WindyCitySports

How will your team do in the 2011-12 season?

I think the Hawks are going to be ok. A little bit improved from last year, but no Stanley Cup predictions. I think they make the playoffs and we will see how it goes from there. This was a fairly quite offseason in Chicago, unlike last year's clean out due to the salary cap. I see our season panning out pretty similarly to last season.

The Bruins should look pretty solid this season. Tim Thomas did get a lot of playing time last year, especially in the playoffs, so I think he'll return in a lesser form of himself (but remember, pretty much any goalie playing would be considered lesser than his season last year). I hope Rask can develop and play at a higher level, especially after his disappointing '10-'11 starts. The Bruins should be decent on offense, and I expect the defense to be as physical and tough as ever. I really hope the power play woes don't carry into this season. They were terrible in the normal season, and absolutely horrendous in the playoffs. They should return to the playoffs for another season, and while they have a championship caliber team, I'm not expecting them to repeat.

Sabres should be better. Hopefully we don't stumble out of the gate like last year though. We'll probably be a 4-5 seed, though i could see us winning the division.

No idea what to expect from the Flyers. I do expect a slow start with so many new faces on our top two lines, but we're going to have to rely heavily young players like JVR and the young guys we got for Carter and Richards. We should be pretty tough to score on if Pronger is back healthy. We finally have a goalie for the first time in years.

I haven't been following too closely with what the Devils have been doing during the off-season, but surely they'll start better than they did last year.

DeBoer's resume isn't very reputable but who knows, maybe with a team that has more talent than the Panthers had he can do some good stuff. I'm very excited to see what our 1st-round pick Larsson brings to the table, since it's looking like he's making the roster. Hopefully he'll add some attacking flair to our defense - which is something we lacked last year.

And it goes unsaid I expect at least 75 points from our $100m man. :yep:

The Red Wings are getting older, but they sure have a lot of young prospects at the bottom of the roster. Lidstrom is coming back, and Zetterberg and Datsyuk aren't slowing down. I see us winning the Central again and going deep into the playoffs. Filppula and Helm have the potential and need to step up their game. Abdelkader is getting better but needs to stop taking stupid penalties. Ericsson signed a fairly big contract and needs to show his worth. Jimmy Howard was a little shaky in his sophomore season, but he played a ton of games and should have better help behind him this year with Ty Conklin. I am just curious to see if we go out and get somebody before the trade deadline, or wait until next free agency when we have a ton of cap room.

Devils will make the playoffs. There's no way the guys that locker room let them stay out two years in a row. And our defense is better than it gets credit for. Nothing worked in the first half of the season, and just because they aren't well known names, everyone gives the defense hell and lets the forwards off with "blame Maclean". They were the best team in the league the second half of the year. You can't do that with a terrible defense.

Well that was a solid start for us (what third period?). Hope we can keep it up.

Based on the first two games I'm pretty excited about the Flyers this year.

just like last year, anything short of the Stanley Cup will be a disappointment

Barry Melrose says the Hawks are his pick to win the Stanley Cup this year. Maybe they will do a little bit better than I thought, but I still am not going to talk about another Cup.

I hope my Flames can be okay at the very least this season. We are pretty weak this season up the middle, and kipper is starting to fade a litle bit I'm afraid. I fuckin hate Sutter, he fucked the team over for a few years to come. At least at the end of the season we can dump Hagman and Olli, both overpaid terrible players. I wish Matt Stajan would retire so we don't have to pay him his 4 million dollar salary for playing on the fuckin 4th line. I cry myself to sleep every night when I think about this! :(:(:(

The Avalanche is my team If I were ever to get into Hockey again.

Got back into baseball so we'll see.

Holy fuck. Beagle got seriously fucked up.

5-0-0 I hope y'all are ready for the NHL's first undefeated season :p

well, we just absolutely demolished the Red Wings to become the only undefeated team in the NHL, gotta wonder how long we can keep this rolling

Penguins are rocking..!14 points baby..!

well, we just absolutely demolished the Red Wings to become the only undefeated team in the NHL, gotta wonder how long we can keep this rolling

Up until April. :troll:

Up until April. :troll:

I'll be pretty happy if we go undefeated until April thumb.gif

FTR, I know that comment was a swipe at the Caps recent playoff history, but I'll look at it how I want to :p

well, so much for the undefeated season, Khabibulin played incredibly in the third but the penalties were ridiculous, not that they were called, but that we committed them, I honestly think that's the first time I've seen the penalty 'closing hand on puck' called

Penguins have a fair chance to win the Eastern Conference....They ar in the first place right now but we'll see wgat happens in the rest of the season....

Sabres are going through a rough patch after starting off great. Hopefully we can turn it around but tomorrow should be a tough game against Philly.

that was a hell of a game, I gotta pull my backstrom sig out after his performance tonight