Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Christopher Nolan reveals 3 details about "The Dark Knight Rises"

Another cast member, plus info on what JGL's character might be, or not.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1156585p1.html

Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Rises has added yet another cast member, while also officially signing the long-discussed Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Variety reports that "indie sensation Juno Temple is being eyed for a supporting role as a street-smart Gotham girl" and that "after weeks of quiet negotiations" Gordon-Levitt is now set to work with his Inception director again on the Bat-sequel.

juno_1300495196.jpgRaise your hand if you just got a role in Dark Knight Rises.

Still no word on who the actor will play, but as for Temple, we can take a guess. It seems probable that she'll take on the role of Holly Robinson, Catwoman's pal who first showed up in Batman: Year One and, eventually, donned the Catwoman mantle herself. (Or, as our own Jim Vejvoda jokes, maybe she'll play the female Robin from The Dark Knight Returns… Hey, that would be awesome, actually!)

Meanwhile, Nolan "continues to fine-tune the script as the start of production grows closer," adds Variety.

the-dark-knight-rises-20110202020733062_1300584269.jpg

Update: Well, now we know who Gordon-Levitt will play. According to Variety, it will be Alberto Falcone, the son of Mafia boss Carmine Falcone (played by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins).

"Alberto Falcone, who is also known as The Holiday Killer, would bring Nolan's superhero trilogy full-circle," says Variety. "The character fits with the helmer's stated intentions for continuity and preference to pit the Caped Crusader against 'realistic' villains, as opposed to cartoonish nemeses such as Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy."

Second Update: Now EW is claiming that Variety is wrong about Gordon-Levitt's role being that of Alberto Falcone. They don't offer up any alternatives, however. It's enough to make you want to put on a cape and cowl and go break some Joker jaws. Stay tuned, as hopefully we'll get some real news on this… eventually.

Edited by Vindifference

^ First catwoman, and now her stupid sidekick? :facepalm:

Though Gordon-Levitt as the Holiday Killer would be awesome.

In Nolan we trust!

How about this. Michael C. Hall as The Riddler. Obviously it wouldn't be in the upcoming movie. But possibly in a future installation. I think he would be a perfect fit.

gamer19.jpg

DO IT. DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT. FUCKING DO IT LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Favre4Ever

http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1160724p1.html

So Ra's Al Ghul will be in The Dark Knight Rises after all, but not in the way that you remember him from Batman Begins.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, actor Josh Pence (The Social Network, Battleship) has been cast as young Ra's in the threequel:

"The story line has also been kept locked up in the Batcave but Pence's casting throws more than a few crumbs to follow. Ra's Al Ghul was played by Liam Neeson in Batman Begins, thus paving the way for a possible return of the supposedly dead character. Also, while the studio never confirmed [Marion] Cotillard's character, it has been rumored to be that of Talia Al Ghul, the daughter of Batman's mentor-turned-enemy. Sources say Pence will appear in scenes that take place 30 years prior to the present story."

Pence played Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network, but his face was digitally replaced by his "twin" Armie Hammer's in the final film.

I have a feeling this movie is gonna suffer from Spider-Man 3 syndrome...

I doubt that with Nolan at the helm.

All of the SM movies were pretty "meh"... In my opinion at least.

I doubt that with Nolan at the helm.

I have a ton of faith in Nolan; I just wonder if he's thinking too big for this movie.

(Watch this be even better than The Dark Knight now.)

Too bad Nolan is done after TDKR.

Bring in Joel Schumacher!

Bring in Joel Schumacher!

Lmao...oh please no. I'd rather they just discontinue the franchise altogether.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1162748p1.html

Warner Bros. has officially announced that long-rumored cast members Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard are indeed in The Dark Knight Rises and revealed who they are playing. And it's not who you think.

The studio said "Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham. Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon."

Since we know a young Ra's Al Ghul will be in the movie (played by Josh Pence) and that rumors have swirled for months that Cotillard would play Talia Al Ghul, could "Miranda Tate" simply be her own form of "theatricality and deception" a la her dad's alias of Henri Ducard? We shall see.

Alas, Gordon-Levitt isn't playing Alberto Falcone, Riddler, Robin or any of the other existing DC characters that have been rumored. Most likely, Blake is an amalgam of a number of GCPD cops from the comics who have served in the Major Crimes Unit.

TDKR reunites Cotillard and Gordon-Levitt with their Inception director, Christopher Nolan.

The director said in a press statement, "When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience. I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again."

Christian Bale returns as Bruce Wayne/Batman with Anne Hathaway cast as Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy as Bane.

UPDATED: Badass Digest claims their sources had previously informed them that Gordon-Levitt's character is "someone sowing chaos in Gotham at the start of the film." Is that who Blake is? If so, he sounds something like Detective Max Cort, a rogue cop on Jim Gordon's Batman-hunting GCPD task force who becomes a masked vigilante himself in the "Prey" storyline by Doug Moench.

I can think of only one director I'd want to replace Nolan, and that is Aronofsky. He backed out of Wolverine recently for personal reasons, and I'm pretty disappointed by that. I would've liked to've seen what he did with that.

I personally think they should leave it as a Nolan trilogy...but we all know that's not going to happen.

Friendship

is

Tragic.

dark-knight-rises-movie-image-bane-tom-hardy-slice-01.jpg

First pic of Tom Hardy as Bane from the TDKR website, launched today.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1169728p1.html

Just when you thought the cast of The Dark Knight Rises couldn't get any bigger comes the news that two more actors have joined the stellar ensemble.

