Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Cooley laughs at Romo for choking, wants to fight him in the cage

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 4, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT

Redskins tight end Chris Cooley is not too fond of Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

In an interview on the LaVar and Dukes show, Cooley said he had a great time watching Romo throw three second-half interceptions on Sunday, and that he would love to fight Romo in the UFC.

“It’s so good,” Chris Cooley said of seeing Romo and the Cowboys give up a 27-3 lead to the Lions, via Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post. “I was watching the scoreboard in St. Louis, and I didn’t see that they’d lost really until they end, I thought they blew them out so I kind of stopped paying attention. It’s amazing, amazing to watch him choke like that. I’m just saying, I’m up 24 points in the third quarter, if I’m the head coach, I feel like I could probably just take a knee for the rest of the game, punt it away and there’s no way that Detroit’s gonna drive on you that many times. The only way you’re gonna give up that many points is turnovers, right? It’s hilarious to watch him throw pick sixes, too, back-to-back. I loved it.”

Cooley then said the one thing he would enjoy more than seeing Romo lose on the football field is stepping into the cage with Romo and defeating him personally.

“But it wouldn’t be as good as my cage fight,” Cooley said. “For me to beat Tony? I’m gonna be honest, I don’t know what kind of cage fighting skills he has. I would probably try to incorporate my wrestling ability, like when I was in high school. Obviously it’s been a while, but I didn’t like to beat people fast. I like to embarrass ‘em a little bit. Like, take a 24-point lead, and then just play with it a little bit.”

It’s no surprise that Romo is hearing a lot of criticism this week after throwing the game away against the Lions, just as he heard a lot of praise the week before — after beating Cooley’s Redskins.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

Nothing wrong with hating on a rival, and it's not like he is lying about anything. The only way you blow a lead like that is by making poor choices and turning the ball over. I am not famous, and I enjoy the hell out of seeing Romo turn the ball over and losing games.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Look everyone, a washed-up hasbeen who's team just got beat by the Cowboys and Romo in a fuck ton of pain and half the team injured is talking shit.

Cooley is usually funny. This is retarded.

I get it's rival talk and all, but the whole thing with the cage fighting and wrestling just makes him sound like some idiot douche trying to be a tough guy. I'm interested in hearing his explanation as to why he dislikes Romo so much he'd want to fight him. And being on a rival team isn't an answer to that. Compete when your teams are on the field, respect each other off of it (assuming the person deserves the respect of a typical human being).

He should probably just keep his mouth shut and worry about scoring a TD for once.

• Upvote 1

The first part was classic trash talk, but the second bit about the cage fight seems kinda douchebag-ey and try-hard lol...

Cooley can be a D-bag at times, but the whole wrestling comment was nothing more than hyperbole.

All the Cowboy fans don't see the humor. I wonder why...

Cooley has been injured and kind of slow to come back, he is just trying to occupy his down time. He is a Redskin and hates the Cowboys and wants to see them fail...I am a Redskins fan and hate the Cowboys and want to see them fail. I don't see much of a difference, other than the fact that he is a athlete. Are athletes not allowed to hate their rivals and root for them to fail, taking pleasure in seeing them lose?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Cooley can be a D-bag at times, but the whole wrestling comment was nothing more than hyperbole.

All the Cowboy fans don't see the humor. I wonder why...

Cooley has been injured and kind of slow to come back, he is just trying to occupy his down time. He is a Redskin and hates the Cowboys and wants to see them fail...I am a Redskins fan and hate the Cowboys and want to see them fail. I don't see much of a difference, other than the fact that he is a athlete. Are athletes not allowed to hate their rivals and root for them to fail, taking pleasure in seeing them lose?

Seeing as how Tony Romo and the Cowboys just beat the Redskins no more than 2 weeks ago, he should have probably kept his mouth shut otherwise he wouldn't have looked like that big of an idiot...

When you lose, you have no right to talk shit.

• Upvote 1

Seeing as how Tony Romo and the Cowboys just beat the Redskins no more than 2 weeks ago, he should have probably kept his mouth shut otherwise he wouldn't have looked like that big of an idiot...

When you lose, you have no right to talk shit.

Win or lose, when you Arch-rival whom everyone crowns "Beasts of the East" blow a 20+ point lead, you can talk all the shit you want.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Win or lose, when you Arch-rival whom everyone crowns "Beasts of the East" blow a 20+ point lead, you can talk all the shit you want.

I don't know about ALL the shit you want... you can giggle, point, or even laugh out loud and say it's awesome, but Cooley took it to the obnoxious level when he took the knife in the wound and twisted it, and offered up his genius 4th quarter strategy.

