by Vin

I did. I love this game series, I wasnt going to let all my choices go to waste.

• Upvote 1

I cracked and got Smash earlier than I thought I was going to. Love it so far. Granted, I skipped a generation, but it seems like the characters are a heck of a lot more balanced than they used to be. I am primarily a Marth / Sheik player, but I have been in training mode for the last hour or so testing out Greninja, Ike, Robin, Pit, and Shulk... All are characters I could see myself using long term.

More testing though!

Yeah, this was the first Smash game with an actual balance patch.

Picked to really focus on Shulk for the time being... Love his skill set, although it is kind of unique with the different 'modes'. Sometimes really hard to use those correctly when you are online and people are pressuring you so much. His normal side fierce is a little slow and gets me into trouble sometimes, but I generally like him a lot.