Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Another Rangers fan falls over railing and dies

What the hell is up with Rangers fans doing this? The guys son was right there to see it happen too. What an awful story.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Another? If this has happened before then they should fill in that gap.

Another? If this has happened before then they should fill in that gap.

I thought about that, but the scoreboard is right there. Can't just fill it because of maintenance and what not. But I have no idea why they don't have like a ceiling on it. Cover the top of the thing with a padded roof and this is a complete non issue. Even if the guy falls over... He's falling a whopping 2 feet maximum, instead of 20.

I have NO IDEA hwy the Rangers have a drop like that directly in front of a fan section onto nothing but metal (of the scoreboard) and concrete. And that video is one of the most disturbing things I've seen. The guys kid is probably scarred for life and the other gentleman tries grabbing the falling guy and comes up empty handed.

Edited by Shaq

That's terrible.

What a horrible design flaw...

Here's an idea: Stop reaching over railings for a fucking baseball!! If you need a ball that badly then go spend $5 in the pro shop and the same damn ball they use during the game.

Nothing needs to be done at these stadiums. People just need to stop being morons and reaching over railings and falling onto the field for a god damn BALL. You see mobs of grown ass men diving over, around, and on top of children and grandmothers to get a foul ball every single night on TV.

It sucks he died and that his kid had to basically witness it....but it's not like an ounce of common sense wouldn't have prevented this....or the one last year as well.

• Downvote 3

Regardless of whether he is an idiot or not, having a padded roof over that gap would be a logical safety precaution. I mean if there was a fire or something, and people were scrambling down the stands to get out, you could have people accidentally pushed over that thing.

I don't know about down there, but the MLB Authentic balls up here are like, $25 each.

It doesn't matter how dumb or senseless the guy was. That's a safety liability that should be addressed. Especially if its the second time it happens. A venue that large, that serves that many people, has to take precautions for all sorts of people, whether they be dumb, fat, ugly, w.e.

• Upvote 1

The rail is 15 inches above code. And everything else in the ballpark is above code as well.

It was a freak accident, nothing more.

• Upvote 1

I feel so horrible for the kid. He watched his dad die right in front of his eyes and will probably see that replay many times in his lifetime. Thats the worst part.

I don't know about down there, but the MLB Authentic balls up here are like, $25 each.

OK....spend $25 and go home alive with your kid then. Or don't lean over the railing for it and let it go, and chances are pretty good that Josh Hamilton will toss you another one at some point in the game to make up for it.

It doesn't matter how dumb or senseless the guy was. That's a safety liability that should be addressed. Especially if its the second time it happens. A venue that large, that serves that many people, has to take precautions for all sorts of people, whether they be dumb, fat, ugly, w.e.

You can't stupid proof the whole world, bud. Not saying this particular guy was stupid, but you can't build everything in the world that prevents people from being fucking jackass who hurt themselves or people around them.

People still run onto freeways....they still jump off tall buildings....they still text "LOL!" on the phone right before they drive into an oncoming train.

• Downvote 1

Jesus, what a horrible incident. I have to agree that the Rangers should re-modify the stadium so this doesn't happen again. Twice in two years is twice too many.

Also the fans need to employ some common sense too. IMO this is a two-way street.

Sorry for the neg FSU. I hit the wrong one. :(

Edited by BigBen07