Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update - Holdout over: Chris Johnson agrees to terms

He referred to the racists as the "fake fans".

I agree that he should have just let it go and never said a thing, but calling him "ghetto trash" for defending himself? Yeah..no.

Oooooo. Poor baby... He was just defending himself from the mean trolls on twitter. :(

I think I shed a tear just now.

Oooooo. Poor baby... He was just defending himself from the mean trolls on twitter. :(

I think I shed a tear just now.

I just don't see how it makes him "ghetto trash".

That's the only thing I want an explanation on.

It's the grillz that make him look like ghetto trash. :p

But $30M guaranteed? Holy fuck.

I still think his production will depend largely on the performance of Tennessee's offensive line. But I'm also curious as to what Titans fans think about that.

I still think his production will depend largely on the performance of Tennessee's offensive line. But I'm also curious as to what Titans fans think about that.

our oline is much improved from last year based on what I've seen in the preseason, they were giving our backs holes you could drive a truck through and what our other backs get 30-40 yard runs out of CJ would turn into TDs, I know I've made this comment elsewhere, but I thought I'd say it again here, CJ has breakout speed nobody in the NFL can match, so I have no issue with the contract we gave him

There are too many question marks around any running back to pay him this much.

Injuries, guys wrestling and diving around his knees and ankles at all times. ESPECIALLY with a running back who relies so much on his speed. I love Tennessee's entire depth chart at RB. I just don't see why they paid the guy.

There are too many question marks around any running back to pay him this much.

Injuries, guys wrestling and diving around his knees and ankles at all times. ESPECIALLY with a running back who relies so much on his speed. I love Tennessee's entire depth chart at RB. I just don't see why they paid the guy.

The problem with Tennessee's depth at RB is Ringer has been hurt basically all pre-season, Stafon Johnson has had 2 serious injuries in a row, and while Jamie Harper would be a very good bruiser back, he's not someone I'd want carrying the ball 20-25 times a game.

Guest MikeyDay

Excuse my highness. haha Glad we signed em tho forreals shun

Edited by MikeyDay
  • Downvote 1

here's a great breakdown of CJ's contract: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Green-Titan.html

One part I really like is that the contract drops 250k in any season CJ doesn't participate in at least 30 of the team's 36 offseason workouts, he's been working out in Orlando most offseasons and while he's obviously done well with those workouts, it'll be nice to get him into Nashville in the offseason to work with the team

Not to beat a dead horse, but are the Titans fans around here in which were supporting Chris Johnson during his holdout happy with the money that the team spent on him?

Looks to me like he's lost a major step. He's simply not seeing the field out there.

13 carries for 21 yards today. It's clearly NOT the line that is causing this slump.

Guest MikeyDay

Not to beat a dead horse, but are the Titans fans around here in which were supporting Chris Johnson during his holdout happy with the money that the team spent on him?

Looks to me like he's lost a major step. He's simply not seeing the field out there.

13 carries for 21 yards today. It's clearly NOT the line that is causing this slump.

Our interior line sucks wut u mean that its clearly not thaf?. And we more of a passing team now. Ringer couldnt go anywhere either , our oline cant block to the second level. But hey if teams still focus on stopping him go head, Hasselbeck is tearing it up.

Our interior line sucks wut u mean that its clearly not thaf?. And we more of a passing team now. Ringer couldnt go anywhere either , our oline cant block to the second level. But hey if teams still focus on stopping him go head, Hasselbeck is tearing it up.

From what I've seen our playcalling isn't nearly as focused on the running game as it had been under Fisher. I'm glad we are passing the ball more. It really balances everything out.

As for CJ, the running game will improve as the season progresses. I hope.

there's a couple things working against him right now, largely the holdout and the ensuing lost practice/training camp reps (not excusing him, just explaining) he's got a new fullback who's got a much different style so I'm not sure he's adjusted to him, and the team put in a new blocking scheme, which I think he'll adjust to eventually, I also think defenses are keying in on the run making it easier to throw the ball

Yes, still as happy as I was with him last season..and in 09, and in 08. It's just rust combined with a terrible run blocking offensive line and a terrible FB.

