Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Gabbert's stock slipping?

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to NFL Network's Mike Lombardi, the 49ers' interest in Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert is "lukewarm."

Lombardi believes Gabbert's stock is "slipping," and that he will be available at No. 7 for San Francisco. Lombardi even suggested Gabbert "could easily slide out of the top ten." Meanwhile, NFLN draft analyst Mike Mayock believes Gabbert's "worst case scenario" is going eighth to the Titans. With the draft just three days away, we still have a poor feel for Gabbert's landing spot. Apr 25, 6:53 PM

Not surprised. He is horribly overrated and shouldn't even be going before the late 1st, if that. He's nothing but the product of college football. He did almost nothing last year but dunk the ball off and let the receiver take it a few yards. That's why his stats are the way they are. Decent completion percentage, almost 3200 yards throwing and only 16 TD's. That's pretty messed up considering he threw an average of almost 40 times a game.

Edited by Shotgun

So Gabbert going where he should belong... maybe. None of these QB's are really that great, but they are so overrated.

Chase Daniel was a thousand times better and where did he get drafted at? That's just a testament to how fucking atrocious this QB draft class is.

Cam Newton is the most overrated player in college football, though. Not Blaine Gabbert. LOL at anyone who drafts Newton in round 1 or 2.

I just read somewhere that the Redskins are willing to move up all the way to #2 to get a QB and most people think it is Gabbert.....

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to Blaine Gabbert. Personally I think Gabbert's potential far outweighs his risks. If he lands with the 49ers or Redskins and has either Jim Harbaugh or Mike Shanahan respectively developing his skills, I think he can become a franchise quarterback in time. He's more than capable of making all of the NFL throws, and he appears to have a good head on his shoulders. Plus he's got nice mobility as well, and he's smart enough to translate from the spread to a pro-style offense IMO.

If I were a team in need of drafting a quarterback this year I'm taking Gabbert over any other quarterback in this draft class, and it's not even close.

Ya... I'm thinking this means the NIners want him to fall to them. I don't think you fall out of love with a guy 2 days before the draft.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to Blaine Gabbert. Personally I think Gabbert's potential far outweighs his risks. If he lands with the 49ers or Redskins and has either Jim Harbaugh or Mike Shanahan respectively developing his skills, I think he can become a franchise quarterback in time. He's more than capable of making all of the NFL throws, and he appears to have a good head on his shoulders. Plus he's got nice mobility as well, and he's smart enough to translate from the spread to a pro-style offense IMO.

If I were a team in need of drafting a quarterback this year I'm taking Gabbert over any other quarterback in this draft class, and it's not even close.

No you're not alone. He's by far the best QB in this draft IMO. I mean I've said this months ago, but A LOT of the things they are saying about Gabbert they were saying about Freeman when he came out. Granted he isn't AS BIG as Freeman (many aren't) but other than that I see a lot of similarities in them both. I think Gabbert's NFL future is what he will make of it.

If he puts in the big time work that is required, like Manning and Brady and Brees (the big timers), like Freeman has I think he could be a good one...a franchise guy.

:shrug:

Edited by BucD