Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Eli Manning says he's in same class as Tom Brady

And i dont think anyone would disagree with him.

Just cuz you want to suck Brady's dick doesnt give you a pass when you spew utter nonsense

PS...I would hope an overpaid, lazy ass, donut eating, traffic ticket giving, "police officer" wouldnt compare himself to a navy seal

I doubt he is even that.

And i dont think anyone would disagree with him.

Just cuz you want to suck Brady's dick doesnt give you a pass when you spew utter nonsense

PS...I would hope an overpaid, lazy ass, donut eating, traffic ticket giving, "police officer" wouldnt compare himself to a navy seal

You had me until you said a police officer was overpaid.

• Upvote 2

Is Eli even Top 10???

(No Order)

Roeth, Brees, P. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Schaub, Romo, Flacco, Ryan, Freeman

Not sure that I take Eli over any of those guys. Might be forgetting a couple even...

Clearly, Eli Manning is no where near the level Tom Brady is at. Not even close. The "utter nonsense" is that you somehow think its feasible for a Superbowl winning NFL QB to not respond the way he did. And that you DONT think this is a trap question.........Welcome to NY

He was asked point blank "Where do you consider yourself among the elite QBs like Tom Brady?". What would an appropriate answer be? You actually think its reasonable for this guy to say, "Na Tom and my brother are on another level"? Your crazy if you think thats a reasonable answer.

Your comparison of "police officers" to Navy Seals is irrelevant. They dont do the same exact job on a day to day basis as two NFL QBs do. NFL QBs try to win suberbowls year in and year out. While your settling domestic violence cases, NAVY Seals are out saving our country killing terrorists. Apples and Oranges.

Have you read the thread? Even Eagles fans, disagree with you.

:beerchug2: :beerchug2: :beerchug2: :beerchug2:

Is Eli even Top 10???

(No Order)

Schaub, Romo, Flacco, Ryan, Freeman

Not sure that I take Eli over any of those guys. Might be forgetting a couple even...

Top 6 are taken away. Would take Vick over him too. But possibly Eli over Freeman, maybe Schaub considering his injury history and incredible weapons with still a lack of any real success in the win column.

Debatable with those two, cause you'd like to see Freeman another year before judging (to make sure its not a David Garrrard issue) and I already mentioned why I'm leery about Schaub. Then also have to consider how good the Giants oline was in Eli's best years and he was still a bit careless. I would probably put him in the top 12 since I have tiers of 6, though a decent argument could be made to leave him out of there as well.

You had me until you said a police officer was overpaid.

Police officers in area (Suffolk County New York) Make upwards of 150 Grand a year with "overtime". After 5 years of service they make $106,271 base salary on a 30 hour work week.

They have one of the lowest arrest rates in the nation. And I havent seen one who was in any kind of shape that an officer of the law SHOULD be in since....well I cant remember. I dont venture out of NY much, and I have a totally different view of the officers in New York City. They make 50% of what these ass clowns in my county do.

They sit around and hide in parking lots doing god only knows what.........if 30 hours a week for 150K is not overpaid I dont know what is. There not like the city guys or Brooklyn/Bronx/Queens police who deal with real crime. There in uppidy snobby Suffolk County New York

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Police officers in area (Suffolk County New York) Make upwards of 150 Grand a year with "overtime". After 5 years of service they make $106,271 base salary on a 30 hour work week.

They have one of the lowest arrest rates in the nation. And I havent seen one who was in any kind of shape that an officer of the law SHOULD be in since....well I cant remember. I dont venture out of NY much, and I have a totally different view of the officers in New York City. They make 50% of what these ass clowns in my county do.

They sit around and hide in parking lots doing god only knows what.........if 30 hours a week for 150K is not overpaid I dont know what is. There not like the city guys or Brooklyn/Bronx/Queens police who deal with real crime. There in uppidy snobby Suffolk County New York

For most of the country this is not even close to the case. A police officer is lucky to make 40k here. Usually this comes with a lot of work in certifications and diplomas. I've heard of Suffolk county police, due to the wages they pay, but it should be noted I believe they are the highest paid police force in the country and are not really representative of the rest of the country, including Boston or Minnesota or wherever FSU is from. The average patrol officer in the country makes just under 50,000, including those with seniority (not a starting pay). I'm sure Suffolk county has a relatively high cost of living which they take into account when figuring these salaries, but I agree it seems quite high.

edit: oh yea back to the story. I agree the Eli was somewhat goaded into the response, he may have been able to answer it better but its not like he was sitting there preparing an aswer for if someone asked him to compare himselg to Tom Brady, so its kinda meh.

Edited by GA_Eagle

Guest Phailadelphia

You do know as a fan of a rival team you don't defend their players yes??

Meh. Don't mistake my defense for Eli as me liking him or anyone on the NYG roster. I'm just calling a spade a spade. It was more a jab at the radio host who's asking trap questions like that.