Yes, still as happy as I was with him last season..and in 09, and in 08. It's just rust combined with a terrible run blocking offensive line and a terrible FB.

What if he ends the year looking sub par. I doubt he finishes as bad as he has started.. but what if you see nothing special by week 14, 15, 16...? Do you still make excuses for him and have these delusions of grandeur heading into next season?

What if he ends the year looking sub par. I doubt he finishes as bad as he has started.. but what if you see nothing special by week 14, 15, 16...? Do you still make excuses for him and have these delusions of grandeur heading into next season?

If we're seeing nothing special, or the "old" CJ by week 14, then something is either seriously wrong with him or the run blocking is even worse than I thought it was. Most likely the 1st one.

The thing with CJ has always been he starts off slow. I'm not talking regular season, but he's always started off pre-seasons looking terrible, like he had no burst, didn't have the same vision, etc, but when the regular season rolled around, he was back to his dominating self. So maybe it'll be another week or 2, but I have faith that he'll get going here soon. While he did struggle running vs the Broncos, he made an extremely nice catch down the sideline:

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/CJ2Ks-big-catch/70224c9b-53d2-4edd-a1a2-c335f0e9e795

So talent is obviously still there..he's just gotta shake that rust, and hopefully, the o-line improves.

And by the way, nothing I've said is an excuse..everything I've said is fact. CJ is rusty, the line is terrible at run blocking and Quinn Johnson is pathetic. All 3 have contributed to the absolute suckage of the run game.

If you think it's all on CJ, just look at Ringer..11 carries for 15 yards, and 10 of those yards came on 1 run on a TD vs the Ravens.

If we're seeing nothing special, or the "old" CJ by week 14, then something is either seriously wrong with him or the run blocking is even worse than I thought it was. Most likely the 1st one.

The thing with CJ has always been he starts off slow. I'm not talking regular season, but he's always started off pre-seasons looking terrible, like he had no burst, didn't have the same vision, etc, but when the regular season rolled around, he was back to his dominating self. So maybe it'll be another week or 2, but I have faith that he'll get going here soon. While he did struggle running vs the Broncos, he made an extremely nice catch down the sideline:

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/CJ2Ks-big-catch/70224c9b-53d2-4edd-a1a2-c335f0e9e795

So talent is obviously still there..he's just gotta shake that rust, and hopefully, the o-line improves.

And by the way, nothing I've said is an excuse..everything I've said is fact. CJ is rusty, the line is terrible at run blocking and Quinn Johnson is pathetic. All 3 have contributed to the absolute suckage of the run game.

If you think it's all on CJ, just look at Ringer..11 carries for 15 yards, and 10 of those yards came on 1 run on a TD vs the Ravens.

I don't think it's insane to say that the Titans have issues. You just aren't a very good team. And that's okay. But sooner or later, not necessarily right now...

You have to stop absolving him of all blame, and look at the situation rationally.

I don't think it's insane to say that the Titans have issues. You just aren't a very good team. And that's okay. But sooner or later, not necessarily right now...

You have to stop absolving him of all blame, and look at the situation rationally.

Where have I absolved him from blame? I've said 7,000 times he's rusty. That's his fault. He didn't come in to camp and didn't play in the pre-season.

However I'm not panicking over it because it's obvious he's just trying to get back in to the groove of things, and that takes time. That's what pre-season is usually for, but we know what happened there.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Where have I absolved him from blame? I've said 7,000 times he's rusty. That's his fault. He didn't come in to camp and didn't play in the pre-season.

However I'm not panicking over it because it's obvious he's just trying to get back in to the grove of things, and that takes time. That's what pre-season is usually for, but we know what happened there.

Saying a guy is rusty is doing exactly that... making excuses for him.

I could sit here and tell you that the Packers defense is "rusty"... Blame it on the offseason or lack thereof and continue to be blinded by reality. But instead... I see it for what it is. They are just really... really bad right now.

And let's face it. Chris Johnson is a greedy prick, who overvalued his own talents.. Got over compensated for what he can bring to the table and is now looking very... very bad.

Bad Oline? Sure. Bad FB? Sure. Rust? If that's what you want to call it. But let's all be honest with each other here and call it like we have seen it thus far.

