Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Ochocinco hints he’s heading to the Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on July 28, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT

Albert Haynesworth may not be the only new arrival in New England this week.

Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco is dropping hints that he’ll be a Patriot. And he’s dropping the hints in a most unusual way.

James Shively (@JC_Shively) of Cincinnati has a Twitter page. Earlier today, he complained about persistent rumors and reports that Ochocinco will be cut.

Wrote Shively: “So much 4 @ochocinco getting cut by the #Bengals… Media dont know squat. Always tryin 2 stir drama up.â€

Shively received a “direct message†from Ochocinco. Said Ochocinco: “Media knows nothing but I’m going to enjoy clam chowder.†(We’ve seen the screen shot of the message.)

For those of you who are still using far lamer social media like Facebook and MySpace, a “direct message†is a device for sending a message to only one follower. Ochocinco would have known about Shively’s comment because users can see at any time a list of all tweets in which their Twitter name (in this case, @ochocinco) is mentioned.

For example, Ochocinco doesn’t follow the PFT Twitter page, but he routinely to reacts to tweets in which we mention him, often with a threat to “whoop [my] ass.â€

We don’t put any more stock in this one than we do in the fact that, on Wednesday, someone with the Eagles listed “Rodgers-Cromartie†among the various players whose jersey could be ordered via the online store.

Then again, Rodgers-Cromartie is now an Eagle.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Signed for 3 years....should be interesting to see how this goes.

The Patriots are pretty much loaded.

One of the younger receivers will be receiving the axe I assume.

Probably Brandon Tate. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Interesting trade. Bengals get raped again. I am sure Chad (and Albert while we are at it) will dominate.

Pats still need a pass rush though.

Apparently the Bengals are doing everything in their power to draft Andrew Luck in next year's draft.

Tom Brady has a habit of resurrecting old receivers. I can imagine seeing Chad run some sick double moves like he did for a bomb against the Chargers two years ago. He'll be their new deep threat.

Anybody else remember that route? By God, Chad looked like he was 25. It was a thing of beauty.

• Upvote 1

I smell a fantasy sleeper

i'd be happy if his name wasn't so ridiculous etc.

Maybe this will be good for both the players and the Patriots.

Ochocinco and Haynesworth acted like shit (and played like it, in Albert's case) because they had shit for a team. Now that they have a good ownership, coach, and good teammates around them who make up a perennial Super Bowl contender, they might clean up their act and play like they should.

Edit- Hope it doesn't. Hope it blows up in their face. Tired of seeing the Patriots so good all the time.

Edited by gobadgers77

Another awesome trade by the Pats.

I think the Bengals might be in a toe to toe battle for Andrew Luck.