Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Suh fined $20,000 for hit on Dalton

Doesn't deserve a fine? He slammed him to the ground helmet-less like a rag doll after he threw the ball. If that isn't fine worthy I don't know what is.

Please, Suh never saw him throw the ball away and Dalton was fighting to stay up the entire time so he put him on the ground, simple as that.

• Upvote 1

Suh competely deserved that fine, throwing someone to the ground after he has thrown the ball and a the whistle is blown is just stupid.

The ref blowing the whistle is questionable. There are players from BOTH teams that said they weren't sure when/if a whistle was blown while Suh was in the process of bringing him down. Actually, I have heard from numerous people that there is a question as to when the whistle was first blown. And it was barely even a "throw to the ground". The penalty itself was in question, but the hit was a bit late... the 15 yard penalty should have made amends. The NFL is unfairly hitting Suh with an excessive fine.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 2

Please, Suh never saw him throw the ball away and Dalton was fighting to stay up the entire time so he put him on the ground, simple as that.

Thank you!

Suh never saw him throw the ball, he was in the process of hitting him as the ball was coming out of his hand. And people act like Suh just grabbed him, ripped off his helmet and tossed him to the ground like a rag dole, when it wasn't the case. His helmet popped off, Suh never touched his head, he hit him in the shoulders. He was trying to take him to the ground and Dalton was fighting to stay up, what do you expect to happen?

• Upvote 2

I think he deserves it. Was a very late hit and completely unnecessary. I've seen Suh do this a few times already in his short NFL career. I don't like it at all. He is going to get someone seriously hurt.

Totally worth it. :rock:

Suh is one of the dirtiest mother fuckers in the league. He's the most over rated and over hyped DT I can remember in my lifetime, which is why everyone in the media likes to make excuses for his dirty ass play. Suh makes James Harrison look like an angel.

Reaction to a Harrison hit and fine:

"WOW. James Harrison is such a douche bag, what a dirty hit"

Reaction to a Suh hit and fine:

"What? Why was that fined? Suh is just playing really hard"

LMAO! if this doesn't make you sound like a complete hater, then idk what does.

Suh makes James Harrison look like a complete angel? Really?? The same Harrison who completely BODY SLAMMED Young? Ok.

first of all, Suh has been fined THREE times for hits, the ONLY ONE hit he's been fined on that every fan, and analyst considers "Dirty" was the Delhome hit. EVERY hard hitting defensive player has at least one play that warrants something like that. It was the first time he got his hands on a quarterback as a professional.

The Jay Cutler fine was absolutely NOT dirty. There is NO explanation that you can give, NOT ONE for that hit that would make you sound sane for Suh getting a flag or a fine for that hit. The NFL COMPLETELY screwed Suh over in both that game and the fine. Watch it yourself. It was 100% LEGAL.

The Dalton hit that everyone is getting there pussies wet all over was NOWHERE near ANYTHING as bad as some of the hits Harrison has been flagged and fined for. Outside of forcing Dalton down to the ground after the whistle might or might not of been blown, NOTHING else about that hit was dirty. He wrapped him high in his shoulder. He didn't twist his head, he didn't yank his head, he simply pulled him down by the shoulder pads and the helmet came off. There isn't a SINGLE rule in the NFL saying you can't THROW a player into the ground, THROWING a player into the ground is completely different then DRIVING a player into the ground or BODY SLAMMING a player into the ground. He pulled him down by the shoulder pads. It's FOOTBALL. It deserved the penalty flag, but it did not deserve a fine, and it definitely does not make him a dirty player.

He's made one play that was over the top and everyone is acting like Suh is already one of the dirtiest players in the league. It's not even CLOSE. He's probably not even top 10.

• Upvote 1

THERE IS NOTHING... You can say that actually justifies this fat sack of shits actions.

He is grabbing the guy by the neck, after the ball is thrown.... holding onto him (why?), and then slamming him into the ground.

