Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Preseason Power Rankings

Guest Durant4MVP

The Rams and Chiefs higher than Dallas?? LOLWUT

I like the rest of the list though.

I don't know about the Rams, but the Chiefs should be ranked ahead of Dallas for sure IMO.

• Upvote 1

Guest Durant4MVP

I don't know about the Rams, but the Chiefs should be ranked ahead of Dallas for sure IMO.

Easy schedule, no pass game. That team was highly overrated last year.

Cowboys were pretty overrated going into last year too. The whole "they're going to the Super Bowl" thing going into a 6-10 season.

Really like these rankings for the most part. I like the Jets at 7.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Interesting, and looks to be fairly accurate. Seahawks at 19th? ...Well yep. Sounds about right with an unproven T-Jack at the helm. Though we got some love for our other aqcuisitions.

They didn't have many weapons other than Bowe last year. They added Steve Breaston and Jonathan Baldwin this offseason plus Tony Moeaki will be more experienced. It isn't absurd to think that the Chiefs are better than the Cowboys, who are highly overrated on an annual basis.

I agree about the Rams, but I think you could make a case for the Chiefs being over Dallas.

It isn't absurd to think that the Chiefs are better than the Cowboys, who are highly overrated on an annual basis.

I agree that they always seem to be overrated, but I wouldn't say they are overrated this year (at least in these rankings). I think they should be in the middle right around where they are. I know last year they were 6-10, but that was with Phillips running the team and without Romo. Once Garrett took over, the Cowboys started playing much better football. Add that and a healthy Romo, and the Cowboys should be competing for a playoff spot this year.

Guest Durant4MVP

They didn't have many weapons other than Bowe last year. They added Steve Breaston and Jonathan Baldwin this offseason plus Tony Moeaki will be more experienced. It isn't absurd to think that the Chiefs are better than the Cowboys, who are highly overrated on an annual basis.

Matt Cassel is still the QB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/29396/power-rankings-nfc-east-breakdown

Dallas Cowboys, No. 16. This one feels low to me, but by now you know where I stand on the Cowboys. I think everybody's sick of picking them to do big things only to be disappointed. And who could blame anyone for feeling that way? But the Cowboys had a lethal offense in 2010, even after Tony Romo got injured. Their failings were on defense, where too many previously good players, such as Anthony Spencer, Mike Jenkins and Jay Ratliff, failed to play up to prior seasons' levels. Changes on the coaching staff could be enough to fix that, and if they are, the offense can score more than enough points to lead Dallas back into contention. I'd surely have ranked them ahead of the Chiefs and Rams, and I could have been talked into ranking them ahead of the Bucs, Bears or Giants.

See, I'm not being a homer.

Edited by Durant4MVP

the Chiefs at 14...

after seeing the playoff game vs the ravens and his pro bowl int fest,

this has to be a "Show Me" year for Matt Cassel. (tbh, i dont think he has what it takes to be a Starter in the NFL, maybe he will prove me wrong tho).

• Upvote 1

Not gonna argue where the Bucs are ranked. Kind of surprised they are that high TBH, but I'll take it. :yep:

I don't get why people have so much confidence in Dallas this year. The Chiefs made the playoffs last year and far exceeded their expectations. The Cowboys not so much.

A few teams ahead of the Bears that I think the Bears could beat, but not bad overall.

Edited by WindyCitySports

And the Cowboys were absolutely dreadful last year, what's your point? Not to mention the Chiefs actually got better as a team this off-season. I would be hard pressed to say the same for the Cowboys. As long as they play Jamaal Charles a bit more I can most definitely see the Chiefs having a better year than Dallas.

The list overall looks pretty good to me. Rams should be a few spots lower but other than that I like it.

I'm not too high on STL, KC, CHI, and NYG being above Dallas, but power rankings are proven wrong on a weekly basis. We have a better QB than all four of those teams, and I really think our defense will improve to being better than at least 3 if not all four of those teams.. At least, for once, we have to show that we're one of the best teams in football.

And we will.

Edited by BwareDWare94

And the Cowboys were absolutely dreadful last year, what's your point? Not to mention the Chiefs actually got better as a team this off-season. I would be hard pressed to say the same for the Cowboys. As long as they play Jamaal Charles a bit more I can most definitely see the Chiefs having a better year than Dallas.

The list overall looks pretty good to me. Rams should be a few spots lower but other than that I like it.

Last year was the result of Todd Haley not calling plays. Then the playoff game happened. The Chiefs are going to be a one hit wonder for now, but they'll be back. Just not this year.

I agree the Chiefs probably have a good chance at having a down year but sometimes people (in this case Durant) seem to think their team is so much better than teams that actually did better than them last year. The Cowboys may have better skill positions than either of those teams, but they didn't play as a team last year so it doesn't matter. With a new HC starting the whole year plus all the other issues the Cowboys have it's rather ignorant to suggest they are better than a team that went to the playoffs last year, regardless as to Romo being injured (the offense wasn't nearly as much of an issue as the defense was).

With the exception of Dware no one on that defense even acted or played like they wanted to win a game. They'll have to prove themselves after the extremely poor showings last year, in large part from the defensive secondary, before I or many other people would put them ahead of the Chiefs.

I agree the Chiefs probably have a good chance at having a down year but sometimes people (in this case Durant) seem to think their team is so much better than teams that actually did better than them last year. The Cowboys may have better skill positions than either of those teams, but they didn't play as a team last year so it doesn't matter. With a new HC starting the whole year plus all the other issues the Cowboys have it's rather ignorant to suggest they are better than a team that went to the playoffs last year, regardless as to Romo being injured (the offense wasn't nearly as much of an issue as the defense was).

With the exception of Dware no one on that defense even acted or played like they wanted to win a game. They'll have to prove themselves after the extremely poor showings last year, in large part from the defensive secondary, before I or many other people would put them ahead of the Chiefs.

I gotta defend Jay Ratliff. I have no idea why somebody suggested he didn't perform.

Ware, Ratliff and James always come to play. The rest of our defense...well, not so much. We had four redeemable defensive plays last year.

1. Ware

2. Ratliff

3. James

4. Sensabaugh

KC has made improvements in all aspects this offseason, with the exception of offensive playcalling, and passer.

I don't look forward to Haley calling plays, and I don't think Cassel is able to audible into one better, even if he could recognize the play being broken down at the line of scrimmage.

:rofl: at Cowboy fans. The Cowboys have no reason to be ranked ahead until they actually win. The Cowboys did not improve that secondary, how is there D going to be better than Chicago? KC and Giants may even have better Ds. The Chiefs have one of the best rushing attacks, but they need to run Charles more, along with Bowe and possibly Baldwin, Breaston, and Moeaki to make a good receiving corps. Chiefs may have had a really easy season last year but they still won the division and made the playoffs, they deserve to be ahead of the Cowboys. Although I'm not too sure of the Rams being ahead of them. Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Dolphins - 24

If the Dolphins can't get Brett Favre to challenge Chad Henne, maybe they can ask Dan Marino. (Clayton)

LOL

Edited by KeVo

Guest Durant4MVP

:rofl: at Cowboy fans. The Cowboys have no reason to be ranked ahead until they actually win. The Cowboys did not improve that secondary, how is there D going to be better than Chicago? KC and Giants may even have better Ds. The Chiefs have one of the best rushing attacks, but they need to run Charles more, along with Bowe and possibly Baldwin, Breaston, and Moeaki to make a good receiving corps. Chiefs may have had a really easy season last year but they still won the division and made the playoffs, they deserve to be ahead of the Cowboys. Although I'm not too sure of the Rams being ahead of them.

Kill yourself.

• Downvote 1