Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

2011 NBA Playoff Discussion

I think people are going a little too far...

LBJ just needs to improve, that's all it is. The Heat probably wouldn't of made it past the Celtics if they didn't have James. The Heat probably wouldn't of been anywhere near as successful if they didn't have James. He just needs to improve on playing without the ball in his hands and he needs to know when it's time for him to take over and when it's time for him to make plays for others.

If he is as good as some people claim him to be, if he really wants a ring as badly as he says he does, he and Wade will improve together. And they will be right back at it next year.

LMFAO

I agree wtih you that they're not a threat if they just get rid of LeBron, but they should use the money the save to sign two solid teammates. I don't pay attention to the NBA too much, but I'm sure there's a few decent replacements out there who can fill in, and give a full effort til the clock says 0.0.

LeBron may be awesome, but the team is just fine without him.

It doesn't work like that. LeBron is more valuble to a team than 2 players who are half as good as him. Even 3/4ths as good.

I will gladly eat my words. I can't believe I thought Dallas was cooked. I'm so glad they pulled back and won this series. I'd love to see a Finals between the 2008 Celtics team and this Dallas team. I think between those two, whichever won that series would be the best NBA team of the last 5 years. Yes, I am discounting the Lakers of the last two years.

You're also discounting San Antonio in 2007, which actually swept in the Finals.

But why exactly are you discounting the Lakers? I honestly believe the 2010 Lakers are right up there.

Edit: And the ideas that Lebron should be shipped and the Heat will have a better chance at winning a title....are pretty laughable.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

It's certainly a nice little group but let's not get ahead of ourselves and just act like LawlBron -despite sometimes/often childish attitude- is just some player. He's a great player, a choker one may say but he's still a good player not that you're disputing that but it is what it is. I still think he would have been a better fit in Chicago quite honestly. :shrug:

I agree with F4E that re Heat would be better without Lebron. It's not because Lebron isn't good, it's because great teams are built with one superstar and a good supporting cast.

Also, he wouldn't have been a better fit in Chicago. The Bulls have built their team very well as it is. No, they didn't win it all this year, but if they keep their team as is, they're going to mature into a team that is going to win a lot of championships. Like I said, one superstar (D-Rose) an a great supporting cast (Noah, Deng, etc). I'm already excited to see what the Bulls can do next year.

iiRIZ.png

Already posted, you dumbfuck anorexic Latino Canadian.

320562769.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1307936322&Signature=FbIAsvl17linixAe7wL7WL9X7g8%3D

• Downvote 2

You're also discounting San Antonio in 2007, which actually swept in the Finals.

But why exactly are you discounting the Lakers? I honestly believe the 2010 Lakers are right up there.

Edit: And the ideas that Lebron should be shipped and the Heat will have a better chance at winning a title....are pretty laughable.

I discount the Lakers because their entire offense runs through Kobe whereas Dallas was so diverse offensively that the only team of the last 5 years that could have dealt with them would have been the Celtics in 2008. I also think the combination of Chandler, Haywood, and Mahinmi (however you spell it) would destroy Pau Gasol, taking care of LAL's second scoring option. The Lakers who took the Finals two years straight were great teams (and I say teams versus team because of the Artest and Ariza swap), but in one of those years Garnett was missing from Boston so they didn't even make the Finals and last year Kendrick Perkins destroyed his knee in game 6, which is practically the only reason Boston doesn't have two championships in the last 5 years. These Los Angelas teams were great, but had Boston remained healthy throughout the three years they were serious contenders, they probably would have taken all three titles due to their defensive tenacity.

Uh bro, the best playoffs in sports is on NBC tonight.

:shrug:

Go fuck your whore mother, Phil, you fat fucking basement dweller....

• Downvote 2

Go fuck your whore mother, Phil, you fat fucking basement dweller....

Go fuck your morbidly obese grandmother, LOLduardo, you anorexic Latino Canadian igloo dweller.

• Downvote 1

LeBron didn't go to college because he doesn't like showing up for Finals.

• Upvote 2

I discount the Lakers because their entire offense runs through Kobe whereas Dallas was so diverse offensively that the only team of the last 5 years that could have dealt with them would have been the Celtics in 2008. I also think the combination of Chandler, Haywood, and Mahinmi (however you spell it) would destroy Pau Gasol, taking care of LAL's second scoring option. The Lakers who took the Finals two years straight were great teams (and I say teams versus team because of the Artest and Ariza swap), but in one of those years Garnett was missing from Boston so they didn't even make the Finals and last year Kendrick Perkins destroyed his knee in game 6, which is practically the only reason Boston doesn't have two championships in the last 5 years. These Los Angelas teams were great, but had Boston remained healthy throughout the three years they were serious contenders, they probably would have taken all three titles due to their defensive tenacity.

