Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Back into Path of Exile, got Scion unlocked and she is really fun. Jack of all trades class.

Back into Path of Exile, got Scion unlocked and she is really fun. Jack of all trades class.

My brother has been nagging me into playing this again. Says the full version is absolutely amazing. I don't think I really have time to start it up again... but possibly.

Loving online so far. They seem to have meshed all the great elements from previous games and given us one great experience. The maps are bigger (not BF sized).. They have a lot of different paths so there are moment of congestion and epic gun fights, but they don't last long enough where you just get owned over and over again. Spawning is maybe the best in any CoD game ever... Weapons seem pretty balanced.

I have had a few problems using my knife, but those might just be connection problems. One BIG BIG BIG problem I sitll have is you can like block your teammates and stop them from moving. So often I get killed because a teammate is being stupid and camping a doorway as I try getting into cover.

Back on the positive side... These are also the best gametypes in any CoD game ever.Cranked, Blitz, Search and Rescue... I still hate Kill Confirmed, but other than that... Love all these game types. I usually stick to just TDM, but I am definitely broadening my horizons in Ghosts.

Finished launch night with a 1.56 K/D and a 2.63 W/L. I'll take it!

Edited by Favre4Ever

Guest Phailadelphia

What's your name? I finally got around to downloading the full version. Still trying to figure out what class to role, though.

My Scion is in Domination league, it's just like standard except for a twist that I'm really enjoying with shrines that empower monsters that you can also steal for a short duration.

IGN is same as here: Thanatos19. Characters have different names, but you can add me via that, regardless of what league you log in on, you can still see any friends that are online in any leagues.

I just beat the BF4 campaign, it was pretty good. I hope the game translates as well to next gen consoles, it will be awesome.

I want to play GTA online, but I've heard so many mixed things about it. I may start playing Arkham Origins instead.

Yea, I find myself screaming GTFO THE WAY! too often in COD.

Not really feeling this game though, probably cause I'm dying a lot more then I'm used to in COD but the maps pretty much all suck, are too big, and cluttered with useless things, it's like a camper's biggest dream come true. The bullets do WAY too much damage per shot, its almost turning into just who hits who first with a bullet. And the spawn somehow managed to be worse then it was in BO2. They took out hardpoint and replaced it with wackness.

Obviously its just new stuff that I'm going to just get used to over time, and I always bitch about everything anyway. But so far the game is just meh for me.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

How are the spawns worse? They spawn you almost too far from the action. Spawn kills are completely banished, which is nice.

The K/D have been a lot more balanced so far from what I have seen. I have yet to see someone with an outrageous K/D like I have seen on so many other CoD titles -- which speaks to the balance, IMO. And I haven't really run into much camping yet. Some is still done, yes... But they have done a good job of trying to eliminate it best they can. The maps are bigger, so camping is going to be less beneficial for those just looking to get some easy kills... Sniping seems to have made a return to the franchise which will also hurt campers because even fewer people will be running through their territory...

I just beat the BF4 campaign, it was pretty good. I hope the game translates as well to next gen consoles, it will be awesome.

You are among a small minority when it comes to this belief.

i think the BF4 campaign is alrite as well :shrug:

nothing spectacular but who plays it for the campaign. for what its worth, the story isn't as strong as 3, but the gameplay is WAY better. shooting your way through in a linear level gets boring, the direction BF4 took with semi-free roam is so much more fun to play, and you don't die 1000 times on hard either..

i think the BF4 campaign is alrite as well :shrug:

nothing spectacular but who plays it for the campaign. for what its worth, the story isn't as strong as 3, but the gameplay is WAY better. shooting your way through in a linear level gets boring, the direction BF4 took with semi-free roam is so much more fun to play, and you don't die 1000 times on hard either..

The dialogue was very weak, the Irish/Hannah relationship the cliche "I don't trust the new person" type, and the plot filled with so much action and bullshit that I thought I was playing MW3. I agree that the openness is fun, but what is that?

Like two levels? Three? Other than that, you're stuck with a pretty linear approach. You fight 3 times inside of a ship, inside the walls of a prison, and in a hotel which I really don't consider to be very "open" (they give you some openness later on, but overall the level is linear).

I wasn't impressed at all with it, and the only reason I'm so disappointed in it is because DICE tried to hype the campaign to be an amazing story - and it wasn't. I'm having a load of fun online, but the singleplayer was a massive letdown for me.

Finally started up the Ghosts campaign... My brother beat it in a single sitting on the hardest difficulty. Took him a little over 6 hours, I think. Really loved the opening cinematic. I hope that's a sign of things to come.

