Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

The Friend Zone

The thread title is self explanatory. Talk about the frustrating time(s) that you ended up in the dreaded Friend Zone.

For me it involves a girl I was trying to to get with recently. I practically walked right into it. I had no real signs. We talk most days but it was never a constant thing and she never came to me for a shoulder to cry on, so I thought I could take it slow (she'd just gotten out of a relationship that last almost four years, so I didn't really want to jump in right away and deal with getting compared to the ex all the time in her head). I thought I could bide my time, be good to talk to, make her laugh, compliment her but drop away at times...that doesn't work. The easiest way to find yourself smack dab in the middle of a Friend Zone is to be good to a girl that you aren't dating. I was too nice. You almost have to be a bit of an ass until you take her out. It's the unfortunate, fucked-up way that women are, but that's how it is, and congratulations if you found the exception.

This don't need to get into specifics, but I know everybody's been there. Talk about it, give pointers if you have any. Every one of us has been a victim of the Friend Zone and wants to avoid it from now on.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Eh, I was "friend zoned" by a girl I liked. She even specifically said she would never date anyone who went to our school. We've been dating for a year and a half now.

Point is, being friends with a girl doesn't mean you can never date. If she truly only thinks of you as a friend, it means she doesn't like you and probably wouldn't want to be with you if you were an ass to start with.

Assholes win championships.

• Upvote 2

Assholes win championships.

Agreed...you can't be nice to a girl,you have to be an asshole...

Your first mistake was thinking you should bide your time with her just getting out of a long term relationship. You should have fucked her senseless while she was vulnerable, but now that you were her shoulder to cry on you're stuck in the friend zone until you fuck one of her friends. Make sure it's good. They'll start talking about it because make no mistake, girls talk about that shit. If she hears you're an animal in bed but still sensitive too you might just be in. But if I was you I would kind of ignore her a little then out of nowhere say, oh I like you with your hair up/down whichever and then kind of start to ignore her again but lay down some good game to girls, especially her friends while she's around.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm too big of a jerk to ever end up in the Friend Zone. I treat a bitch like 7up: never have, never will.

Your first mistake was thinking you should bide your time with her just getting out of a long term relationship. You should have fucked her senseless while she was vulnerable, but now that you were her shoulder to cry on you're stuck in the friend zone until you fuck one of her friends. Make sure it's good. They'll start talking about it because make no mistake, girls talk about that shit. If she hears you're an animal in bed but still sensitive too you might just be in. But if I was you I would kind of ignore her a little then out of nowhere say, oh I like you with your hair up/down whichever and then kind of start to ignore her again but lay down some good game to girls, especially her friends while she's around.

Yeah, I may need to do something similar to this, AKA taking my attention somewhere else right in front of her, or something like that. This is one of those girls where if I fucked one of her friends, I doubt she'd talk to me again. She's different, but not in that idolizing way that every guy thinks the girl he likes is different. This girl is different, a little strange, but so am I. There's so much intrigue there it's hard not to try again already. And I wasn't her shoulder to cry on. My post was misleading. I just offered honest advice here and there. I didn't give her constant outrageous compliments or anything, like "that guy" always does.

Yeah, I may need to do something similar to this, AKA taking my attention somewhere else right in front of her, or something like that. This is one of those girls where if I fucked one of her friends, I doubt she'd talk to me again. She's different, but not in that idolizing way that every guy thinks the girl he likes is different. This girl is different, a little strange, but so am I. There's so much intrigue there it's hard not to try again already. And I wasn't her shoulder to cry on. My post was misleading. I just offered honest advice here and there. I didn't give her constant outrageous compliments or anything, like "that guy" always does.

First off, why wouldn't she talk to if you fucked her friends? That makes me believe that should would definitely fuck YOU and is waiting for you to make a move or you're just wrong. If she's waiting for you to make a move some signs that she's interested would be the typic girl touch where she touches your arm or if she's laughing at a lot of the shit you say. Once you see a sign start stealing home like that bitch was your third base coach. As far as the fucking her friends thing goes she might be mad at you but in a jealous way which is a good thing. It's not a bad thing to have a girl mad at you. You just have to play it off and work your way back in.

Second, I'm not saying you should give her constant or outrageous compliments. Just tell her something about her hair or the clothes she's wearing. I'm not telling you to shoot cheesy pick up lines at the girl. A simple "you look nice today" is usually enough.

Edited by seanbrock

First off, why wouldn't she talk to if you fucked her friends? That makes me believe that should would definitely fuck YOU and is waiting for you to make a move or you're just wrong. If she's waiting for you to make a move some signs that she's interested would be the typic girl touch where she touches your arm or if she's laughing at a lot of the shit you say. Once you see a sign start stealing home like that bitch was your third base coach. As far as the fucking her friends thing goes she might be mad at you but in a jealous way which is a good thing. It's not a bad thing to have a girl mad at you. You just have to play it off and work your way back in.

