Patriots2994

Past Player Revival

The NFL has a long history of skilled players at every position; that fact can't be disputed. If you were able to go into the past and bring back one player at the prime of his career, regardless of his current age or whether he's dead/alive, who would it be? Also, take out of consideration the team that he played for. This is about bringing back players because of the excitement they brought to the game, or because they were interesting to watch, not because they were your favorite player on your favorite team. If you're a 49ers' fan and you want Joe Montana back, then by all means go for it, as should any fans of any teams & players. I just want people picked because of what they brought to the game and to consider the following-skill, excitement, intelligence, class, contributions on the field and off, etc.

Barry Sanders

Doesn't get more exciting for me :biggrin:

I'd need to think long and hard before picking, but I'd definitely consider Sanders. He's the only player that can turn a 10 yard loss into a fun play to watch, not to mention his homerun ability and running skills in general. He was fast, could stutter step without losing speed, break tackles, and go above and beyond on every single play. Good choice.

The "other" Sanders Deion would be a good choice too.

I did say Jim Brown (Love to see how he'd stand up in todays NFL) but I would also agree with Barry Sanders that guy was the most exciting back I ever saw. Not saying he is better than Brown or Sweetness (Before my time).

Edited by NaTaS

Dick Butkus, just to see how much he'd rack up in fines.

• Upvote 2

Dan Marino

He would be so fun to watch with how the league has become more of a passing game.

Earl Campbell, you want to talk about a RB who could run people over

• Upvote 1

Derrick Thomas

Reggie White, It'd be interesting to see him stack up against the modern day speed rushers. I think Reggie would be even more dominant in today's game.

Lawrence Taylor (assuming no one else gets raped)