Football is already an extremely dangerous sport, we don't need players grabbing other guys buy the necks and slamming them.

If either Suh or Dalton twist, or try spinning even a fraction of a degree... There is serious risk of injury, paralysis, and even death.

And not like it makes it any more or less severe... but it's also THE GOD DAMN PRESEASON.

Why can't Suh just TACKLE people like everyone else in the league?

Because he's a dirty sack of shit, that's why. He shouldn't be crying about $20 K, instead, he should be performing fellatio on Goodell for not dropping a bigger fine on his fat ass.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Suh is a great player, but he's also dangerously close to being a very dirty player too. He KNOWS what the rules are and to ignore them and then whine when he gets fined, is ignorant at best...dirty at worst.

I love watching the guy play but he deserves a lot of these fines he gets.

• Upvote 1

Pretty little picture that conveniently fits your argument, but post the video. Where he rips Daltons helmet off and does a Brock Lesner suplex to him, damn near head first, into the ground. If he follows through on the hit you showed, there's no problem. It's what he did AFTER the hit, that is drawing the fine.

Thank you.... If Suh just hits Dalton and takes him to the ground... Nobody is talking about this.

"Honestly," Suh said, "I really feel that I put the refs in a tough situation because of my strength. A lot of us players growing up and coming in, we're getting faster, stronger, and some guys just have incredible strength on that football field."

Oh my God... :rofl:

Guest Phailadelphia

Body slamming the QB (which Suh did) gets you fined. This really isn't even debatable...

I just like to kill QB's guys... what's the problem?

Bill Romanowski was dirty. This is not the same, Suh isn't on the bottom of piles trying to break bones and biting people, if he was playing dirty he wouldn't do it in the open. If he slammed Adrian Peterson like this while he was fumbling, no flag, and no one would be crying that Suh is dirty. Your all getting bent out of shape because Dalton is a QB and did what every QB is trained to do, throw a tantrum after they get hit, and now you know what the Bengals worked on for the start of training camp. While the Lions worked on becoming bad ass.

• Upvote 2

It doesn't fucking matter what we think....the rules are the god damn rules and if Suh breaks them, he's going to get fined. It's not like this rule was made 5 minutes before the game and nobody told him about it. Period.

If someone did this to Stafford, the Lions and their fans would be shitting fire over it too, so spare this macho bullshit.

And if you understood the f'ing rules of the game, you'd stop trying to compare a RB to a QB and how, when, or why they get hit.

• Upvote 1

The argument is whether or not he broke the rule to begin with, how it was enforced and how the league reacted. Not if it fucking exists and whether I like it or not. In my opinion he didn't break the rules and saying he is dirty is beyond ridiculous.

Considering some of the hits people(like James Harrison) have been fined for, Suh got off easy with 20k.... obvious flag, obvious fine, IMO....

The argument is whether or not he broke the rule to begin with, how it was enforced and how the league reacted. Not if it fucking exists and whether I like it or not. In my opinion he didn't break the rules and saying he is dirty is beyond ridiculous.

exactly, he got him by the pads and he pulled him to the ground. It was not a body slam, if you guys think what Suh did was a body slam and deserving of 20k fine, then Harrison's body slam should of been deserving of way more then a 5k fine.

It's called playing through the whistle. Something that all defensive players are taught to do. He got him by the pads and he pulled him to the ground not being aware that the ball had already been released, and plus the refs hadn't blown the whistle until Suh was in the process of bring him down. It was a bang-bang play, the penalty I accept, but the NFL fining him 20K for it was a terrible move.

Considering some of the hits people(like James Harrison) have been fined for, Suh got off easy with 20k.... obvious flag, obvious fine, IMO....

Really he got off eay by getting a 20k fine?

Then Rolando McClain and Harrison must of gotten off SUPER easy for only getting 5k fines respecitvely for this:

and this:

• Upvote 1