Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

ME ME ME PLS PLS PLS

for xbox one?

edit: nvm, for some reason i thought there were two..

Edited by funnygunny

Funny, your brother needs to hook us up with the white Xbox One. :yep:

Let me know how it is, ya'll. Gonna try to get through AC II, finally.

Well, the how the overall console is. :yep: Also, be sure to let me know how Ryse is.

Finally playing The Last of Us.

First game I've played in literally a year and a half...maybe longer...geezz...

But so far it's amazing. Love it.

As far as that Ryse game goes, I've read one review on it and it was very lackluster. Apparently it's extremely repetitive. Punch a guy, stab a guy then slowmo kill a guy. Run down the hall...rinse and repeat...and even the fighting isn't even all that great...but it's one review so who knows...just sharing...

Yea, I read that too but i'm still going to give it a shot. I'm sure the combat does get repetitive but i'm sure ill still enjoy the game.

Edit: Or since Ryse is the only one i havent pre ordered maybe ill get a different game. I don't know yet

edit 2: After look at the titles again i'll just stick to Ryse, only other game im interested in is the Lego marvels game and that can wait until later.

Edited by SteelersNation36

I have heard that the story for Ryze is meant to be great though, if you can get past the slash, stab, repeat of fighting may be worth playing

I'm only going to have 4 or so games, one of them being Ghosts. NFS: Rivals. DR3 and Ryse.

NFS: Rivals over Forza!?!?!?!?!?

Ryse always seemed like a hack n slash title, which does get repetitive. I was just hoping for a really great story to pick it up. :yep:

What is going on in this game.. >_>

Edited by Favre4Ever

Xbox One tomorrow for me. Gotta work tonight :sigh:

Finally got my ps3 after 3 years of no console. Got FF13 going through it again, tag is row_kodiak if anyone wants to add hopefully getting Madden 25 soon

Just about done with ACII... Would anyone who has played this titles already recommend just playing through all of them? I have heard mixed things on Brotherhood and Revelations thus far.

order of greatness

AC2>brotherhood>revelations>AC3>AC1

3 would probably be the best, but for me, there were no jumping puzzles which sort of made the AC series for me. It didn't really feel like I was playing AC and something was missing. Outside of that, it has an awesome story, best combat, best mechanics etc. AC2 is by far my favourite. Killer setting, greatest story and shit. Brotherhood was the last game I played were I 100% everything. The first 3 games made me want to 100%. Just couldn't be fucked with the others for some reason or another, hopefully Black Flag changes that.

That being said, you should definitely go through all of them if you intend to get Black Flag which is like REALLY good.

• Upvote 2

So Ryse was awesome, just too short for me and yea it gets a little repetitive but you're hacking and slashing. Also another small complaint of mine is the lack of different enemies. One could argue you though that it's loosely based on Roman empire stuff so how much variation can they have but still. I liked the game a lot though. .

I'll put it this way, it's probably a game you will enjoy and it has a few minor flaws but overall it's good. If they make another it's simple improvements that would go a long way imo. GoW's combat got repetitive too but I didn't see too many people complaining about it.

I'm only going to have 4 or so games, one of them being Ghosts. NFS: Rivals. DR3 and Ryse.

NFS: Rivals over Forza!?!?!?!?!?

I could never get into Forza, i'm not a huge racing game fan. I like the street style racing of NFS more. I also like chasing mofos as a cop.

Edited by SteelersNation36

Thanks Funny. It kind of saddens me though that I am at the pinnacle of the franchise and I have like 4 or 5 games left to play. Haha.

Gears did a great job of evolving their combat system, IMO. Yes, it mostly the same... But I loved the steps they took with each and every installment.

Welp, I encountered the dreaded "game freezes whenever you try and load a game file" bug in NBA 2K13 since I, for once, decided not to waste money on the newest sports games. I think I'm growing up. :(

I put Dragon Age: Origins in my PS3 afterward to check it out for the first time in probably 3-4 years because I had never finished the last part of the game. I forgot how much I loved it, but now it's like the game's in another language because I barely remember any of the story and the buttons and combat system are a mystery to me at first glance.

Not sure if I want to start over, continue my 76 hour game save, or just abandon it for a few more years. Thoughts?

I downloaded a new game from Japan's visual novel market. It's called the Devil on G String. It's interesting to say the least.

Yes it is one of those games.

Thanks Funny. It kind of saddens me though that I am at the pinnacle of the franchise and I have like 4 or 5 games left to play. Haha.

Gears did a great job of evolving their combat system, IMO. Yes, it mostly the same... But I loved the steps they took with each and every installment.

If the gears part was directed at my post, I was talking about God of War, haha.

the others are still REALLY good as well, but yeah, IMO AC2 is the pinnacle. That being said, I think I'm going to move AC3 after brotherhood on that list, solely because of the naval combat and new assassin brotherhood system. I absolutely LOVE the naval combat, most fun naval simulator I've played, really well done. Just wish there were more D:

I guess Black Flag has a lot more of that though

Haha, oops. My bad Steeler. My brother and I are big Gears fans and always just use GoW.. :laugh:

Welp, I encountered the dreaded "game freezes whenever you try and load a game file" bug in NBA 2K13 since I, for once, decided not to waste money on the newest sports games. I think I'm growing up. :(

I put Dragon Age: Origins in my PS3 afterward to check it out for the first time in probably 3-4 years because I had never finished the last part of the game. I forgot how much I loved it, but now it's like the game's in another language because I barely remember any of the story and the buttons and combat system are a mystery to me at first glance.

Not sure if I want to start over, continue my 76 hour game save, or just abandon it for a few more years. Thoughts?

You should restart.

Also you should play on PC because mods.

Just finished Beyond: Two Souls.

David Cage needs to make the game that David Cage wants to make, and not pander to any third-party entities. I can't help but feel that this game would be better if certain parts of the game were either removed completely or greatly tweaked, instead of the final product we received which feels kinda added on to appease the "games are boring if there's no action" crowd, but it is what it is.

The cast is solid. Ellen Page (and the girl who plays the young Jodie Holmes) and Willem Dafoe are very good as the leads, and I, surprisingly enough, don't have any issues with any of the periphery characters.

As for the story... I wish it were more like Heavy Rain in the fact that you can

permanently die

. That would've added more weight to certain scenarios instead of there being pretty much no penalty for failing things. Obviously this would've been much harder to implement since there's only one main playable character instead of four, but it would've been a quality addition. The game's nonlinear narrative works. I'm not sure if changing that would make things better, though it would have avoided the foreshadowing of an event that I wasn't a fan of. Some of the chapters don't really work, but that goes back to the issue that's mentioned in the first chapter.

Overall, if you liked Heavy Rain, you'll more than likely like this as well. The characters are solid and the story is solid (even if some of the mechanics don't come off that well), I just wish it had more Quantic Dream elements in it instead of the somewhat standard fare that we got.

• Upvote 1