Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

Top 10 Players of All Time

Thought I'd take a stab at our division rivals since like I mentioned earlier only have a short history and I remember watching these guys.

Greatest Carolina Panthers:

1. Sam Mills

2. Muhsin Muhammad

3. Julius Peppers

4. Steve Smith

5. Jake Delhomme

6. Wesley Walls

7. Jake Delhomme

8. John Kasay (OG)

9. Mike Minter

10. Jon Beason

Edited by KiLaSix9

No order.

1. Jim Brown

2. Otto Graham

3. Leroy Kelly

4. Ozzie Newsome

5. Dante Lavelli

6. Marion Motley

7. Paul Warfield

8. Lou Groza

9. Bobby Mitchell

10. Gene Hickerson

Honorable Mentions: Bernie Kosar, Clay Matthews Jr, Joe Thomas, Brian Sipe, Hanford Dixson, Frank Minnifield.

If you're only doing our team from the last 13 years or so I would find a place for CJ2K among the top 10 players. He accOmplished something only 6 other backs in history have done.

The last spot was a tough one. CJ has a case, and I also highly considered Brad Hopkins, cause he was a very, very good LT for a very long time, though never really a "dominant/elite" one. Carter was dominant though. I guess you could put CJ there and I wouldn't have an issue with it, but I think Carter is deserving as well.

1. Reggie White

2. Steve Van Buren

3. Chuck Bednarik

4. Harold Carmichael

5. Brian Dawkins

6. Pete Pihos

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Norm Van Brocklin

9. Tommy Macdonald

10. Bob Brown

Honorables: Pete Retzlaff, Randall Cunningham, Ron Jaworski, Jerome Brown, Clyde Simmons, Seth Joyner, Eric Allen, Andre Waters, Jon Runyan, Tra Thomas, Al Wistert, David Akers, Tom Brookshier

Where all my Giants boys at? Guess i will be the 1st to make a list. Hope i don't bomb

Giants All-Time Top 10:

1. Lawrence Taylor

2. Michael Strahan

3. Harry Carson

4. Frank Gifford

5. Phil Simms

6. George Martin

7. Y.A. Tittle

8. Mark Bavaro

9. Tiki Barber

10. Eli Manning

Honorable mention:

Sam Huff, Carl Banks, Amani Toomer, Jeff Feagles, Justin Tuck, Chris Snee

Edited by G-Men

Some of these lists are epic being that some franchises have such long, deep traditions. Other lists, like the Bucs, are going to be filled with players most of us remember seeing live.

If the Bucs had someone other than Culverhouse owning the team for a long time, maybe we would've had a deeper history. Doug Williams would likely easily be in all of our top tens. The only true great player we had before the days of red and pewter was Selmon. I'm pumped to see how some of our young guys now will fit into this one day. If Freeman continues what he did last year he will be on the list in no time.

I'm thinking Gramatica should be on the list of all time Bucs...not showing love to kickers :nope:

I don't see where Gramatica fits into the top ten. Maybe top tweny if you want to go deeper.

What about Eric Rhett? I thought he was pretty good, back in the day...or Keyshawn Johnson?

Edited by Krawnka

What about Eric Rhett? I thought he was pretty good, back in the day...or Keyshawn Johnson?

I'd put Mark Carrier in my top ten before Keyshawn, but I didn't go with either. I think every other Buc fan went with Carrier in their top 10.

This site called profootballreference has something they call Career Approximate Value, it is based on production and longjevity with a team. Here is the Bucs' top ten based on their formula.

1.Derrick Brooks

2.Ronde Barber

3.Warren Sapp

4.Lee Roy Selmon

5.John Lynch

6.Paul Gruber

7.Hardy Nickrson

8.James Wilder

9.Shelton Quarles

10.Simeon Rice

I'm not sure why you Titan's fans left off Earl Campbell, is it because it's when they were the Oilers? That guy is a legend.

Oh yeah, and Warren Moon

Edited by Krawnka
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure why you Titan's fans left off Earl Campbell, is it because it's when they were the Oilers? That guy is a legend.

Oh yeah, and Warren Moon

Like I said in my post, I wasn't counting pure Oilers.

If I were counting pure Oilers, there would be people like Campbell, Moon, Houston, Munchak, Brazile, etc, etc, etc.

As a matter of fact, I'm not sure any pure Titan would make the top 10 list..lemme attempt one with Oilers included:

1. Bruce Matthews

2. Earl Campbell

3. Mike Munchak

4. Ken Houston

5. Elvin Bethea

6. Robert Brazile

7. Steve McNair

8. Warren Moon

9. George Blanda

10. Eddie George? Kinda stumped here, can't think of too many outside of George who would be worthy of this spot.

Unless you count McNair and George as pure Titans, though both were Houston Oilers are one point, there are no pure Titans on the list.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

1. Bednarik

2. Reggie White

3. Steve Van Buren

4. Brian Dawkins

5. Harold Carmichael

6. Pete Pihos

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Norm Van Brocklin

9. Tommy Macdonald

10. Bob Brown

If the Bucs had someone other than Culverhouse owning the team for a long time, maybe we would've had a deeper history. Doug Williams would likely easily be in all of our top tens. The only true great player we had before the days of red and pewter was Selmon. I'm pumped to see how some of our young guys now will fit into this one day. If Freeman continues what he did last year he will be on the list in no time.

I don't see where Gramatica fits into the top ten. Maybe top tweny if you want to go deeper.

Gramatica being the all time leading scorer and the streak of dominance he had with us definitely warrants top 10 consideration.

1. Joe Montana

2. Jerry Rice

3. Steve Young

4. Ronnie Lott

5. Jimmy Johnson

6. Dave Wilcox

7. Fred Dean

8. Hugh McElhenny

9. Leo Nomellini

10. Bob St. Clair

Edited by RANGA

1. Tom Brady

2. Andre Tippett

3. John Hannah

4. Geno Cappelletti

5. Sam Cunningham

6. Drew Bledsoe

7. Mike Haynes

8. Stanley Morgan

9 Troy Brown

10. Willie McGinest/Tedy Bruschi

That was pretty fucking hard. :yep:

honestly, i would of added mr. adam vinatieri in there somewhere

1. Joe Montana

2. Jerry Rice

3. Steve Young

4. Ronnie Lott

5. Jimmy Johnson

6. Dave Wilcox

7. Fred Dean

8. Hugh McElhenny

9. Leo Nomellini

10. Bob St. Clair

Dude the top 5 is freaking legendary.

1. Joe Montana

2. Jerry Rice

3. Steve Young

4. Ronnie Lott

5. Jimmy Johnson

6. Dave Wilcox

7. Fred Dean

8. Hugh McElhenny

9. Leo Nomellini

10. Bob St. Clair

I think Bryant Young is deserving of a spot in the top 10. That guy was soooooooo dominant for such a long time. A very, very, VERY underrated DT.

Guest MikeyDay

Like I said in my post, I wasn't counting pure Oilers.

If I were counting pure Oilers, there would be people like Campbell, Moon, Houston, Munchak, Brazile, etc, etc, etc.

As a matter of fact, I'm not sure any pure Titan would make the top 10 list..lemme attempt one with Oilers included:

1. Bruce Matthews

2. Earl Campbell

3. Mike Munchak

4. Ken Houston

5. Elvin Bethea

6. Robert Brazile

7. Steve McNair

8. Warren Moon

9. George Blanda

10. Eddie George? Kinda stumped here, can't think of too many outside of George who would be worthy of this spot.

Unless you count McNair and George as pure Titans, though both were Houston Oilers are one point, there are no pure Titans on the list.

Oh iight i was like whatttt for your first list. But besides Eddie you have Derrick Mason, or Bulluck. Bulluck was a top LB for a while before he got hurt.

Derrick Mason I really, really like, but he played so long for the Ravens and now for the Jets it just seems like it'd be wrong to have him on the list, lol.

I'm probably Bulluck's biggest fan in history, but I don't think he meant as much to the franchise as Eddie George did.

Guest MikeyDay

Derrick Mason I really, really like, but he played so long for the Ravens and now for the Jets it just seems like it'd be wrong to have him on the list, lol.

I'm probably Bulluck's biggest fan in history, but I don't think he meant as much to the franchise as Eddie George did.

Mcnair did for a couple years too but hes on the list.

Prob not for Bulluck but he could be placed there. Id stay with Eddie im just saying those two were only other options imo.

Yes, but McNair's prime years were here, and he was only in Baltimore 2 years, and the 2nd year he really didn't even play. Only had like 4 games or some shit he played in.

Mason spent 6 seasons in Baltimore and now is on a 2 year deal with New York. I just can't consider him a true Titan anymore, as much as I appreciate his play.

Eddie George, on top of his fantastic career, did something very few people give him props for, and that was allowing McNair to develop at his own pace. The reason Eddie hit the wall so suddenly like he did was because of how much we over worked him waiting for McNair to reach his full potential.

If McNair and Eddie had actually gotten to play together in their primes, we'd probably have a superbowl.

Impossible to cut it to ten...

Jack Lambert

Mean Joe Greene

Mel Blount

Jack Ham

John Stallworth

Lynn Swann

Terry Bradshaw

Franco Harris

Mike Webster

Rod Woodson

Dermonti Dawson

Gregg Lloyd

Alan Faneca

Hines Ward

Jerome Bettis

Ben Roethlisberger

Casey Hampton

Aaron Smith

James Harrison

Troy Polamalu

• Upvote 2

So you just double it... <_>

Guest MikeyDay

Yes, but McNair's prime years were here, and he was only in Baltimore 2 years, and the 2nd year he really didn't even play. Only had like 4 games or some shit he played in.

Mason spent 6 seasons in Baltimore and now is on a 2 year deal with New York. I just can't consider him a true Titan anymore, as much as I appreciate his play.

Eddie George, on top of his fantastic career, did something very few people give him props for, and that was allowing McNair to develop at his own pace. The reason Eddie hit the wall so suddenly like he did was because of how much we over worked him waiting for McNair to reach his full potential.

If McNair and Eddie had actually gotten to play together in their primes, we'd probably have a superbowl.

I feel u on Mason but Mcnair and him were our passing offense. Im just saying. Yeah we used Eddie up quickly. Talk about a workhorse, but he played his guts out i think thats what sets him from most Titans. The stiff arm on Lewis with a seperated shoulder.... IRONMAN.

So you just double it... <_<

What do you want from me? You freaking cut that down to just 10, man. I could have put 30 players up there.

That's an impressive list man.

it's no wonder the Steelers have won all those Super Bowls. :trophy:

Edited by BoneKrusher