Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

2011-2012 NBA Rumors Thread

Is that "the league" in context of David Stern or "the league" in the context of the ownership of the Hornets?!?

The more I think about it, the more willing I am to take Bynum if Dwight is traded. I kind of want more than just a straight up center swap though. The Hornets are getting a package full of players and picks for a small guard with bad knees and we can only get a straight up swap of centers and maybe ship out Hedo for the best big man in the game with no injury history?

I still expect Dwight in Orlando on opening night, just a feeling. The move for Glen Davis was clearly a Dwight-pleaser, the Magic wouldn't have done it if they were planning on turning around and dealing Dwight.

The Celtics are looking at acquiring David West. Ok, I'm interested... :yep:

Suns opened camp... Really excited to see Sebastian Telfair and Shannon Brown :yep:. Looks like we also re-signed Grant Hill, which is awesome.

In other news.. Mikeal Pietrus (sp is wrong, but I care not) failed his physical and the trade we had set up has been cancelled. I really don't want to see him on the court this year...

• Downvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

The Lakers have dropped talks with the Hornets to acquire Chris Paul. Shipped Lamar Odom to Dallas and will use their TE to acquire Dwight Howard. Dallas likely did this to block NJ from acquiring Dwight so that DWill won't re-sign with NJ next season and hopefully come back to his home town of Dallas in free agency.

sam_amick Sam Amick

Source confirms to SI.com that Clippers are backing away from Chris Paul deal due to NBA's demands.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Sources: Clippers were asked to part w/top five trade assets for CP3: Gordon, Minnesota pick, Kaman's expiring contract, Aminu and Bledsoe

Good lord, the NBA wants too much.

WTF????

Per Rotoworld.com:

Kwame Brown has signed a one-year, $7 million contract with the Warriors.

The Warriors are desperate for help inside, but this is just unbelievable. After losing out on Tyson Chandler and DeAndre Jordan, the Warriors have grossly overpaid the former No. 1 overall pick. Golden State will have $16 million committed in salary between Brown and Andris Biedrins this season. Dec 13 - 10:55 AM

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

What the hell....He's not worth all that cash...

:shifty::corn:

This year's NBA training camp is shorter than usual, and this upsets a lot of players who'd like more time to gel with their teammates. It has especially upset Boston's Kevin Garnett, who blessed us with this train wreck of a cooking metaphor during the Celtics' practice today:

Timing is everything. Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you.

Let it be noted that tortillas do, in fact, make everything better. But I'm no chef, so perhaps this doesn't concern me.

H/T @Pflanns, via PBT.

Source: Deadspin.com

Guest Phailadelphia

:rofl:

The Nets, Magic, and Blazers are in on-going talks for a 3-way trade that would send Dwight to Jersey and I think Gerald Wallace to Orlando.

Per PBT:

Report: Magic end all trade talks for Dwight Howard

Kurt Helin Dec 14, 2011, 2:40 PM EST

Do not think for a second this is permanent. But when Christmas Day comes comes Dwight Howard will suit up for the Orlando Magic against the Oklahoma city Thunder.

The Orlando Magic have cut off all trade talks for Howard, according to a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski.

Magic decided to take Dwight Howard off market, ending talks with Nets and the rest of his NBA suitors for now, league sources tell Y!

This echoes the idea that the Magic were in no hurry to make a deal, something Ken Berger at CBSSports.com reported earlier Wednesday. That has always been the Magic’s process here, to be more like the Nuggets with Carmelo Anthony and try to take their time to get him to stay or find the best deal they can.

Consider this the Magic throwing cold water on the process they thought was getting overheated. It happens as the New Jersey Nets were working hard to put together the framework of a three-team deal that also included the Portland Trail Blazers and would have sent Gerald Wallace, Brook Lopez and more (including picks) to the Magic. Portland was to get a number of first-round picks back and the Nets would have gotten the star they needed to pair with Deron Williams.

The Lakers also are supposed to be in the mix for Howard, but would not surrender both Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum. (The Lakers are reportedly using Gasol as part of a package as they try to obtain Chris Paul.)

The other two teams on the list where Howard had said he would sign an extension are Dallas — which does not have the assets to make a trade and would need to sign him as a free agent next summer when they have cap space — and the Magic themselves.

The Magic are trying to slow everything down. The process they can do that with, the rumor mill is another matter. In the end, if they can’t re-sign Howard to an extension (and that is not looking likely) they have to trade him or watch him walk for nothing, just like happened with Shaquille O’Neal. But the Magic have wanted to take their time with this from the start, this move fits in with that.

Per NBA.COM

A person familiar with the situation says veteran guard Richard Hamilton is closing in on a three-year, $15 million deal with the Chicago Bulls.

The person spoke Wednesday afternoon on the condition of anonymity because the contract had not been finalized.

The three-time All-Star cleared waivers as expected after being bought out by Detroit this week, ending a nine-year run in which the Pistons won a championship and regularly made the Eastern Conference finals.

Assuming his deal with the Bulls goes through, Hamilton would join MVP Derrick Rose and give Chicago another scoring option along with the height it was seeking in the backcourt.

Baron Davis was future endeavored by the Cavs.

I wouldn't mind the Lakers taking a look at him.

The Clippers are no longer a joke. They have two superstar players and are a force to be reckoned with. But they obviously are missing some pieces to be a championship team right now. But the way things are set up, the Clippers will be the real hot ticket in LA in a year or two.

Guest Phailadelphia

CP3 and Griffin MIGHT be fun to watch but I'm not sold yet. With their current "core" (Griffin/CP3/DJ) they don't have much perimeter shooting. What are they going to do when teams clog the paint?

Edited by Phailadelphia

The Clippers will always take a back seat to the Lakers. No matter how many all-stars they have. I just can't see a future where the Clippers are the most popular LA basketball team.

Holy shit.. dude is like half of what he was.

He looks skinny as hell for a center but he's still listed at 267. The front court of the Thunder are the skinniest mofos out there but they are as athletic and dangerous as they come.