Second, I'm not saying you should give her constant or outrageous compliments. Just tell her something about her hair or the clothes she's wearing. I'm not telling you to shoot cheesy pick up lines at the girl. A simple "you look nice today" is usually enough.

Yeah, dude, I mislead again in the post. What I meant to say is "that guy" is the shoulder to cry on, and that's why I listed the things I hadn't done.

Your methods will be applied if need be. When you want her, sometimes you just gotta make it happen through any means.

Yeah, dude, I mislead again in the post. What I meant to say is "that guy" is the shoulder to cry on, and that's why I listed the things I hadn't done.

Your methods will be applied if need be. When you want her, sometimes you just gotta make it happen through any means.

Except rape, I don't think you'd last long in state prison buddy, even if it's fucking North Dakota lol

Except rape, I don't think you'd last long in state prison buddy, even if it's fucking North Dakota lol

Lulz :hifiver: , but you knew what I meant.

The problem with shit like this is...you can't make a girl feel any which way. You just gotta hope it's there. If not, strike out and move on.

I beg to differ on that last part. Like blots said, you CAN change a girl's mind. You just have to know what to say/do.

seanbrock hit the nail on the head. All this nice, sensitive shit gets you thinking too much. Fuck thinking. You can think when you're married.

I beg to differ on that last part. Like blots said, you CAN change a girl's mind. You just have to know what to say/do.

This looks more and more like the route I might have to take. And this isn't from lack of confidence. I just know that I have to change my approach.

This looks more and more like the route I might have to take. And this isn't from lack of confidence. I just know that I have to change my approach.

Most girls are attracted to the dick approach, but will later open up and enjoy the sensitive side. Just be funny (that's hard for you, I understand), witty (again, I apologize), and follow Sean's advice. Once you fuck her a few times is when you start to sprinkle in the "I have another side to me" sauce.

Hot Sauce that turns into cool ranch after some 'heat' is applied.

EVERYTHING IS CONDIMENTS!

• Upvote 2

Most girls are attracted to the dick approach, but will later open up and enjoy the sensitive side. Just be funny (that's hard for you, I understand), witty (again, I apologize), and follow Sean's advice. Once you fuck her a few times is when you start to sprinkle in the "I have another side to me" sauce.

I'd love to reply to your incredibly hilarious comment, but the posts themselves would resemble the classic "Hello pot, meet kettle" cliche. Have yourself a good night, Zackarius.

lol zac must get all the chicks. you dick.

The "Friend Zone" is an easy trap to get caught up in. The ways to fall into it are already posted on here, so I won't bother to talk about those. There are a few ways to get out of the "Friend Zone":

1) Realize that she may like you as well. I dated a girl a year or two back that I had become best friends with. You have to slowly transition from "friend" to "more" by trying to get one on one dates, by complimenting her (ex.-You look beautiful today. You can't get corny, but when you're friends, things that might seem corny are acceptable.) It took me about a month or so, but I would give small compliments (small ones make a HUGE impact to girls), have more physical contact, and try to be alone with her more. It ended up working out for me, but the relationship fell through and we no longer talk. The biggest downfall to moving out of the "Friend Zone" and into dating is that the friendship can be very awkward or it can completely end as it did in my case.

2) Be there for her through the tough relationships and she will see it. If you become good friends with a girl and end up helping her through the tough breakups and through the douchebag guys, there's a big chance she'll end up becoming attracted to you, but she also won't want to admit it because she might find herself also stuck in the "Friend Zone." If the girl starts to always talk about your good qualities or doesn't date for a while after a relationship you helped her through and she becomes closer to you, she just might be into you. Remember, girls also can feel like they're in the "Friend Zone", so don't be afraid to try to break it. Sometimes all it takes is for her to see that you're interested in her.

Now guys want to be nice to girls, but there's the infamous "Nice guys finish last." This is actually true to some regard. Treating girls like shit is an awful thing to do but it often works. Girls become clingy because they see that you don't need them so they want to make you want/need them. I've actually tested both sides of the equation in regards to how to treat a girl.

When I treated girls with respect, one of three things happened: 1) I fell in the "Friend Zone." 2) I was taken for granted and ended up getting walked all over and taken advantage of. 3) She fell for me and I've had the best relationship yet at nine months and counting. Treating girls well ends up paying off longerm if you want a good, strong, long-lasting relationship.

When I treated girls like shit, one of three things happened: 1) They became almost clingy and wanted more of me because they wanted to make me need them more. I'm still very up and down to how I treat one of my ex's because I find it funny to screw with her, but she's attracted to the way I can be a douchebag and she forgives me for pretty much anything I say and do. 2) They learned to hate me and now try to start shit as often as they can. They never win those battles. 3) They take it as how all guys are and treat me like they do every other guy--normally. Treating girls like shit is a good way to get physical things you may want, and they can lead to relationships, but the girl will end up resenting you and the relationship will fall apart.