I don't need to make fun of Eli. He does that himself with his derpface.

Have you read the thread? Even Eagles fans, disagree with you.

You quoted me as an Eagles fan. I am so insulted.

Is Eli even Top 10???

(No Order)

Roeth, Brees, P. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Schaub, Romo, Flacco, Ryan, Freeman

You'd take Flacco over Eli? wut

Edited by Phailadelphia

Meh. Don't mistake my defense for Eli as me liking him or anyone on the NYG roster. I'm just calling a spade a spade. It was more a jab at the radio host who's asking trap questions like that.

I don't need to make fun of Eli. He does that himself with his derpface.

You quoted me as an Eagles fan. I am so insulted.

You'd take Flacco over Eli? wut

Flacco has been a lot more stable at the QB position and has gotten better every single year he has been in the league. Do I like him? Not really... But I expect a lot more out of Eli than what he has shown thus far. Especially with one of the best WR corps in the league.

And even if you take Flacco out, which is fine if you want... Eli still doesn't crack the Top 10.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Clearly, Eli Manning is no where near the level Tom Brady is at. Not even close. The "utter nonsense" is that you somehow think its feasible for a Superbowl winning NFL QB to not respond the way he did. And that you DONT think this is a trap question.........Welcome to NY

He was asked point blank "Where do you consider yourself among the elite QBs like Tom Brady?". What would an appropriate answer be? You actually think its reasonable for this guy to say, "Na Tom and my brother are on another level"? Your crazy if you think thats a reasonable answer.

How is that "unreasonable" when I hear guys like Brady, Peyton, Fitzgerald give answers like that every single time they give an interview?! These guys know they're the best at what they do but they never toot their own horn. They deflect the question and praise their contemporaries. This notion that poor Eli was trapped by the great orator, Michael Kay, and he only had one way to answer it, is a fucking joke. Especially when Eli has always been this sheepish, aw-shucks kind of guy.

To say that he's just as good as Brady is and to also say he's not a 25-INT guy, THERE, my friend, is your utter nonsense on full display. You are what you are, Eli. And you are a interception machine and you are NOT among the 10 best QBs in the league. All the pissing and whining and cop rants on the Interwebs isn't gonna change that.

I doubt he is even that.

Good for you.

What the fuck does any of that have to do with me? So you go off on some anti-police rant and take a bunch of weak-ass cheap shots at me based on a couple of cops in your town? I'm sure the cops in Beverly Hills are the same way. And the cops in and around Star Island in Miami. That's what people who live in those communities WANT their cops to be.

You just set the bar on spewing nonsense by trying to generalize someone you've never met and thousands of other cops based on the what you see and hear in a small corner of the country? There are thousands of doctors in this country who are far more "evil" and "corrupt" then you think cops are. Do you make these idiotic claims against their entire profession? Call a plumber today. You're as likely to get one who's going to over-charge you and bill you for something you don't need as you will find one who's honest.

It's so easy to hate cops and throw broad sweeping generalizations on us when you're surrounded by far, far worse people in any other profession. And it's always the people who hate us that scream for us the loudest when the shit hits the fan in their life. Ironic humor, I guess.

• Downvote 1

How is that "unreasonable" when I hear guys like Brady, Peyton, Fitzgerald give answers like that every single time they give an interview?! These guys know they're the best at what they do but they never toot their own horn. They deflect the question and praise their contemporaries. This notion that poor Eli was trapped by the great orator, Michael Kay, and he only had one way to answer it, is a fucking joke. Especially when Eli has always been this sheepish, aw-shucks kind of guy.

To say that he's just as good as Brady is and to also say he's not a 25-INT guy, THERE, my friend, is your utter nonsense on full display. You are what you are, Eli. And you are a interception machine and you are NOT among the 10 best QBs in the league. All the pissing and whining and cop rants on the Interwebs isn't gonna change that.

Good for you.

What the fuck does any of that have to do with me? So you go off on some anti-police rant and take a bunch of weak-ass cheap shots at me based on a couple of cops in your town? I'm sure the cops in Beverly Hills are the same way. And the cops in and around Star Island in Miami. That's what people who live in those communities WANT their cops to be.

You just set the bar on spewing nonsense by trying to generalize someone you've never met and thousands of other cops based on the what you see and hear in a small corner of the country? There are thousands of doctors in this country who are far more "evil" and "corrupt" then you think cops are. Do you make these idiotic claims against their entire profession? Call a plumber today. You're as likely to get one who's going to over-charge you and bill you for something you don't need as you will find one who's honest.

It's so easy to hate cops and throw broad sweeping generalizations on us when you're surrounded by far, far worse people in any other profession. And it's always the people who hate us that scream for us the loudest when the shit hits the fan in their life. Ironic humor, I guess.

