Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

RIP Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple Inc., who introduced simple, well-designed computers for people who were more interested in what technology could do rather than how it was done, died Wednesday at age 56.

In a brief statement, Apple announced the death but did not say where he died. Mr. Jobs suffered from a rare form of pancreatic cancer and had a liver transplant in 2009, and he stepped down as Apple’s chief executive in August.

An original thinker who helped create the Macintosh, one of the most influential computers in the world, Mr. Jobs also reinvented the portable music player with the iPod, launched the first successful legal method of selling music online with the creation of iTunes, and reordered the cellphone market with the iPhone. The introduction of the iPad also jump-started the electronic-tablet market, and it now dominates the field.

He also started a chain of retail stores and pushed consumers away from their dependence on floppy disks and CDs.

To show how much he affects me every day, I am posting this from my iPhone. I have always bought PC's over Macs because they are cheaper, but I have still bought many of his other products and realize that he has revolutionized the technology industry. May Steve Jobs rest in peace.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

“Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”

Steve Jobs, RIP

RIP and thank you for allowing jailbreak to be possible :wub:

He made Apple the company it is today. Almost everyone has been affected by him in some way: iPods, iPhones, Apple computing, iPads...

RIP Steve Jobs...

Although I'm not huge on Apple products there is no denying the affect that Steve Jobs had on the technology industry and from what I've heard he seemed to be a good guy. RIP.

On a side note, I'm not sure why so many people are somehow shocked that he died. I think it was obvious when he stepped down a month ago he looked weak and his time was running out otherwise he never would've stepped down.

Steve Jobs was one of the greatest visionaries of his era. RIP.

Edited by RANGA

Steve Jobs was one of the greatest visionaries of his era. RIP.

Dude completely revolutionized technology as we know it.

RIP.

I've never bought a single Apple product lol, but he definitely changed how we listen to music after the creation of the iPod. Apple has released other quality products and it's certainly due to his hard work with the company. RIP

Jamming out with my iPod.

RIP.

^I don't get that reference...lol.

RIP Steve Jobs. Didn't know much about you other than your kick-ass ideas and innovation for Apple, but I read a lot about this guy and his personal life and he really was a great man.

^I don't get that reference...lol.

RIP Steve Jobs. Didn't know much about you other than your kick-ass ideas and innovation for Apple, but I read a lot about this guy and his personal life and he really was a great man.

That 'beachball' is used in Mac's OS like the hour glass is used in Windows.

• Upvote 1

The world lost a great one, but he will never be forgotten.