Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Leonard Hankerson calls himself best wide receiver in draft

If Leonard Hankerson is right – or even close to being right – the Washington Redskins got one hell of a deal.

The Redskins, who have had an acute need for wide receivers for a few years now, selected Hankerson in the third round Friday night, No. 79 overall.

The Miami product was the ninth receiver chosen in the draft and he ranks himself right up there at the top. The very top.

“I know I’m better than each one of those guys that was drafted before me,†Hankerson told The Sports Junkies this morning on 106.7 The Fan, according to Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post. “Hey, it’s over with now. I’m a Washington Redskin. I can’t do anything about it. Only thing that matters is what I do after the draft, so I’m looking forward to getting on the field with my new teammates, getting to meet my coaches and just having fun with them and proving (it) to everyone.â€

Better than Julio Jones, who went sixth overall to the Atlanta Falcons after a blockbuster trade?

“Of course, I wouldn’t say anything differently,†Hankerson said. “Of course I think that. I feel I’m the best receiver in the draft, I feel like I can make plays, i can do everything the other players do. I feel like I can block, run routes, go up and get the ball. I make plays. I broke every single season record this year. I feel like I can do it all.â€

Mike Shanahan got a pretty good wide receiver in the fourth round a few years back – Brandon Marshall. Maybe he can make things happen with Hankerson.

Source: Yahoo.com

Edited by BLUE

Hell ya man. This is the attitude he is gonna need. The Skins just need somebody to throw to him. This could be one of the drafts biggest steals. Rookie wideouts don't usually have much of an impact. But I am definitely going to be watching him and his career closely.

Gotta love Hankerson's attitude. Now he's gotta put forth the time and effort to prove his opinion to others.

Love the kid's attitude and ability. I had him as my #3 WR behind only Green and Jones. The kid looks like he can play and I think the Skins got themselves a steal in the 3rd.

I love the confidence, he is for damn sure going to need it next season. Especially when he has a fucking Guard throwing him the ball because we have no QB.

Love the kid's attitude and ability. I had him as my #3 WR behind only Green and Jones. The kid looks like he can play and I think the Skins got themselves a steal in the 3rd.

Considering most people couldn't even name a WR OTHER than Jones and Green I don't know how being the 3rd best WR on your board or anybody's board is some kind of accomplishment or indictment on his greatness. This draft was, top to bottom, one of the weakest talent pools I've seen in at least a decade.

How great can he be? The Lions didn't draft him! :wink:

Edited by FSUViking

Good attitude to have coming out as a rookie. Not everyone out there would openly express that they think they're the best. Now he just has to prove it.

This is definitely possible. Anybody who watched Miami this past season saw his talent. I'd like to see him succeed, but I expect Austin Pettis to have a better year, due to having a better QB.

This is definitely possible. Anybody who watched Miami this past season saw his talent. I'd like to see him succeed, but I expect Austin Pettis to have a better year, due to having a better QB.

I don't even think Pettis will be the best rookie on his team. ;)

I don't even think Pettis will be the best rookie on his team. ;)

Wait and see, wait and see.

Oops. Rookie WR, I meant to say.

Oops. Rookie WR, I meant to say.

There's another? I barely paid attention to the draft.

Greg Salas outta Hawaii. Aloha Bro!

It's not like Hankerson had a decent QB throwing to him at Miami...Lord knows that we're not allowed to have decent QB's anymore..