Chris Johnson is awful.

Saying a guy is rusty is doing exactly that... making excuses for him.

I could sit here and tell you that the Packers defense is "rusty"... Blame it on the offseason or lack thereof and continue to be blinded by reality. But instead... I see it for what it is. They are just really... really bad right now.

And let's face it. Chris Johnson is a greedy prick, who overvalued his own talents.. Got over compensated for what he can bring to the table and is now looking very... very bad.

Bad Oline? Sure. Bad FB? Sure. Rust? If that's what you want to call it. But let's all be honest with each other here and call it like we have seen it thus far.

Chris Johnson is awful.

Comparing an entire unit to 1 player doesn't work, especially when the situations aren't even remotely the same..I'm not sure why you're trying to use that comparison.

Look at Peyton Manning when he missed pre-season in 2008. Came out and started off pretty poorly. His first 3 games? 3 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, sub-60% completion percentage, etc, etc. However, everyone in the league knew that wasn't going to last..it was just Peyton Manning shaking the rust off. While me and you both agree Manning is overrated, he's still a HOF-caliber QB, and no one in their right mind was going to believe he'd keep that up all year.

It's what happens when you don't have pre-season to get ready.

Greedy? Sure. What NFL player isn't? What he brings to the table is production in his first 3 years that ranked up there with guys like Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders..you can hate all you want, but numbers don't lie, my friend.

You like to rant on and on about how all he can do is run fast, and you think he only does one thing well, but he'll just start proving you wrong here again pretty soon, just like he did his first 3 years. Take the hater shades off and maybe you'll stop sounding so ridiculous when talking about him.

I'm gonna make a prediction and say CJ gets 100+ next game. :nod:

To add to my Peyton Manning comparison:

Manning didn't forget how to throw the deep ball. He didn't forget the plays. He didn't lose his accuracy. He didn't forget how to read the defense..he was just catching back up to game speed.

Just like CJ hasn't lost his speed, his vision, his elusiveness, or any of that..he's just catching back up to game speed.

Comparing an entire unit to 1 player doesn't work, especially when the situations aren't even remotely the same..I'm not sure why you're trying to use that comparison.

Look at Peyton Manning when he missed pre-season in 2008. Came out and started off pretty poorly. His first 3 games? 3 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, sub-60% completion percentage, etc, etc. However, everyone in the league knew that wasn't going to last..it was just Peyton Manning shaking the rust off. While me and you both agree Manning is overrated, he's still a HOF-caliber QB, and no one in their right mind was going to believe he'd keep that up all year.

It's what happens when you don't have pre-season to get ready.

Greedy? Sure. What NFL player isn't? What he brings to the table is production in his first 3 years that ranked up there with guys like Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders..you can hate all you want, but numbers don't lie, my friend.

You like to rant on and on about how all he can do is run fast, and you think he only does one thing well, but he'll just start proving you wrong here again pretty soon, just like he did his first 3 years. Take the hater shades off and maybe you'll stop sounding so ridiculous when talking about him.

I can list off individuals if you want... But together they make a unit. :shrug:. Tramon Williams, AJ Hawk, Clay Matthews, Erik Walden, Charlie Peprah, Charles Woodson. Terrible. Straight up awful. Rust if you will.. Your words, not mine.

He didn't have a preseason for a reason though. Nobodies fault but his own. And the rest of the league had a shortened time to get ready as well. Lots of players playing poorly. Lots of them playing well. Nature of the league, CJ is just one of them playing very bad right now.

Most players in the NFL are greedy. I wasn't limiting the adjective to one player. I think that's obvious.

What else does he do well? We've talked about this before and you have gotten beaten down by the same argument over and over. He is trash in pass pro and anywhere from sub-par to mediocre in receiving if that even.

He is extremely quick, and has high end top speed. What else is there to say? If he had a lot of power... or elite level vision... or.. whatever else there is, he could make up for the shortcomings of a bad line and some "rust".

And I am not sure which are stronger... My hater shades, or your homer ones.

I'm gonna make a prediction and say CJ gets 100+ next game. :nod:

Very well possible. I don't think any of us expect him to average 30 yards over the next 13 games. lol