Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Possible CBA Details

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6687485

Details of a proposed collective bargaining agreement being pitched to NFL owners Tuesday, according to sources:

• Players get 48 percent of "all revenue," without extra $1-billion-plus off top that previously had been requested by owners.

• Players' share will never dip below 46.5 percent, under new formula being negotiated.

• Teams required to spend minimum 90-93 percent of the salary cap.

• Rookie wage scale part of deal but still being "tweaked."

• 18-game regular season designated only as negotiable item and at no point is mandated in deal.

• New 16-game Thursday night TV package beginning in 2012.

• Owners still will get some expense credits that will allow funding for new stadiums.

• Retirees to benefit from improved health care, pension benefits as revenue projected to double to $18 million by 2016.

I'm kind of digging the Thursday night package. Now we will have football 3 days a week all season. Awesome.

Thursday package is awesome. Best start agree to this shit NFLPA...

Thursday Night Package is cool, but requiring teams to spend up to 90% of the salary cap is a little ridiculous.

Thursday Night Package is cool, but requiring teams to spend up to 90% of the salary cap is a little ridiculous.

That's what I was thinking. I am not sure what, or if there was a minimum before... But 90% is insane.

With that said, this seems very player friendly with some possible perks for owners (18 game schedule). If the players turn this down... May the lord help us all.

I thought its already been reported that the owners have been the ones complaining about this and they aren't sure if they can get enough to pass it.

Ugh, I loathe NFL football on Thursday nights.

How long before De Smith comes out and says this is the "third worst deal in the history of sports."?

How long before De Smith comes out and says this is the "third worst deal in the history of sports."?

Lol.

And I hope they agree to this. I never knew they were talking about Thursday Night Football every week, that's awesome! Hope that gets implemented into the system.

Representatives from the owners and players are expected to return to the negotiating table for another round of talks Wednesday and Thursday near Boston.

Following Tuesday's owners meeting, commissioner Roger Goodell emphasized that the NFL owners are determined to reach an agreement with the players. While there are still "complex issues" to be hammered out, SI.com's Don Banks hears from a league source that the nine votes required to kill a proposed deal "just isn't happening." Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Lol.

And I hope they agree to this. I never knew they were talking about Thursday Night Football every week, that's awesome! Hope that gets implemented into the system.

That's the one part I don't like. I like my college football on Thursdays.

• Upvote 1

Told you Cap'n Bringdown would shit all over the parade:

Source: NFLPA* tells players that a deal isn’t close

Posted by Mike Florio on June 23, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT

And just as all signs and momentum were pointing toward the looming resolution of the lockout via a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, the weekly blast of ice water has arrived.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, NFLPA* executive director DeMaurice Smith told the players, “Don’t believe the hype.†Smith also said that a deal isn’t close.

Now, it’s possible that this is part of an effort to reduce the perception that an agreement soon will be reached. If enough players come to that conclusion, the NFL could choose to take a hard line on one or more of the remaining issues, forcing the NFLPA* to choose between conceding the point or killing a deal that the players think is done.

The fact that the news cuts against everything that has been reported, and everything that we’ve been hearing, makes us think/hope that Smith is simply trying to get the players not to believe that a deal is coming soon, even if it possibly is.

Either way, they need to keep working, every day and around the clock, if they plan to get a deal done in time to salvage all or part of the preseason. And if it’s true that a deal isn’t close, then the it’s even more important for the parties to continue meeting on a daily basis until the deal is done.

SOURCE: PFT

Fucking lawyers. Worst profession on the planet.

Lawyers are trying to persuade players to stand firm

Posted by Mike Florio on June 27, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT

So what did today’s meeting between a handful of players and their legal representatives mean?

We’re told, by a reliable source (as opposed to our usual unreliable sources), that the lawyers are hoping to persuade the players not to roll over in talks with the owners.

“Rolling over,†of course, is in the eye of the beholder. And the beholders in this case are the lawyers, primarily Jeffrey Kessler and Jim Quinn. If they don’t like where things are headed, look for more leaks along the lines of the Osi Umenyiora affidavit that curiously emerged after Kessler and Quinn were kicked out of the negotiating room a second time.

The problem is that, by all appearances, more and more players want to get a deal done. If/when it appears that progress has stopped and the start of the regular season is in jeopardy, a revolt remains possible. In the end, a revolt may be necessary; lawyers work for their clients, and sometimes the lawyers need to be reminded of that fact, in no uncertain terms.

SOURCE: PFT

All this really makes me just want to fucking explode. fucking De Smith and Roger Goodell. These asshats better get their shit together.

Edited by BradyFan81