• Upvote 1

We're not expected to win the division this season, at best, we were predicted by most to go 9-7..hardly the beasts of the east. The Beasts of the East you're thinking of are 1-3...

We blew a 20 point lead to the Lions, Cooley has no association with the Detroit Lions and therefor is not allowed to talk shit, he's a Washington Redskin whose team got their ass whooped by the corpse of Tony Romo no more than 2 weeks ago.

It's pretty pants on head retarded to think you're entitled to shitting on an opponent who just beat you, 2 weeks ago, on national television.

You just look stupid.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Per PFT:

Cooley says he was joking about Romo

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT

If it wasn’t already clear that Redskins tight end Chris Cooley was joking when he said on Monday that Cooley took pleasure in Tony Romo’s Week Four choke job, Cooley says that he indeed was joking.

“There’s no personal thing with Tony Romo,” Cooley said on a podcast with Jimmy Traina of SI.com, via Rich Tandler of CSNWashington.com. “I do a radio show with Chad Dukes and LaVar Arrington [on 106.7 The Fan] every Monday and we joke around and we have some fun and they ask me questions. People are just surprised when I talk like a regular person, I guess.”

And a regular person who plays for the Redskins naturally would be glad to see the Cowboys blow the biggest lead they’ve ever blown.

“They said, ‘Did you like watching them choke?’ And I said of course I like watching them choke,” Cooley said. “The biggest thing is, they beat us last week. So, obviously. But I still enjoyed that the Cowboys lost.

“I play for the Washington Redskins. I don’t see why anyone would think that I wouldn’t enjoy that.”

It’s just as natural for some to take issue with Cooley’s candor, even though we don’t have any problem with it. Talk like that spices up the game, making the ultimate reality show even more, um, real.

I was going to post in this thread, but I gave my thoughts in the shoutbox and then I saw Mathias' posts in here so that pretty much summed it up from a Cowboys fan's perspective.

ETA: I guess I posted in this thread after all... :grinno:

Edited by Maverick

We're not expected to win the division this season, at best, we were predicted by most to go 9-7..hardly the beasts of the east. The Beasts of the East you're thinking of are 1-3...

We blew a 20 point lead to the Lions, Cooley has no association with the Detroit Lions and therefor is not allowed to talk shit, he's a Washington Redskin whose team got their ass whooped by the corpse of Tony Romo no more than 2 weeks ago.

It's pretty pants on head retarded to think you're entitled to shitting on an opponent who just beat you, 2 weeks ago, on national television.

You just look stupid.

Who got their "ass whooped" two weeks ago? You talking about the 18-16 game? Or are you saying Tony Romo jumped some team in an alley a couple of weeks ago?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Who got their "ass whooped" two weeks ago? You talking about the 18-16 game? Or are you saying Tony Romo jumped some team in an alley a couple of weeks ago?

The Redskins got their ass whooped.

:yep:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

He must be talking about all those touchdowns that they apparently put up on us :rolleyes:

Edited by ride or die redskins
  • Downvote 1

What's Cooley got this year? 7 catches?

I'd rather see Cooley fight Tenessee-corn-fed-Witten in a cage match. TE vs. TE. Or even better, D-Ware, who actually trains MMA. Cooley would get his ass smacked by either one of them.

It's all in good fun. Cooley is what Cooley is. He's always been entertaining at the least.

He must be talking about all those touchdowns that they apparently put up on us :rolleyes:

Who won the game again?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's Cooley got this year? 7 catches?

I'd rather see Cooley fight Tenessee-corn-fed-Witten in a cage match. TE vs. TE. Or even better, D-Ware, who actually trains MMA. Cooley would get his ass smacked by either one of them.

It's all in good fun. Cooley is what Cooley is. He's always been entertaining at the least.

Cooley was a state champion wrestler in Utah, I think he would hold his own.

And yet, we are still atop the east right now. Funny how that works, no? :grinno:

Don't buy into the hype.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What is with Chris Cooley wanting to fight everyone in a MMA cage?

Jesus. He reminds me of THAT drunk guy at a party that wants to fight everyone for saying hello to his girlfriend.

• Upvote 1

What is with Chris Cooley wanting to fight everyone in a MMA cage?

Jesus. He reminds me of THAT drunk guy at a party that wants to fight everyone for saying hello to his girlfriend.

LOl yea. Reminds me of a friend I had that thought giving people in headbutts to strangers in a bar was a good idea. He was kind of a doucher.