Variety reports that Matthew Modine (Full Metal Jacket, Transporter 2) and Scottish actor Tom Conti (The Tempest, Derailed), but "their roles are being kept firmly under wraps."

modine-conti_1305932609.jpgWho will Matthew Modine and Tom Conti play in The Dark Knight Rises?

I've no clue who Modine would play (perhaps another D.A. or maybe a newscaster?), but Conti would make for a good Rupert Thorne, a corrupt Gotham political boss seen in the comics and in Batman: The Animated Series.

The Dark Knight Rises is now filming in England for a July 20, 2012 debut. Other locations include Pittsburgh, New York, Los Angeles, India and Scotland.

In other Bat-news, The Hollywood Reporter says that Marion Cotillard, who has been cast as "Miranda Tate" in the film, has now had her baby. She will shoot her scenes for The Dark Knight Rises later this summer.

UPDATE: Variety has updated their story to report that Modine will "be playing a character named 'Nixon' in the superhero sequel, though further details weren't available." They add that, in addition to Conti, Joey King, 11, has also been cast in an unspecified role. Joey King played Ramona in Ramona and Beezus and also appeared in Battle: Los Angeles and Quarantine.

SPOILER ALERT! It nearly crushed me to read this bit of news. If you want to go into The Dark Knight Rises with surprises left unspoiled, then do not read any further.

Seriously. Don't do it. Eat Bugles or something.

You really wanna know this?! Okay then...

HitFix reports that Liam Neeson recently reprised his role as Ra's Al Ghul for Christopher Nolan in the director's last Batman film.

According to HitFix sources, Neeson was on set Monday and completed shooting just in time to make it to the New York premiere of the revamped musical Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark.

HitFix "contacted Warner Bros. to ask them to comment on this story, and they politely refused, saying that's simply not policy when it comes to the Batman films that Nolan and company make."

We've heard from Jim Gordon himself, Gary Oldman, that Rises will bring Nolan's Batman story full circle. So if Neeson's involvement is accurate, expect more than just thematic callbacks to Batman Begins. No word yet on whether or not Neeson's role is set in the past or in the current timeline. (If it is set in the current timeline, then it gives credence to the rumors of a Lazarus Pit being involved.)

Josh Pence will play young Ra's in what is assumed to be flashback sequences for Rises. Looks like those assumptions may have to be revised, if Neeson's involvement pans out.

The Dark Knight Rises opens July 20, 2012.

UPDATED: Variety now confirms that Liam Neeson is indeed back as Ra's Al Ghul.

"Dark Knight" Poster Looks Familiar, "Inception"-like

2501 comments

email

facebook

twitter

digg

by: Will Leitch

The hot rumor is that the first teaser trailer for "The Dark Knight Rises" will be attached to "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" this weekend. We're inclined to believe that rumor, because late last night, Warner Bros. started the ball rolling by releasing the first teaser poster, confirming the first real existence of anything involving Christopher Nolan's movie. (Save of course that photo of Bane's back acne.) And one thing is clear: this is definitely a Christopher Nolan joint -- the poster looks a whole lot like Nolan's last cinematic success, "Inception."

Both posters depict a forboding, dark metropolis, with ominous skyscrapers surrounding the hero (DiCaprio, in the case of "Inception," the Batman symbol in the case of "Dark Knight.")

Before we show you the poster, we just have to say that the release of the teaser poster and trailer is making us all sentimental. Nolan has said this will be his final Batman movie, and eventually some other, lesser director will take over, and Batman will go back to being Just The Coolest Superhero rather than the vivid, tortured center of chaos that Nolan has made him, and Gotham, into.

Nolan attempted to transform not just Batman, not just superhero movies, but big-budget blockbusters all together, showing that they could be smart, character-driven, terrifying and enigmatic, all at once ... and still make huge mounds of cash. A look at the hit films this summer clearly shows that he wasn't entirely successful, but he surely will inspire others to try. And the films themselves have been so terrific that, honestly, a year away, we're a little sad to think that "The Dark Knight Rises" will be the last one.

Anyway, here's the poster. It's "Inception" means "Batman" meets all heck breaking loose

oh yea, here's the poster:

ymoviesblog-676870581-1310496570.jpg?ym6siUFDPRWW1ple

Inception poster for comparison's sake:

ymoviesblog-214534219-1310496571.jpg?ym7siUFD1sC0V2HA

• Upvote 1

New poster is awesome. When I looked at it real quickly it did look like Inception 2 and then I made out the bat shaped sky.

• Upvote 1

‘The Dark Knight Rises’ to shoot at Heinz Field

Posted by Chris on July 14, 2011 | Official News, The Dark Knight Rises | Casting, Filming

Back in June, we learned that a football game would be taking place in The Dark Knight Rises, and that extras would be needed in August. Now we know exactly where this scene will be shot. The Pittsburgh Steelers have confirmed that their stadium, Heinz Field, will be part of The Dark Knight Rises. The Steelers posted a link to the extras casting call, and explain that they’re looking for enough people to “fill their stadiumâ€. Heinz Field holds 65,050 people! If you want to be a part of Christopher Nolan’s epic Batman conclusion, this is your chance. Hit up the source link to find out how you can be in The Dark Knight Rises at Heinz Field on August 6th.

SOURCE: The Steelers [via CBS Pittsburgh]

• Upvote 1

• Upvote 1