Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Reggie Bush done in New Orleans?

Yes, he's done. He'll be released so that the Saints don't pay him $8 million or whatever it is this season. And at this point he's probably angry over the Ingram pick so he won't be re-signing with New Orleans.

• Upvote 2

Yep, what SteVo said.

Like I said in the Shoutbox earlier, if Bush could come back down to Earth and realize his true value he could restructure his contract to a fair, yet reasonable price so he wouldn't have to leave 'Nawlins.

Since we all know that's not going to happen, when he's released and finds out that he's not being offered the mega-contract that he thinks he deserves Bush will go to the highest bidder which will probably be the Washington Redskins. (You know this has Dan Snyder written all over it!)

:bookit:

• Upvote 1

I'd take him for the right price....:shifty:

I personally don't think Reggie is gonna leave. He is set to make like 11.3 million this year. Coach Payton said he sees Bush in a Saints' uniform next year. Although we drafted Ingram, i still think that we need Reggie. The physicality that he brings to this team is something we need. I expect him to stay with us.

Speaking on NFL Network during Saturday's draft coverage, Saints coach Sean Payton said he would be "surprised, really" if Reggie Bush isn't back in New Orleans for the 2011 season.

Payton insists he has a "clear vision" of Bush's role with Mark Ingram joining the backfield. Payton does sound awfully convincing, but it takes two to tango, and Bush no longer seems as amenable to restructuring his contract to stay on as Ingram's caddy. We're still highly skeptical that he'll be sporting the fleur-de-lis on his helmet come September. Source: Chris Wesseling on Twitter

Can anybody honestly say Reggie Bush has had a single season where he's proven to be worth $11.3 million? The guy is a beast in the open field, makes plays, and is a nice extra dimension to an offense....but that doesn't change the fact that he's been oft-injured & will never be that every down NFL running back that teams give $11 million per to.

Ingram is the perfect fit for Payton's smash-mouth running plays which off-set the passing attack. In my opinion, Ingram is going to be an absolute BEAST in the NFL. Nobody will give a shit about Reggie Bush in the Big Easy, halfway through the season. And to think most of us thought the Texans were nuts once upon a time.

i don't think the saints will get rid of him. he's probably just butt hurt that he will have less runs (than he already has) so he's showing it on twitter. never liked the bloke.

• Upvote 1

Reggie Bush is now reversing course on his willingness to stay in New Orleans, stating Saturday that he wants "first and foremost" to be a Saint.

Bush regrets his post-draft tweet suggesting the Mark Ingram pick had sealed his fate with the team. "Obviously, sometimes you write things or say things that you wish you shouldn't have," Bush said. "(Ingram and) I can definitely help each other." Bush acknowledges that he and the Saints still have to "handle the business side of things" and "come to a happy medium" on a restructured contract, but he to play the rest of his career in New Orleans. The odds are now much better than 50-50 that Bush will remain with the Saints. Source: Jeff Duncan on Twitter

Per Rotoworld:

Reggie Bush indicated that he is willing to take a pay cut to stay with the New Orleans Saints.

"This is something that me, my agent and the Saints have to collectively come together to talk about," said Bush, adding that he's open to a "happy medium." "There’s going to have to be some type of renegotiation." Bush never would've been back at his $11.8 million scheduled salary, so it's refreshing to see a pro athlete with some sense of reality. We suspect Bush will agree to a new, renegotiated long-term contract after the lockout.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

It's nice to see that Reggie has at least some common sense. Either that, or a very convincing agent.