Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

OK, so I've done the Main, Civil War, Thieve's Guild, Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold and Companion questlines. What else is there? I'm currently going on the short questline for the Bard's College but I might just start up a 2nd character.

Did you do all of the Daedric Quests?

How do you even start the Daedra quests? I did on in Markath at the haunted house, but that is the only one.

I haven't done ALL the Daedra quests but there is stuff I wanna leave for my 2nd playthrough, which I'm about to start.

You go find their shrines. Basically, go exploring.

There are certain NPCs that will tell you, hey you should go visit this place if you happen to run into said NPCs, but mainly- explore.

I actually just got 100 Smithing so I could make Dragon armor only to find out from my friend that Daedric (level 90) is apparently better than Dragon?

Anyways, how do I get Daedra hearts? I need those to make some Daedric armor. I'm rollin with Ebony right now which is decent, though.

Daedric quests where you slay Daedra Lords. The Shrine of Azura quest gives you like 4 or something. And when you visit the museum in Dawnstar after level 21, that quest will give you 4 as well. You can also buy it from a mage in the College of Winterhold who says "you got the coin?" when you ask to buy.

:lol: Just awesome.

lol, I remember the first time I encountered a giant and it flew me a bazillion feet into the air. Confused the hell out of me.

I have not been launched by a Giant yet. I basically just get pounded into the earth when I fight them.

If you're moving backwards when the kill shot hits, that's when you will be launched. It's a property of their physics engine, basically, he is bouncing you off the surface of the earth, and since he delivered so much force, you fly a long ways. Never mind that humans don't naturally bounce when hit by a club.

Yeah, something like all the excess damage is transferred into momentum, which is why I've sent Giants and Bandits flying with arrows.

What are your guys' stats for the game? Saw some people share elsewhere and figured I'd post here too.

Quests Completed - 90

Misc. Objectives Completed - 65

Main Quests Completed - 17

Side Quests Completed - 11

Companions Quests Completed - 4

College of Winterhold Quests Completed - 9

Thieves' Guild Quests Completed - 11

Dark Brotherhood Quests Completed - 22

Civil War Quests Completed - 9

Daedric Quests Completed - 4

Questlines Completed - 4

People Killed - 646

Animals Killed - 363

Creatures Killed - 147

Undead Killed - 231

Daedra Killed - 16

Automatons Killed - 44

Favorite Waeapon - Elven Battleaze

Starting to get into my 2nd playthrough. I'm a level 10 Orc, just finished up the Imperial Legion side of the Civil War and now I'm bouncing between the Thieve's Guild and College of Winterhold questlines.

53 hours, decent amount of time, not really a lot done:

Quests Completed - 34

Misc. Objectives Completed - 96

Main Quests Completed - 8

Side Quests Completed - 10

Companions Quests Completed - 0

College of Winterhold Quests Completed - 4

Thieves' Guild Quests Completed - 0

Dark Brotherhood Quests Completed - 0

Civil War Quests Completed - 6

Daedric Quests Completed - 6

Questlines Completed - 0

People Killed - 329

Animals Killed - 119

Creatures Killed - 22

Undead Killed - 297

Daedra Killed - 10

Automatons Killed - 0

Favorite Weapon - Valendrung

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218881p1.html

Speaking to Kotaku at the DICE summit in LA last week, Bethesda's Todd Howard has admitted that the publisher was aware of problems with the PS3 version of Skyrim before release, but thought that "only a small percentage" of players would be affected.

"The way our dynamic stuff and our scripting works, it's obvious it gets in situations where it taxes the PS3. And we felt we had a lot of it under control," Howard said, speaking about what he calls the "bad memory situation" on the platform. The intention, he goes on to explain, was to fix the game post-release, after developers noticed problems and were unable to tweak the code enough to solve them in time for the planned release date on 11th November last year.

The fact that people at Bethesda were aware of this so-called "bad memory situation" on PS3 before release and chose to release the game anyway, knowing that a percentage of PS3 players would encounter major problems, is pretty shocking – but the plan to fix things with a patch post-release should have rescued the publisher from controversy if things had gone to plan. When November's patch 1.2 did not fix the game for PS3 players, Bethesda went all-out to solve the problem, getting players to submit their individual save files and studying them prior to the release of patch 1.4 this month.

Howard reckons that PS3 issues should finally be fixed now, but he's cautious in his assertions. "Now that we've been through this, we're not naive enough to say, 'We have seen everything,' because we have to assume we haven't. There are still going to be some people who have to come back to us and say, 'Ok, my situation is this.' [We say:] 'OK, send us your saved game.' We literally need to look at what you have running… We need to open the saved game comes up and look at it."

It's easy to say that Bethesda should have delayed the release of the PlayStation 3 version of Skyrim until the developer was able to fix these known problems, but it's equally easy to see why that didn't happen. From Bethesda's point of view, delaying the release on one platform only could have angered the majority of PS3 gamers more than releasing a game with problems that only a "small percentage" of players would encounter - especially when the assumption was that these problems could be fixed quickly and easily with a post-release patch.

That assumption backfired, of course. It's obvious that Bethesda did not know (and could not have known) the extent of the problem until the game was out in the wild being played by millions of individual players with individual play habits.

"For certain users it literally depends on how they play the game, varied over a hundred hours and literally what spells they use. Did they go in this building?" explains Howard. "It's literally the things you've done in what order and what's running. Some of the things are literally what spells do you have hot-keyed? Because, as you switch to them, they handle memory differently."

I only stopped playing because I have been trying to best Mass Effect 2 and I am not with my PS3 for the next few weeks.

you guys mustve finally stopped playing this stupid game :yep:

Don't be mad at a game because you don't have the mental capacity to play an RPG.

I was still playing Oblivion regularly in the months before Skyrim was released, years after it came out. The same thing will be with Skyrim when the next Elder Scrolls game comes out. There is just too much random shit to do/find for me to stop playing this game.

I still play Skrim, but two things have gotten in the way for a bit.

First of all, what Favre said. KoaR is better. However, KoAR is finished, for now.

Right now I'm setting up my last Shephard to take through ME3 which will be out this Tuesday. I can't wait for it, but I'm just... well. I'm afraid they're going to DA2 ME3, if that makes any sense. Dumb it down to nothing but a shooter. ME2 was good, but it was definitely taken down a notch from RPG. The thing that still made it great was we were dealing with the same characters, I think, but if they go even further in the direction of just a CoD/Gears game set in space, I will be sorely disappointed. Probably will be until Blizzard gets Heart of the Swarm out.

I still play Skrim, but two things have gotten in the way for a bit.

First of all, what Favre said. KoaR is better. However, KoAR is finished, for now.

Right now I'm setting up my last Shephard to take through ME3 which will be out this Tuesday. I can't wait for it, but I'm just... well. I'm afraid they're going to DA2 ME3, if that makes any sense. Dumb it down to nothing but a shooter. ME2 was good, but it was definitely taken down a notch from RPG. The thing that still made it great was we were dealing with the same characters, I think, but if they go even further in the direction of just a CoD/Gears game set in space, I will be sorely disappointed. Probably will be until Blizzard gets Heart of the Swarm out.

From what I understand, ME3 will give you 3 choices for gameplay:

1) A mode for people more interested in the shooter aspects, so it has much shorter cut scenes and the enemies are much tougher.

2) An RPG mode, with more focus on building your character and squad, with average combat difficulty.

3) Story mode (the one I am most excited about). In this mode, you essentially have to try to be killed. It is all about the cut scenes and moving the story forward, with just enough combat to make it fun.

I dunno... If you have to be tried to be killed, I don't know how combat would be fun at all.

I think I will go option 2