You really can't factor in health. I can make an argument then that if Bynum was healthy in 2008 the Lakers could've won three in a row...

It's pretty special anytime I see one dude's nutsack pretty level with another guys face....

:rofl:

BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm telling Pack.

LeBron didn't go to college because he doesn't like showing up for Finals.

:rofl: I love the Lebron jokes.

:rofl:

BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm telling Pack.

Context is key..... :shifty:

Listening to LeBron's post game comments....he's the biggest fucking cunt in sports. Gotta have D-Wade hold his hand in the post-game presser and help answer questions for him....telling us that our lives suck...etc.

Fuck him. Fuck him to hell. I've never hated an athlete as much as I hate this prima dona little bitch.

agreed. :beerchug2:

You really can't factor in health. I can make an argument then that if Bynum was healthy in 2008 the Lakers could've won three in a row...

You could, but what is Bynum really? An overrated center who can score a ton of points on any given night. In 2009, Boston was missing Garnett, who's arguably the best Power Forward of his generation or slightly lower than Duncan. In 2010, Boston lost their defensively dominant Center in game 6, preventing Boston from winning either game 6 or 7. They were simply over-matched. At the end of the day, the 2008 Boston team and 2011 Dallas team are better than the Lakers of 2009 and 2010, who practically had their paths cleared for them. Remember that in 2009, Houston very well could have beaten LAL in the second round if Yao Ming hadn't gone down. That team was on a championship trajectory before Yao got injured. Who did Los Angelas beat in their finals appearances? A glorified one-man team in Orlando who happened to be playing with a recently activated PG who wasn't even close to himself. Then in 2010, they were on their way to losing the series before Kendrick Perkins went down. I'm not saying Los Angeles wouldn't have won, but you can't discount these points. I love watching Kobe win titles, knowing how hard he plays and that he's the closest thing to Jordan this league has seen, so there's no bias here.

You guys who say he can't play in the 4th quarter don't remember the boston or chicago series do you? I don't like LeBron either, but if the Heat got rid of him, they become a good team that makes the playoffs, but never is a real threat.

No... I remember clearly what happened against the C's in the Finals. He disappeared in a big moment. ;)

Uh bro, the best playoffs in sports is on NBC tonight.

News flash... The Packers already won the Super Bowl

It doesn't work like that. LeBron is more valuble to a team than 2 players who are half as good as him. Even 3/4ths as good.

I disagree, actually. Lebron is one of the most physically gifted athletes the NBA has ever seen. But when he refuses to fit the role that not only the Heat need, but would elevate his game beyond anything we have seen before.... I would rather take those two players that know their roles.

Lebron would be better off going somewhere without a Super Star... Some where that he can be THE GUY. The player to carry an entire team and franchise to the playoffs year after year, and eventually the NBA Finals... A place where a team can build AROUND him as the focal point. A place like Cleveland.

Fine then. LeBron makes 14.5 million a year. Name me two players who aren't on their rookie contracts that the heat would be better off with than LeBron whose combined salaries are less than that (and don't just name one star and a minimum salary scrub).

Found this interesting...

James averaged 26.7 points per game in the regular season, but just 17.8 in the Finals, the largest discrepancy in history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

And I found it even more interesting that the Heat got outscored by 36 points when LeBron was on the court, but outscored the Mavericks by 22 points when LeBron was on the bench.

Fine then. LeBron makes 14.5 million a year. Name me two players who aren't on their rookie contracts that the heat would be better off with than LeBron whose combined salaries are less than that (and don't just name one star and a minimum salary scrub).

I am not sure on salaries of guys around the league. I am more familiar with Phoenix though. Phoenix is an old team, who needs to rebuild desperately. Although it may cause some outrage... Getting a Steve Nash would immediately make the Heat 10x better than they are now. Add a Grant Hill, who is another amazing role player, and the Heat are winning a title.

D-Wade and Chris Bosh.... Getting fed the rock from Steve Nash. And then you have guys like Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, and Grant Hill? Sign me up for that.

Guest Durant4MVP

Lebron would be better off going somewhere without a Super Star... Some where that he can be THE GUY. The player to carry an entire team and franchise to the playoffs year after year, and eventually the NBA Finals... A place where a team can build AROUND him as the focal point. A place like Cleveland.

History says most teams won't win a title without two All-NBA players on it. Dirk is the first to do it in a while.

History says most teams won't win a title without two All-NBA players on it. Dirk is the first to do it in a while.

Last time was....? San Antonio. I guess that was a few years back, but... When you said "a while", I was thinking like 10+ years ago. lol