Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Disturbing Trend: Cutler Getting Worse, Not Better

It’s becoming one of the great mysteries of Chicago sports: Why is Jay Cutler getting worse when he’s supposed to be getting better?

There are all sorts of plausible theories: He plays behind an average-at-best offensive line. He has an unproven group of Nos. 2 and 3 wide receivers. He’s playing in a system that subjects him to too many direct hits and sacks. He has a high ‘‘Jeff George Quotient.’’

As Lovie Smith would say, it’s probably a combination of all of them.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/7914852-419/why-is-jay-cutler-getting-worse-simulation-game-may-hold-answer.html

And before Windy says I am only posting this because of my obvious hate of the Bears... It IS coming from a Chicago newspaper. lol

average at best? ... Way to fluff the Bears OLine, this is probably one of the worst lines ever assembled in the past ten years, excluding the early Texans.

• Upvote 1

Jay Cutler admitted Wednesday that he's perceiving pressure when it isn't there due to so many sacks taken.

"Even sometimes when you do have a good amount of time, you're gonna be feeling it even if it's not there," he said. "It's a constant battle. The more consistent we get up front, and the more time I have and the more comfortable I feel, the more consistent I'm gonna get." Cutler ranks 13th among fantasy QBs, but has regressed sharply since Week 1. He's taken a league-high 14 sacks.

Source: ESPN Chicago

I don't think Cutler as a player is getting worse, it's clearly the players around him plus the coaching staffs horrible play calling.

Cutler doesn't have a lot to work with. His offensive line is the worst in the league and he has no weapons in the passing game besides his running back.

This Bears OL is worse than the OL Marc Bulger had with the Rams not too long ago, and that one was fucking HORRIBLE. If that line could block a feather and Mike Martz got his head out of his ass then Jay Cutler would probably be able to lead that offense somewhere.

Garbage reporting here by the Sun-Times. Exactly why I never read their stories. Why do people continue to talk about the areas that Cutler is lacking, when the areas that the O-Line is lacking in are far greater and are the root of the problem? I hate the media's love for blaming everything on the QB.

And F4E, I don't care if it's written by Jay Cutler himself, you know you love searching for stories that criticize the Bears. :)

• Downvote 1

Looks like he could really benefit from a go to guy. Seems confused when he has to stay in the pocket and doesn't know what to do with the ball.

Garbage reporting here by the Sun-Times. Exactly why I never read their stories. Why do people continue to talk about the areas that Cutler is lacking, when the areas that the O-Line is lacking in are far greater and are the root of the problem? I hate the media's love for blaming everything on the QB.

And F4E, I don't care if it's written by Jay Cutler himself, you know you love searching for stories that criticize the Bears. :)

No, he just likes posting articles that concern a player/coach from one of the NFCN teams. It just so happens that all of the Bears articles he posts are criticism in one way or another. Just ask yourself: what is there about the Bears to NOT criticize? Cutler has been bad, OL been bad, their one offensive weapon is unused cuz their OC is too pass-happy for this team, their defense is average at best....

There's not too many positive things to report about in Chicago dude...

And if you haven't noticed he posts news about the other NFCN teams too. Not just Bears criticism.

People who say that Cutler doesn't have much to work with, that's an even a bit of an over-statement. I don't think Cutler has ANYTHING to work with. Some flashes from Knox at wide receiver, and he has a great running back in Forte he can hand the ball to just so HE can get crushed instead of Cutler.

The line is horrible. The worse I've seen in a while. (Not saying that Atlanta is any better, because they are right with them.)

Cutlers struggles have nothing to do with him. They have everything to do with the pieces around him. Mike Martz has a horrible offense, and always has. If Chicago actually had half an offensive line, they would probably be right with the Packers. The Bears defense is and always has been stout. I don't understand why they can't build the offense a little better.

No, he just likes posting articles that concern a player/coach from one of the NFCN teams. It just so happens that all of the Bears articles he posts are criticism in one way or another. Just ask yourself: what is there about the Bears to NOT criticize? Cutler has been bad, OL been bad, their one offensive weapon is unused cuz their OC is too pass-happy for this team, their defense is average at best....

There's not too many positive things to report about in Chicago dude...

And if you haven't noticed he posts news about the other NFCN teams too. Not just Bears criticism.

How about the fact that they went all the way to the NFCCG last year? How about the addition of Roy Williams? How about Matt Forte? How about the general fact that 10 years ago people laughed if you said the words "Bears" and "playoffs" in the same sentence, and now the Bears are part of the discussion?

There are a lot of negatives, but there are also positives.

How about the fact that they went all the way to the NFCCG last year? How about the addition of Roy Williams? How about Matt Forte? How about the general fact that 10 years ago people laughed if you said the words "Bears" and "playoffs" in the same sentence, and now the Bears are part of the discussion?

There are a lot of negatives, but there are also positives.

Yeah like I just said...they don't use their best player, Matt Forte. Roy Williams has done nothing. They more than likely wasted their money on him. Who care what Chicago did in the past? It's not looking likely that they'll be close to the NFCCG this year.

Yeah like I just said...they don't use their best player, Matt Forte. Roy Williams has done nothing. They more than likely wasted their money on him. Who care what Chicago did in the past? It's not looking likely that they'll be close to the NFCCG this year.

mike_ditka-gives-finger.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

They'll be lucky to even REACH the playoffs IMO.

mike_ditka-gives-finger.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

And you did absolutely nothing to help your cause. By making that post you just basically said "hey guys I'm fine with my team sucking. Haters gonna hate".

And you did absolutely nothing to help your cause. By making that post you just basically said "hey guys I'm fine with my team sucking. Haters gonna hate".

1. It was in response to your statement that the Bears wouldn't be back in the NFCCG this year.

2. There honestly is nothing I can personally do about my team's performance.

3. I use that image as frequently as possible.