First off it wasn't directed at you it was in response to GAeagle

Second off Peyton or Brady were probably never asked if they considered themselves elite

Third off even if they were it's a totally different situation than what Eli is in because they ARE in fact elite

Fourth, clearly not one person in this thread agrees with your point

Fifth and finally, you are an idiot.....thank you and have a nice day. Take your whiny pointless posts and go somewhere else

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

I'm out of the loop....do I want to know what Rex is saying?

He claims the Redskins will win the division but...

after some time to think, I understand why the QBs are talking so much noise lately. They're the voice of the team whether they like it or not.. and when asked about opinions and comments, they not only sound off for themselves but also the team. With Eli saying he is on the same level as Brady, he's really only saying he's confident in himself.. not that they are actually are. I'm sure he knows Brady has more rings, MVPs, and records. There's no way he could say no to that without losing so let's quit acting like he's as self-centered when he came into the league.

With that said, Washington still won't win the NCFE and Eli is nowhere near Brady. :p

LOL...gotta love how utterly fucking butthurt Giants fans are when they can't even formulate a rebuttal other then to neg me and call me names. :rofl:

First off it wasn't directed at you it was in response to GAeagle

Second off Peyton or Brady were probably never asked if they considered themselves elite

Third off even if they were it's a totally different situation than what Eli is in because they ARE in fact elite

Fourth, clearly not one person in this thread agrees with your point

Fifth and finally, you are an idiot.....thank you and have a nice day. Take your whiny pointless posts and go somewhere else

First off.....OK. So?

Second off.....they have been asked that. Many times. Pull some more out of your ass.

Third off....which is exactly what I said from the beginning. So why do you go fucking apeshit about it?

Fourth....like I give a shit. And you're wrong. I count at least five posts on the first page alone that say exactly what I did.

Fifth and finally.....I'm an idiot? OK. If you say so it must be true. Take your whiny fucking bitchfest and go somewhere else. Have a shitty day.

• Downvote 1

LOL...gotta love how utterly fucking butthurt Giants fans are when they can't even formulate a rebuttal other then to neg me and call me names. :rofl:

First off.....OK. So?

Second off.....they have been asked that. Many times. Pull some more out of your ass.

Third off....which is exactly what I said from the beginning. So why do you go fucking apeshit about it?

Fourth....like I give a shit. And you're wrong. I count at least five posts on the first page alone that say exactly what I did.

Fifth and finally.....I'm an idiot? OK. If you say so it must be true. Take your whiny fucking bitchfest and go somewhere else. Have a shitty day.

Kinda reminds you of yourself eh ?

• Upvote 1

Kinda reminds you of yourself eh ?

Or you. Or pretty much every single other person here. :shrug:

Don't act like your shit don't stink like everyone else's. The difference is I'll call you an asshole in the context of the debate, not like some little pussy who "negs" somebody just to feel good about themselves. That's like the little 100lb bag of shit who jumps on the pile after 10 of his friends have beaten up one guy.

Edited by FSUViking
  • Downvote 1

Or you. Or pretty much every single other person here. :shrug:

Don't act like your shit don't stink like everyone else's.

out of all the members here your pretty much the only one who acts like some 16 year old stuck up bitch when someone has a different opinion than yours.

Edited by monstersofthemidway
  • Upvote 1

First off.....OK. So?

5 posts huh? show me one....cuz we must be reading different threads

Here's my 2 cents: Yeah, it was a trap question, but I don't have a problem with the way he answered it, the same way I didn't have a problem when DeSean said he was the best WR and PR in the league. This is an entertainment industry, and Eli certainly entertained me with his answer.

In my opinion, the politically correct answer is "Tom Brady is a consistently great QB, along with my brother, and I haven't reached their level yet, but I'm ready to prove I belong in the discussion with them." I don't think that would be too hard to come up with on the spot. But maybe he honestly does believe he's one of the best after his SB win (over Tom Brady), and without actually looking up the stats, I think his yardage numbers would show he now has a lot more confidence than he had prior to the SB win.

out of all the members here your pretty much the only one who acts like some 16 year old stuck up bitch when someone has a different opinion than yours.

That's pretty much the biggest crock of fucking shit ever printed on this site. It's time for you to hop off my nuts, son.

Oh, stop with this "trap question...what was he supposed to say" weak ass defense. I've spoken to the media before and I've never compared my police skills to those of the Navy SEALs. We both use guns and fight bad guys, but that's where the comparisons end. Manning and Brady both play QB in the NFL but the comparisons end there as well. Brady is one of the best to ever play. Eli is the third best in his own family. Even Giants fans can name at least 10 QBs they'd rather have then Eli.

The smart answer, and sensible one, would be to say Brady and Peyton are in a totally other class then the rest of the guys in this league and I have a lot of work to do to get to their level. Hell, he could even say "I think I'm pretty damn good but not on the level of a Brady."

I love how people demand more candor from athletes but when they get it they blame the media for the player saying something stupid.

Lawlz cause protecting those malls are news worthy

2a6no6o.jpg

The only manner in which their the same class is the position listed next to their name.