Sign in to follow this  
rzb

Which team will repeat?

OMG OMG OMG!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is most likely to repeat?

• San Francisco Giants
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Auburn Tigers (football)
    • LA Lakers
    • UConn Huskies (basketball)
    • Chicago Blackhawks
    • Other (Please mention).

Answer and discuss.

Lakers, definitely.

I'd probably say the Lakers have the best chance, followed by the Packers.

I said the Pack, 2 3-peats in less than 15 years for one franchise. I don't see it happening.

Have to go with the Lakers on this one.

I said the Pack, 2 3-peats in less than 15 years for one franchise. I don't see it happening.

Thats the Monte Carlo fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_carlo_fallacy

Lakers the easy pick among those choices.

Baseball is the hardest sport to make it to the playoffs, and the Giants were one game away from not even making the playoffs last year.

Forgetting the lockout, with the single-elimination format the NFL playoffs are a lot more random than other sports.

Auburn has to replace a lot of players, including the heisman winning qb.

UConn is a team that overachieved, not to mention their star is probably going pro.

The Blackhawks, the team I'd say has the second best chance of these, is a much weaker team this year than last year. They're hot lately, but they'd most likely face the juggernaut in Vancouver the first round.

The Lakers on the other hand, have been hot lately, and while weaker in the regular season, they're still a top team. They didn't lose any major players, and for now have been decent with injuries. Not a slam dunk to repeat, but more likely than any other team here.

• Upvote 1

The easy choice would be Barcelona in La Liga, but since none of you fools watch the beautiful game...

LA Lakers. blots had some good reasoning for their argument, and they've been a top threat for several years now.

The easy choice would be Barcelona in La Liga, but since none of you fools watch the beautiful game...

LA Lakers. blots had some good reasoning for their argument, and they've been a top threat for several years now.

Just cause you win "Biggest Soccer Fan," doesn't mean you're the only one who watches it.

:biggrin:

Edited by rzb

Just cause you win "Biggest Soccer Fan," doesn't mean you're the only one who watches it.

:biggrin:

TO be recognized as a soccer fan, you must stand in front of a mirror shirtless, take a picture and post it on TGP for all the dudes to see.

I dunno about the Lakers. Ya they are hot right now, but the playoffs will be tough for everyone. There are the Spurs, Mavs, and Thunder that are threats to them in the west, and if they do make it to the finals, they will probably go against Chicago who looks pretty good with Rose leading the way. I don't think the Lakers will repeat, so I went with the Packers as no other team really has a viable chance of repeating.

I had to go with my Blackhawks. Honestly, I don't think anyone will repeat.

Bulls or Celtics will win the Finals.

I don't really know who I predict to win the SB yet but I don't think it will be the Packers.

Honestly, the Blackhawks will not win it again. They are very weak this year and are fighting for the 8th playoff spot.

UConn doesn't have a chance, IMO. Niether does Auburn or the Giants (in fact, AU and SF probably have the least chance).