4. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

5. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers

6. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings

7. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans

9. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles

10. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/27930/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-players

Chris Johnson.... LMAO

Michael Vick? No. Chris Johnson? Hell no. No Darrelle Revis or Nnamdi Asomugha?

Only one O-Lineman got a vote. That's sad. Half those people are incredibly stupid.

lmao at Big Ben and Vick being on the list. ESPN sucks.

Oddly enough I agree with you on that.

I see Brady and Manning are 1-2 as usual.

Edited by BigBen07
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 QB's, 2 HB's and a WR, and one safety. Come on Eileen.

I don't see what's wrong with CJ and Big Ben being in the top 10. CJ is the best back in football, and Big Ben is the most clutch QB in football. Having a different opinion and thinking they deserve to be outside of the top 10, maybe around 12-15 I could understand. But laughing that they're in the top 10? There's something wrong with that.

If I'm building a team, Big Ben would be highly considered by me for the QB I'd take, if I had my choice. Between him, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. CJ is the back I'd take over any other, but I can see an argument for AP so long as he holds on to the ball like he did last year. It's not a joke to have them in the top 10. It's not even close to being one.

This list should actually be named "Top 10 Quarterback's" since QB's are featured prominently here. We just need three more.

And look here, no James Harrison, what a surprise. :sarcasm:

Edited by BigBen07

CJ is the best back in football

No he's not. He's a bi-product of his offensive line. Don't get me wrong, he's downright scary when he gets blocks, but he can't make plays without blocks like at least one other running back I could mention.

I don't see what's wrong with CJ and Big Ben being in the top 10. CJ is the best back in football, and Big Ben is the most clutch QB in football. Having a different opinion and thinking they deserve to be outside of the top 10, maybe around 12-15 I could understand. But laughing that they're in the top 10? There's something wrong with that.

If I'm building a team, Big Ben would be highly considered by me for the QB I'd take, if I had my choice. Between him, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. CJ is the back I'd take over any other, but I can see an argument for AP so long as he holds on to the ball like he did last year. It's not a joke to have them in the top 10. It's not even close to being one.

I'd put Big Ben around the 15-20 range. Definately would put guys like Revis, Nnamdi and Andre Johnson ahead of him. I wasn't complaining about CJ. I think he is a borderline top 10 player.

Side note: Anyone find it interesting that Polamalu got so many votes and Ed Reed didn't get any?

No he's not. He's a bi-product of his offensive line. Don't get me wrong, he's downright scary when he gets blocks, but he can't make plays without blocks like at least one other running back I could mention.

Bi-product of his offensive line? Maybe you could use that argument in 2008, but CERTAINLY not in 09 and last year. The middle of the o-line went to shit in 09, and all of the line last year, outside of David Stewart, went to crap. Including Michael Roos, who went from being arguably the best LT in the league in 08 to, for whatever reason, just above average in 09 and pretty mediocre last season.

CJ had to fight for just about all of his yardage last year. He got no blocks. You don't get 2,000 yards behind an average o-line, and you don't get 1,300+ behind a mediocre, at best, run blocking line, and be a "product" of it.

If people would actually watch the Titans, instead of going off of what ESPN says when it comes to our offensive line, people would realize that this o-line is far from the elite group it's made out to be. It's soooooooooo far from that.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Bi-product of his offensive line? Maybe you could use that argument in 2008, but CERTAINLY not in 09 and last year. The middle of the o-line went to shit in 09, and all of the line last year, outside of David Stewart, went to crap. Including Michael Roos, who went from being arguably the best LT in the league in 08 to, for whatever reason, just above average in 09 and pretty mediocre last season.

CJ had to fight for just about all of his yardage last year. He got no blocks. You don't get 2,000 yards behind an average o-line, and you don't get 1,300+ behind a mediocre, at best, run blocking line, and be a "product" of it.

If people would actually watch the Titans, instead of going off of what ESPN says when it comes to our offensive line, people would realize that this o-line is far from the elite group it's made out to be. It's soooooooooo far from that.

