Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Who is your cable provider?

I have DirecTV, because the other option was that pile of shit named "Charter" that tries to pass itself off as a cable provider.

Verizon FIOS is almost ready to go in my area, and it's the best news I've heard in a long time. I think FIOS is the best, because it offers DirecTV programming without the dish, and the program times are more suited for the region. For instance, as I scan through my DirecTV guide right now, it mostly shows infomercials, because outside of the local stations, everything else is on Eastern Standard Time, and it's 4:30 AM in that part of the country. It's only 1:30 here.

Also made the mistake of getting that multi-room DVR, instead of individual boxes. Without individual DVRs, the other TVs can't pause or rewind. There's also a problem if three programs are being recorded at the same time.

Who is your cable provider, and are you happy with them?

Comcast aka Xfinity. Used to hate it but once they upgraded to Xfinity, its gotten ten times better. The HD selection still sucks but their On Demand library is very nice.

Shaw Cable. I believe it's Canada Exclusive. Easily better than Bell or Rogers.

Time Warner/Charter(same thing).

I'm actually happy with Charter now that they have NFL Network and NFL Redzone..and I get NFL Network free because of the package I had with charter prior to them getting it. And I think I get NFL Redzone for like an extra 10 bucks, but I doubt I will.

I have Cablevision. I get about 90 HD channels, so I'm pretty content with it. Still don't fucking have NFL Network, though. :nonono:

Time Warner/Charter(same thing).

I'm actually happy with Charter now that they have NFL Network and NFL Redzone..and I get NFL Network free because of the package I had with charter prior to them getting it. And I think I get NFL Redzone for like an extra 10 bucks, but I doubt I will.

What I hate about Charter is that it's down half the time, and I get the same excuse they gave me years ago, that they're working to make things better and the channels are down during maintenance. What improvements? It still has the fewest amount of HD channels, and my internet still goes down at least once a day.

So when I moved into an area without FIOS, I chose Direct, because I'd rather deal with the dish than spend most of my time on the phone with customer service for Charter.

What I hate about Charter is that it's down half the time, and I get the same excuse they gave me years ago, that they're working to make things better and the channels are down during maintenance. What improvements? It still has the fewest amount of HD channels, and my internet still goes down at least once a day.

So when I moved into an area without FIOS, I chose Direct, because I'd rather deal with the dish than spend most of my time on the phone with customer service for Charter.

Exact opposite here. In the nearly 4 years I've used it, it has maybe went down 3 times, and that was all during very bad storms, and they got it back up quickly. The internet is extremely fast, too. I've been very happy with their service. I'm not much of a TV viewer outside of football, though, so I don't use it a whole lot, but never have had troubles when using it.

I move into my new apartment in two weeks so this thread is exactly what I need. I'm stuck between two giants; AT&T U-Verse and Verizon FiOS.

FiOS is telling me that it isn't available in my area but I'm still going to call and ask. The worst that can happen is they tell me they aren't but with the call being recorded, maybe they'll consider it. Verizon has been making a huge splash in Arkansas so the chances are pretty high.

U-Verse is probably what I'll end up with but I'm going to use FiOS and DirecTV as bait to have them give me a better deal than what they're offering. They know where they have the markets cornered but with DirecTV offering free NFL ticket, I want some free sports packages. And with FiOS giving me $5 off a month for ordering online, they better do the same. I also know that Dish offers free HD. While U-Verse wants me to pay $10/month, I'd be happier with something cheaper. Maybe after I nickel and dime them enough, I'll be paying something reasonable. Their internet packages are equal to the other providers' so I doubt I get any deduction there but oh well.

Any other helpful tips someone can lend when selecting and negotiating with a provider?

I move into my new apartment in two weeks so this thread is exactly what I need. I'm stuck between two giants; AT&T U-Verse and Verizon FiOS.

FiOS is telling me that it isn't available in my area but I'm still going to call and ask. The worst that can happen is they tell me they aren't but with the call being recorded, maybe they'll consider it. Verizon has been making a huge splash in Arkansas so the chances are pretty high.

U-Verse is probably what I'll end up with but I'm going to use FiOS and DirecTV as bait to have them give me a better deal than what they're offering. They know where they have the markets cornered but with DirecTV offering free NFL ticket, I want some free sports packages. And with FiOS giving me $5 off a month for ordering online, they better do the same. I also know that Dish offers free HD. While U-Verse wants me to pay $10/month, I'd be happier with something cheaper. Maybe after I nickel and dime them enough, I'll be paying something reasonable. Their internet packages are equal to the other providers' so I doubt I get any deduction there but oh well.

Any other helpful tips someone can lend when selecting and negotiating with a provider?

I actually sell Uvserse. It's a great product. I honestly believe their TV service is the best out there. As far as pricing goes, they are pretty expensive. If you give me your zip code, I can work out the pricing at work and let you know exactly how low you can get your ideal service for. Plus, let you know about any cash back or closing coupons that I know they have.

• Upvote 1

I actually sell Uvserse. It's a great product. I honestly believe their TV service is the best out there. As far as pricing goes, they are pretty expensive. If you give me your zip code, I can work out the pricing at work and let you know exactly how low you can get your ideal service for. Plus, let you know about any cash back or closing coupons that I know they have.

Ahh busted! :p

72113. It's Maumelle, Arkansas. I suppose we can take the rest of this to PMs. +1

Edited by rzb

I have DirecTV, because the other option was that pile of shit named "Charter" that tries to pass itself off as a cable provider.

Verizon FIOS is almost ready to go in my area, and it's the best news I've heard in a long time. I think FIOS is the best, because it offers DirecTV programming without the dish, and the program times are more suited for the region. For instance, as I scan through my DirecTV guide right now, it mostly shows infomercials, because outside of the local stations, everything else is on Eastern Standard Time, and it's 4:30 AM in that part of the country. It's only 1:30 here.

Also made the mistake of getting that multi-room DVR, instead of individual boxes. Without individual DVRs, the other TVs can't pause or rewind. There's also a problem if three programs are being recorded at the same time.

Who is your cable provider, and are you happy with them?

DirecTV as well. Pretty happy with it except for the problems that any dish service would have, which is losing service during storms, at which point I switch to my 30 channel regular cable.

DirecTV as well. Pretty happy with it except for the problems that any dish service would have, which is losing service during storms, at which point I switch to my 30 channel regular cable.

Do you have the WiFi hookup for DTV, so you can watch shows on demand?

Ahh busted! :p

72113. It's Maumelle, Arkansas. I suppose we can take the rest of this to PMs. +1

I'll hit you up on Wednesday.

Do you have the WiFi hookup for DTV, so you can watch shows on demand?

No sir. Do you? I get my movies from Redbox.

Verizon FiOs.

Based off of my experiences...and I've had Comcast, BrightHouse and DirecTV...it is the best all around service out there. Love it.

Dish Network, but I am seriously considering a switch...

DirecTV.

Free Sunday Ticket for a year since I signed up a few months ago. I don't watch a whole lot of TV as it is but all the sports programming is pretty kick ass.

No sir. Do you? I get my movies from Redbox.

No, we don't have the attachment and DirecTV wants to charge close to 70 bucks for it. I'm moving to FIOS once the DTV contract is up (9 months), so it's pretty pointless to pay for the attachment now.

DirecTV. Free Sunday Ticket for a year since I signed up a few months ago. I don't watch a whole lot of TV as it is but all the sports programming is pretty kick ass.

Just pulled the trigger on my switch from Dish...free Sunday ticket and about 100 bucks less a month for the first year than what I'm paying Dish atm...

Polar Communications. They get the job done.