SaintsFan81

Stanley Cup Predictions?

The bad thing about the Chara incident...they say he isn't a repeat offender. But the next time he does something like this will still be HIS FIRST TIME.

Anyway, my Red Wings are heating up. Hopefully Datsyuk and Rafalski return to the lineup.

Wow. No suspension? Nothing? At all?

I realize that all four of the commissioners of the major sports leagues suck massive amounts of dick, but Bettman might be the worst.

Bettman isn't in charge of this. Its Colin Campbell, who actually had a big scandal about how he basically told people to give his son favorable treatment (who coincidentally, or maybe not, plays for the bruins).

See you in 10+ games Chara. Fucking disgusting cheap shot into the boards. Puck was long gone, 15 seconds left in the period and he runs him right into the stantion of the boards. Awful.

Here's the video, but I can't figure how to embed. HD feed of it.

Chara got no suspension. I honestly don't know about this league anymore. Atleast the brass itself.

seriously, I couldn't believe it, he needed to get at least ten games for that, that would be a good precedent for the league to set, as it is, they set a very dangerous one

Wow. No suspension? Nothing? At all?

I realize that all four of the commissioners of the major sports leagues suck massive amounts of dick, but Bettman might be the worst.

How the fuck did Chara not get a suspension for that hit it was disgraceful. He is a fucking goon and is one of a few players that I really hope gets fucked over by someone.

There is no point in dwelling on it anymore for the following reason:

There have always been two sets of rules for NHL players: One for players like Chara and one for the "other" guys. Chara is considered to be way too valuable for the Bruins while Pacioretty is not expected to play a huge role on Montreal. That is why Chara had never gotten any suspensions for any previous dirty plays he may have committed, and that played a key role into him avoiding one.

It's like when Chris Simon and Pronger both stomped on a player's leg with their skates. Both players had been suspended many times before but Pronger had only gotten 8 games while Simon was tossed for 30 for the SAME infraction. Why? Because Pronger was far more valuable than Simon was.

Sadly, this won't change and, as a result, high-caliber players will continue to get away with murder. And, sooner or later, someone is going to get killed as a result. I know Ovechkin was an exception, but it still doesn't change the fact it's still happening.

Edited by BigBen07

How the fuck did Chara not get a suspension for that hit it was disgraceful. He is a fucking goon and is one of a few players that I really hope gets fucked over by someone.

that's the thing, Chara isn't a goon, he was clearly over the line on this hit and should have been punished in a 'nobody's above the law' move, but he's got no history of dirty play, he may even be one of the most stand-up guys in the league

To be honest, the first few times I looked at it I didn't think Chara threw him into the side glass on purpose. He makes it look so nonchalant...

the thing that gets me is the extension of the arm, he does shove Pacioretti into the board and you can't tell me he doesn't know where he is, everybody who's played there knows that partition is there

That said, what's done is done, we just need to hope someone doesn't have to get killed on the ice before the NHL starts to take shit like this seriously

I'll see your Dwayne Roloson, and raise you a Braden Holtby:

Three goalies with shutouts, fuckin awesome

lol Matt Cooke. Please get out of the league.

Cooke suspended rest of the regular season + 1st round of playoffs.

Cooke suspended rest of the regular season + 1st round of playoffs.

Might be a good thing for the Pens haha.

Matt Cooke blows hard.

lol Matt Cooke. Please get out of the league.

Kudos on the suspension, NHL.

:clap:

Kudos on the suspension, NHL.

:clap:

Unfortunately, this still hasn't changed much in regards to this issue. First-time offenders are still getting off easy. The NHL needs to dole out punishment equally irregardless of the players' name and number of offenses.

that's the thing, Chara isn't a goon, he was clearly over the line on this hit and should have been punished in a 'nobody's above the law' move, but he's got no history of dirty play, he may even be one of the most stand-up guys in the league

the thing that gets me is the extension of the arm, he does shove Pacioretti into the board and you can't tell me he doesn't know where he is, everybody who's played there knows that partition is there

That said, what's done is done, we just need to hope someone doesn't have to get killed on the ice before the NHL starts to take shit like this seriously

I'll see your Dwayne Roloson, and raise you a Braden Holtby:

Three goalies with shutouts, fuckin awesome

Yea I think I was more pissed by his reaction after the hit as he didn't seem to care and I hadn't seen an apology for it. It was more the hit I thought Goonish not Chara himself though the reaction I had after seeing it may have been ott.

Playoffs start on Wednesday!!! Get your predictions up on Monday!!!

Edited by BigBen07

I'll post my predictions after the seeding is set.

I aint guaranteeing the cup but at least we made the playoffs. First step accomplished sabres!

Lightning vs. Penguins.

Get used to hearing the name Marty St. Louis Pittsburgh. Here we go!!!

Lightning vs. Penguins.

Get used to hearing the name Marty St. Louis Pittsburgh. Here we go!!!

I'll be going to as many games of that series as I can, which is to say any game that's on a Tuesday, Thursday, or Sunday night. Maybe my odds are slim...

Sabres-Flyers in the playoffs always are a treat no matter who wins.

That being said, I hope the sabres win. :biggrin:

I hate the Rangers.

I hate the Flyers.

I hate the Penguins.

I hate the Canadiens.

I don't mind the Capitals.

Go Bruins, Sabres, and Lightning! in that order...

All right! Playoff hockey is here! Here's my first round picks for the 2011 edition:

Easten Conference QF's:

NY Rangers over Washington in 7

Simply put I feel that the Capitals aren't a playoff team. Also the Rangers were often underestimated this year.

Philadelphia over Buffalo in 7

A series between these two teams is always a treat, but the Flyers are the tougher squad.

Boston over Montreal in 7

Another classic matchup. Boston takes it on the strength of solid goaltending.

Tampa Bay over Pittsburgh in 6

I think that the absence of Crosby will hurt Pittsburgh this year.

Western Conference QF's

Vancouver over Chicago in 6

I'll give the Canucks ONE series win, but it won't come easy against the Hawks.

Los Angeles over San Jose in 6

OK, who's gonna care about this matchup outside of California? San Jose will probably do yet another playoff collapse.

Detroit over Phoenix in 5

Why do the Coyotes bother? I mean they have had ZERO playoff success in their franchise history. Once again the Wings will dump them.

Anahiem over Nashville in 5

Another match that very few people outside of the fan bases will care about. The Predators are another team with zero playoff success. Nothing will change here.

Edited by BigBen07

I'll be going to as many games of that series as I can, which is to say any game that's on a Tuesday, Thursday, or Sunday night. Maybe my odds are slim...

Well your in luck. Games 3 and 4 in Tampa are on Monday and Wednesday at 7:30.

Which means he can't make either game.

Class Monday and work Wednesday. Balls.

Come to think of it, though, I might skip class if I can get a good ticket.

Edited by SteVo