RANGA

TGP's Top 10 NFL Safeties

LolESPN and so on and so forth...

Just like with the QB thread. Points system is the same.

1. 12pts

2. 10pts

3. 8pts

4. 7pts

5. 6pts

6. 5pts

7. 4pts

8. 3pts

9. 2pts

10. 1pt

Comments are appreciated. VOTE!

I wish we could do a top 5 FS and top 5 SS. I hate integrating the two... :shrug:

We had 7 safeties make our top 128. While Troy Polamalu is definitely our number 1, here are the other guys who made the top 128.

Ed Reed

Antoine Bethea

Quintin Mikell

LaRon Landry

OJ Atogwe

Earl Thomas

Honorable Mentions: Guys who didn't get past the second qualifying round

Eric Weddle

Michael Huff

Eric Berry

Louis Delmas

Jairus Byrd

Nick Collins (Stuck on the Packers, with all their good players, he didn't get past the first qualifying round)

Kerry Rhodes

Adrian Wilson

I'll put my personal list up shortly.

1. Troy Polamalu

While he may not be my best player in the NFL, he's pretty damn close. Epic playmaker, perfect hybrid safety, and does everything well.

2. Ed Reed

He's the ballhawking king, no one gets interceptions like Ed Reed, and his physicality is criminally underrated. You have to be tough to play safety in the AFC North.

3. Quintin Mikell

All around great player, needs more love, etc.

4. OJ Atogwe

Gets a lot of turnovers, great against both the run and pass, and is even a decent blitzer to boot.

5. Nick Collins

Great coverage safety, might look a little better with the Green bay safety net in front of him, but he's a beast anyway, and shouldn't be penalized for having a great defense around him.

6. Yeremiah Bell

He plays for the Dolphins, another awesome secondary, and his run support skills are legendary, he'd put the team on his back if they weren't plenty capable of holding off offenses.

7. Eric Weddle

Another well rounded player, he's been great for the Chargers, and I'm surprised he didn't make it into the round of 128 in the Best Player competition.

8. Antoine Bethea

Again, I love his coverage skills, while Bob Sanders was getting all the love, Bethea took responsibility for his given up coverage, and let him be Bob Sanders. He does the same for Melvin Bullitt as well.

9. George Wilson

The overlooked safety on the Bills, while Byrd got INT's and Whitner made hard hits, Wilson did the little things that made those two look good. His coverage skills are good, his run support and in box play is great as well, I almost consider this a penalty because he doesn't get as many snaps as the top guys on here.

10. Earl Thomas

But Razor, there are so many other names you can put on here... and oh bite me, Thomas is a true playmaker, better than Eric Berry (YES HE IS, I AM THE LAW!), has great coverage skills already early in his career, and is starting to build his reputation as a turnover machine. I could give this to more veteran guys like Adrian Wilson or Kerry Rhodes, or the other Bills Safety I consider really close (Byrd), but this is a one point spot anyway, so I'm going with my gut over my head. He's not bad in run support either.

1. Troy Polamalu

2. Ed Reed

3. Nick Collins

4. Quintin Mikell

5. OJ Atogwe

6. Antoine Bethea

7. Eric Berry

8. Earl Thomas

9. George Wilson

10. Daniel Manning

I wish we could do a top 5 FS and top 5 SS. I hate integrating the two... :shrug:

Yeah I know what you mean, but this is just easier. Plus it gives you a true #1.

1. Troy Polamalu

2. Ed Reed

3. Nick Collins

4. OJ Atogwe

5. Quintin Mikell

6. Michael Griffin

7. Antoine Bethea

8. Eric Berry

9. Laron Landry

10. Earl Thomas

MOAR VOTES!

Bump what Ranga said.

1. Troy Polamalu: He's the obvious choice. He's quite possibly the most valuable player to his team that doesn't play QB.

2. Ed Reed: He had an off year last season, but an off year for him is still better than 95 % of the rest of the league's safeties good year. Sideline to sideline, great in coverage, one of the best playmakers in the game: he's still a beast.

3. Nick Collins: This guy has been an animal for may years, and he's managed to do it under the radar for the most part. He's one of the best all-around safeties in the game.

4. Yerimian Bell: He's been doing it for years, and he's just as ferocious as he is a solid cover guy. He doesn't get enough credit because the Dolphins are so lol, but he deserves high marks.

5. Eric Berry: The kid did it all in 2010. He had over 100 tackles, was a turnover machine, deflected passes, and is a true ball hawk. He went to the pro bowl in his rookie year, And what's scary is that he'll only get better.

6. Antoine Bethea: Any safety with over 100 tackles is doing his job and someone else's. He's really come into his own, and in a secondary that really has produced no help for him, he's the bright shining star.

7. Laron Landry: He gets forgotten because his team is in utter turmoil, but this guy is hard hitting safety who is also good in coverage. If the Redskins can ever get it together, this is a name you will hear a lot more of.

8. Earl Thomas: This guy just flat out gets it done. He's great in coverage and has a nose for the ball. Turnovers seem to come easy to this guy, and he's another sophomore that will be causing damage for years to come.

9. O.J. Atogwe: An all-around safety who finds the ball constantly. Chances are that when the play is over, you're going to see him in the picture on your TV screen.

10. Jim Leonhard: I'm going to be honest here. I put him on this list because he's a personal favorite of mine. He gets lost in the hype over the CBs in NY, but I promise you this: any receivers going over the middle know exactly who he is, and they'd better know exactly where he's at. BAM!

1. Troy Polamalu

2. Ed Reed

3. Nick Collins

4. O.J. Atogwe

5. Antoine Bethea

6. Quinton Mikell

7. Charles Godfrey

8. Eric Weddle

9. Eric Berry

10. Earl Thomas

1. Troy Polamalu

2. Ed Reed