I've seen Johnson run. That guy has got some pretty good awareness going. He turned what would have been losses in to monster gains. The only team he had serious trouble with in 2010 was Pittsburgh because of our run defense.

I really don't have that much of a problem with this list other than Revis should be in there somehow.

And QB is the most important position, so it isn't crazy to say the 6th best QB has more of an impact than the 2nd best linebacker or offensive linemen.

Edited by BradyFan81

CJ is the best back in football.

You can't look me in the eye and say that with a straight face. Guaranteed.

Whatever the case is, there is no way most of the top 10 players in the league are QB's, no matter how much responsibility is placed on their shoulders, they don't catch passes, block, or run the football (that often, with a few exceptions). Only the very best QB's should be in the top 10, and I think two would suffice, three at absolute most.

There needs to be more defenders on this list, DeMarcus Ware, Patrick Willis, Darrelle Revis, Haloti Ngata, and even Nnamdi Asomugha have better claims to the top 10 than most of these QB's, IMO.

You can't look me in the eye and say that with a straight face. Guaranteed.

Sure can.

Speed, awareness, strength, elusiveness, holds on to the ball, what more do you want?

AP could definitely be argued above him so long as he keeps the ball security going, but he's the only one I'd consider.

Sure can.

Speed, awareness, strength, elusiveness, holds on to the ball, what more do you want?

AP could definitely be argued above him so long as he keeps the ball security going, but he's the only one I'd consider.

Jamaal Charles is Chris Johnson to the 10th power. He may not be as fast, but he definitely isn't lacking. He has BETTER agility and vision. And... He is working with an awful OLine. Chris Johnson produces as long as his offensive line are hitting their blocks.

Jamaal Charles is Chris Johnson to the 10th power. He may not be as fast, but he definitely isn't lacking. He has BETTER agility and vision. And... He is working with an awful OLine. Chris Johnson produces as long as his offensive line are hitting their blocks.

Did you even read my post @ Stevo?

Actually watch Titans games before you comment on how Chris Johnson and this o-line plays. Because it's quite apparent you don't.

Jamaal Charles doesn't do the dirty work like CJ does. He's got CJ like speed and agility, but there's nothing showing he can be an every down back, game in and game out. CJ's proved that 2 years in a row now.

t4vkipz once again showing off that massive homerism. :wub:

DeMarcus Ware got fucking jobbed.

Did you even read my post @ Stevo?

Actually watch Titans games before you comment on how Chris Johnson and this o-line plays. Because it's quite apparent you don't.

Jamaal Charles doesn't do the dirty work like CJ does. He's got CJ like speed and agility, but there's nothing showing he can be an every down back, game in and game out. CJ's proved that 2 years in a row now.

Your logic is lacking. You would think about putting AP over CJ... And Jamaal is just as good in those other "every down" scenarios as Adrian is. Yet... You won't consider the best back in the league? Interesting.

And are you sure you watch Titan's games? Because Chris Johnson does very little well. He can run the football, and he is a fast black guy... Wooooo! What's so special? Just because he catches the ball 40 times a year doesn't mean he is actually a viable receiving threat. He got a whopping 5 yards per catch last year... Please excuse me while I go piss myself with excitement.

Oh... and he is one of the worst blocking backs in the entire league.

All of this isn't adding up to being the undisputed best RB, like you are trying to convince us of.

What are you seeing that is do different?

Guest Durant4MVP
6. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings

7. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

8. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans

9. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles

10. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans

How are any of these guys better than DWare, Asomugha, and Revis?

There needs to be more defenders on this list, DeMarcus Ware, Patrick Willis, Darrelle Revis, Haloti Ngata, and even Nnamdi Asomugha have better claims to the top 10 than most of these QB's, IMO.

Agreed. I definately think Revis should be in the top 10 and maybe Ware and Willis too. Having only 1 defender in the top 10 is ridiculous.