Vin

The Walking Dead

Why?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/the-walking-dead-amc-announces-new-companion-spinoff-series

AMC have announced they are in the initial stages of development on what they're calling a "companion" series to The Walking Dead. Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are executive producing, with the series aimed to debut in 2015. While The Walking Dead has taken Kirkman's comic book as its inspiration, using most of the same characters (albeit often then veering in its own directions), the new series will be about a different group of survivors. It remains to be seen if we'll meet any of the new characters first on The Walking Dead or if the show will take place in such an entirely different area of the world, that wouldn't be possible.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

“After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn't be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” said Kirkman. “The opportunity to make a show that isn't tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

This is the second spinoff series AMC have announced in the past week, on the heels of confirming they are moving forward with the Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.

Why?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/the-walking-dead-amc-announces-new-companion-spinoff-series

AMC have announced they are in the initial stages of development on what they're calling a "companion" series to The Walking Dead. Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are executive producing, with the series aimed to debut in 2015. While The Walking Dead has taken Kirkman's comic book as its inspiration, using most of the same characters (albeit often then veering in its own directions), the new series will be about a different group of survivors. It remains to be seen if we'll meet any of the new characters first on The Walking Dead or if the show will take place in such an entirely different area of the world, that wouldn't be possible.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

“After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn't be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” said Kirkman. “The opportunity to make a show that isn't tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

This is the second spinoff series AMC have announced in the past week, on the heels of confirming they are moving forward with the Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.

Any new halfway decent zombie show and I'm watching it. It'd be cool to see another group of survivors and how they handle the dead.

This has potential to be better than the original while Better Call Saul does not.

One more week.

iyi37mL1xgUFZ.gif

• Upvote 1

Bx2HCzV.jpg
  • Upvote 1

I'm excited, too, but I hope they continue some of the emotional development of season 2. I might be alone when I say I thought season two, though they spent a lot of time away from the blood and guts, was easily the most character progressive season so far. We need more of that.

You should like this season then.

Scott Gimple (showrunner)
On season four's differences: One thing that is quantifiably different is every single character gets a story. When I approached the season, I started with that. What is each character going through? Some of those stories are bigger than others but they all crash into each other. Last year it was something I wanted to do and everybody wanted to do it [but] it was hard with the story we were telling. This season, knowing the story we were telling, I got to be super-disciplined about this and figure out a way everybody gets their story -- because they're great characters and great actors.

Robert Kirkman (executive producer/comic creator)
Changes under Gimple: Every season of this show has been different. Season four is going to be the most different season yet. It's much more of a character study than anything we've done. We've been doing a lot of world building in the first three seasons. Season three was the Woodbury season with the Governor. We don't have that entirely separate group of people to deal with this season, so we're able to dive into our characters more. When season four is done, you will have learned more about Daryl Dixon than you have in seasons one through three. The same is true of Michonne, Rick, Carl, Carol, Hershel, etc. We're going to be diving into Glenn and Maggie. We're going to be doing so much with these characters. Characters like Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green), who we don't know a lot about. We're going to be looking at Sasha, Beth (Emily Kinney) -- and everybody has really involved storylines that are going to carry through this season that are going to open these characters up. We're going to know who these people are and what they're doing and why they're doing what they're doing.

So many new characters to kill off this year...

Not feeling the Army medic character. Also seems like things are going to go downhill fast.

We'll see.

Why don't you like him?

And I am pretty sure we just saw the happiest moments of the show this season. It's going to be a series of unfortunate events from now on.

Doesn't seem anywhere near awesome enough to pull off the "I've seen some stuff" character. We'll see though.

Kind of wading in stereotypes of the military, isn't it? But ya, I could see why people would be weary of that.

More Michonne! Scott Gimple says this season will get emotionally painful very quickly.. :shifty:

"Kids and Adults" is a running theme through this season. Ugh. I hate kids.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Other than Rick's part and the potentially interesting development at the end, that episode blew. Rest of the season looks interesting though.

• Upvote 1

Yeah there was nothing really that great about the opening episode other than "Zombies falling through the roof!" :laugh:

I feel that the audience has already been hardened by what this series has thrown at them since the beginning, and it's going to take a lot of crazy shit to keep us/them captivated.

So they advanced 30 days, now they have a garden, farm animals, a gate system and a library. HOW are they getting this shit so quickly? I know its a fake show and all but this is beyond stupid. The writing of this show has gone in the shitter since they fired the original were let go. No word from the governor still who disappeared into thin air after gunning down a lot his Woodybury population.

I'm guess the water or something is tainted. Which is why they kept keying in on the zombie with bloody eyes, the dead pig and the kid at the end having bloody eyes.

I think it was more like 8 months bucman

It's been about 6 months since the end of the last season. And the producer promises it will get crazy.

Edit - Or 8. :shifty:

Edited by Favre4Ever

I think it was more like 8 months bucman

I'm not talking about how long the show has been gone. The actual time in the show has only advanced 30 days.

Edited by Bucman

Ya, 6 months has gone by in the show.. at least.

Ya, 6 months has gone by in the show.. at least.

I assume its called "30 Days Without an Accident" for a reason.

Beth's sign kind of answers that one... Plus, Scott Gimple said it has been at least 6 months.

Beth's sign kind of answers that one... Plus, Scott Gimple said it has been at least 6 months.

So the own writer of the show doesn't know how much time has gone by :shifty:. Still how you add such big times to the safe haven and not show us it happening. They always seen be getting new assets in this show and we are almost never shown how they got there.

You should watch The Talking Dead, bro. :yep: