Sign in to follow this  
BigBen07

SI's NFL Picks

I've recently got my 2011 NFL Preview issue from Sports Illustrated, and I've got to say the picks from Peter King are interesting. Here they are:

AFC East

New England 12-4

NY Jets 10-6*

Buffalo 7-9

Miami 6-10

AFC North

Pittsburgh 10-6

Baltimore 10-6*

Cleveland 7-9

Cincinnati 3-13

AFC South

Indianapolis 10-6

Houston 9-7

Jacksonville 7-9

Tennessee 6-10

AFC West

San Diego 11-5

Kansas City 8-8

Oakland 7-9

Denver 5-11

*-Wild Card Team

AFC Playoffs

Wild-Card Round

Ravens over Colts 20-17

Steelers over Jets 30-20

Divisional Round

Ravens over Patriots 23-21

Chargers over Steelers 16-15

Championship Game

Chargers over Ravens 22-16

NFC East

Philadelphia 10-6

Dallas 9-7

NY Giants 9-7

Washington 5-11

NFC North

Green Bay 11-5

Detroit 10-6*

Chicago 8-8

Minnesota 6-10

NFC South

New Orleans 10-6

Atlanta 10-6*

Tampa Bay 8-8

Carolina 4-12

NFC West

St. Louis 9-7

Arizona 7-9

Seattle 6-10

San Francisco 5-11

*-Wild Card Team

NFC Playoffs

Wild-Card Round

Falcons over Rams 30-20

Eagles over Lions 16-10

Divisional Round

Falcons over Packers 27-25

Saints over Eagles 23-17

Championship Game

Falcons over Saints 26-17

Super Bowl XLVI

Falcons over Chargers 24-20

So, among over things, King feels that the Patriots are the only team good enough to get at least 12 wins, and that the rest of the league is gonna have parity/mediocrity?

Edited by BigBen07

Dang straight the Lions are making the playoffs. That said, losing 16-10 seems a little weak. I'd definitely be betting the over on that game.

Everything looks pretty good but lets see the Lions get a winning record before we start predicting them to make the playoffs.

Everything looks pretty good but lets see the Lions get a winning record before we start predicting them to make the playoffs.

I seriously doubt that NE is gonna be the only team with 12 wins this year though.

Lol, I'm starting to like how nobody thinks the Packers can compete in the NFC all of the sudden.

And I see the Packers getting 12-13 wins this year. We're playing the AFCW and we usually do pretty well against them (last time we played them, 2007, we swept that division and went 13-3 on the season).

Way to go out on a limb there Peter King :rolleyes: Chargers and Falcons in the Superbowl, how original! :sarcasm:

The Chargers.... the friggin Chargers?! ...... :facepalm: Good team with an Elite QB... but come the fuck on!

If the Chargers are gonna make the Superbowl, they are going to need to get a BYE, and pray that one of the low seeds can pull off an upset.

And I don't have the Falcons in real Super Bowl contention for another year at least. They are completely switching the philosophy in which they run their offense, and it's not going to just all of a sudden click and they make a run to a Lombardi Trophy.

Doubt either of his picks even make it to the title game.

I find it hard to believe that only 1 team will make it to 12 wins for the season...

I stopped paying attention to SI's preseason rankings after they predicted the Bears to finish 32nd in the league and we ended up going to the Super Bowl. They are always wrong.

The Chargers aren't going to go that far, the Packers are going to go farther, the Lions aren't going to make the playoffs, Houston will be better than 9-7, the Ravens can't beat the Pats, and the Saints aren't going to the NFCCG.

Pretty bad predictions IMO. He only has one team winning more than 12 games. He has the SB champs only winning 11 games and the AFC champs have the same record as the Lions :rofl: . Falcons vs. Chargers for the SB is lol worthy. Both are great teams and have made some good moves this offseason, but come on...

Other than Aaron Rodgers and a few guys on defense, the Packers were just a "good" team. They were nothing great. Up until the playoffs that is. In the playoffs, it was like they flipped a switch. They were unstoppable in the playoffs.