I've grown to really not like COD since BO/MW3, but I liked this campaign. You get what you expect from COD - pure action, decent-solid characters, and a plot that is completely unfeasible. They executed well on all of these too, whereas BF4 failed hard. I still don't like all the physics stunts in MW, but I've come to expect them. The shit they put into BF4's campaign was ridiculous. Both endings are bad, IMO, but one at least lets you know that there will be a sequel.

I'll take COD: Ghost's campaign over BF4's any day. The only thing that BF4 has over COD is that it has 2-3 levels that aren't entirely linear. That's it, really. BF4's online is far better imo, but its campaign was one of the worst I've played in recent memories.

Age of Empires 2 HD + Forgotten Empires Expansion.

The fact that they turned one of the best mods ever made for an RTS into an official expansion is pretty awesome. (Also probably made them a lot of money.)

Man I am having such a nostalgia trip right now. :D

Making my way slowly down the labyrinth, I've made it to the 6th floor where I've survived an ambush from evil fishies. Due to no good clubs being in stock, Kirbas is currently sitting on the bench while Millakips has suddenly become my new insane attacker, due to a bevy of guns in stock in addition to the passive ability Swashbuckling, which will occasionally grant an extra attack on critical hits. Challenging some of he first FOE's again, and with a single attack order from Tommy, I had him break 200 damage on 3 hits. Pretty good stuff.

Zack's becoming more and more useful in exploring, I can fill my inventory on explorations just by mining and chopping to the limit. For 13 TP I can escape the dungeon at any time, which saves me money on Ariadne Threads (I still keep 1 on me at all times, in case I get into a situation where Zack is dead and I can't revive him in the field). Big moneymaker there.

Durst has been reserved as Boss cleanup basically. Raw damage wise, he can hit weaknesses for 100+ damage a turn. However TP is short, and recovery items are hard to come by. I'm having a harder and harder time finding a use for my summoner, since most of my other fighters can handle debuffs well enough. He may be regulated to boss duty as well, since status effects do work on them.

Ed is making good use of his tanking abilities. With Parry and Magic Parry maxed out, there is a good chance of attacks being reduced to 0 damage when they try hitting him. I never realized how powerful the Princess class is in this game, Great armor selection, Great weapon selection, passive healing (which is insane), and a full suite of party buffs means I don't leave for the dungeon without Tommy.

• Upvote 1

Ghosts is pretty fun....a little clunky in the character setup and everything. And it seems to be very tedious in terms of leveling up and I'm not sure what the point of having ten different characters is? No way am I going to prestige each of them multiple times. Some of the multiplayer maps are pretty bad. They should really try and keep them simple.

Ghosts is pretty fun....a little clunky in the character setup and everything. And it seems to be very tedious in terms of leveling up and I'm not sure what the point of having ten different characters is? No way am I going to prestige each of them multiple times. Some of the multiplayer maps are pretty bad. They should really try and keep them simple.

Each character only prestiges once, and the purpose is for the new Squad integration and game type that they introduced with this title. :yep:

Edited by Favre4Ever

Metro: Last Light.

Solid game, even if I didn't get the good ending on the first go 'round. Interesting setting, entertaining weapons/gameplay, and one of my favorite bits of title screen music ever. Simple, but so great.

• Upvote 2

Finished the Ghosts campaign. Enjoyed it a lot, loved the different level designs, loved the characters and there is a nice twist that sets it up for Ghosts II... CANT WAIT

Only thing I really didn't like was that your character doesn't talk. IW said they did that on purpose to make the player feel more like the character, and on that token.. I guess it worked a little.. I would still rather have my character talk.

Metro: Last Light.

Solid game, even if I didn't get the good ending on the first go 'round. Interesting setting, entertaining weapons/gameplay, and one of my favorite bits of title screen music ever. Simple, but so great.

I knew there was something about you that I liked.

Went on a 16 game win streak with my brother on Ghosts earlier! Pretty sweet. We're ranked 366th and 250th in the Hunted game type which is also pretty sweet. :rock:

Finished the Ghosts campaign. Enjoyed it a lot, loved the different level designs, loved the characters and there is a nice twist that sets it up for Ghosts II... CANT WAIT

That twist was bullshit. They could have pulled off a Ghosts II without that ending. :nonono:

Making my way slowly down the labyrinth, I've made it to the 6th floor where I've survived an ambush from evil fishies. Due to no good clubs being in stock, Kirbas is currently sitting on the bench while Millakips has suddenly become my new insane attacker, due to a bevy of guns in stock in addition to the passive ability Swashbuckling, which will occasionally grant an extra attack on critical hits.

Kirbas sad