Favre4Ever

The Return of the Randomness Thread....

Washing raw chicken? I mean... yeah you could, but the cooking process will kill the germs on it just the same. Salmonella and Listeria and all those things die under high heat. Just wash your hands before and after working with it and it should be fine.

Yeah, Campin brought it up, Ed, Sarge, and I (and others) agreed, MHG said he washes his meat like a 'tard.

The only meat you should be washing is your trouser meat. :yep:

There is something profoundly cynical, my friends, in the notion of paradise after death. The lure is evasion. The promise is excusative. One need not accept responsibility for the world as it is, and by extension, one need do nothing about it. To strive for change, for true goodness in this mortal world, one must acknowledge and accept, within one's own soul, that this mortal reality has purpose in itself, that its greatest value is not for us, but for our children and their children. To view life as but a quick passage along a foul, tortured path -- made foul and tortured by our own indifference -- is to excuse all manner of misery and depravity, and to exact cruel punishment upon innocent lives to come.

I defy this notion of paradise beyond the gates of bone. If the soul truly survives the passage, then it behooves us -- each of us, my friends -- to nurture a faith in similitude: what awaits us is a reflection of what we leave behind, and in the squandering of our mortal existence, we surrender the opportunity to learn the ways of goodness, the practice of sympathy, empathy, compassion, and healing -- all passed by in our rush to arrive at a place of glory and beauty, a place we did not earn, and most certainly do not deserve.

Discipline is the greatest weapon against the self-righteous. We must measure the virtue of our own controlled response when answering the atrocities of fanatics. And yet, let it not be claimed, in our own oratory of piety, that we are without our own fanatics; for the self-righteous breed wherever tradition holds, and most often where there exists the perception that tradition is under assault. Fanatics can be created as easily in an environment of moral decay (whether real or imagined) as in an environment of legitimate inequity or under the banner of a common cause.

Discipline is as much facing the enemy within as the enemy before you; for without critical judgement, the weapon you wield delivers -- and let us not be coy here -- naught but murder.

And its first victim is the moral probity of your cause.

Edited by Vin
i before e
  • Upvote 1