Sign in to follow this  
R8RNatioN

The Sheriff is deserving...

To be crowned the most pivital and most essential QB and or player in the NFL (hands down). All of the discussions of who was "better" between Brady/Manning/Brees should be gently laid to rest on a comfortable sleep number bed (SET YOUR OWN NUMBER) as the Colts are STILL winless in Mannings absence. The Patriots went 10-6 the year Bradys knee got clobbered by Hali.

It just goes to show how crucial Manning is to the Colts and i'm willing to bet that if any other QB went down for such an extended period of time, his team would still muster atleast a couple of wins by seasons end.

Haven't been on in awhile and didn't see a thread pertaining to this so, if there is one, my appologies

PS: I do not work for and/or advertise in relation to Sleep number beds

I don't disagree. I think it's painfully obvious that Peyton had more control and influence with his offense than Brady did. This argument is old and tiring though. There are arguments for both sides and you're probably going to hear all of the same ones we have the past few years if the thread lasts for a while.

The Patriots went 10-6 the year Bradys knee got clobbered by Hali.

That was Bernard Pollard and they went 11-5 :p

• Upvote 1

Some have argued in the past that Manning has always had a very talented team. He's had a potential HOF WR for most of his career and one of the leagues best RBs in EDGE. He's had several weapons in recent years with Wayne and Clark. Now we see though, that he was the one and only piece that was capable of running that show. The one capable of managing all that talent and improving their games.

He makes the team better and is arguably the most valuable player we've seen this decade. I personally miss watching Manning play. It's a thing of beauty to watch him running that offense.

• Upvote 1

Manning was a regular season machine. We've had this debate a thousand times. Also, like Trident said, it was Bernard "Bone Crusher" Pollard (a safety) that fucked Brady's knee and they went 11-5 without him.

Manning wouldn't be able to fix that D. Sure the Colts would have some wins but I doubt they would be in playoff contention right now with how poorly that D has played.

The Colts offense supported the D though. They were built for pass-rush and turnovers while playing with the lead. The pass rush has been non-existent and consequently the turnovers haven't been there either. Not just that but you can't tell me Peyton not playing for the team hasn't had some mental effect on the defense as well as the offense. Do you really think they have the same confidence playing with Curtis Painter or Dan Orlovsky on the field? I'm sure the lack of side-line presence has had an effect on them mentally as well.

the only problem with this argument is that I don't think anyone would disagree with the assertion that Bill Belichick is far better than Jim Caldwell and the head coach has everything to do with how a team reacts to losing their starting QB

Is the argument that Peyton is really that good? Or that Caldwell / Painter are just really that bad?!

This team, with or without Peyton should NOT be 0 - 1X

the only problem with this argument is that I don't think anyone would disagree with the assertion that Bill Belichick is far better than Jim Caldwell and the head coach has everything to do with how a team reacts to losing their starting QB

The thing is, the Colts haven't had a legit coach since Dungy IMO. All Caldwell had to do when he took over was let Peyton run/call/coordinate the offense while he sits on the sideline collecting a paycheck lol

A coach has something to do with it to an extent (given the team and surrounding players) but, the players themselves are paid (hefty) to execute. The case with the Pats when Brady went down is that they just clearly had a better team and could survive without him, where as the Colts dissolve into thin air while we the fans get stuck watching the other Manning make dozens of retarded, dumbfounded and "oops, it feels like i shit my pants" faces week in and week out

Is the argument that Peyton is really that good? Or that Caldwell / Painter are just really that bad?!

This team, with or without Peyton should NOT be 0 - 1X

I agree with you here.

The team still has talented players. The fact that they haven't been able to win ONE game, even against mediocre teams, is proof of just how bad Caldwell is.

Caldwell took over for Dungy because of race. Nobody is thick enough to deny that.

Anyway, Peyton Manning means a lot to the Colts, but it's not like they haven't had years to put pieces around him. This team should have been competitive, and that's all there is to it.

Caldwell took over for Dungy because of race. Nobody is thick enough to deny that.

You're right, it couldn't be because he was the Colts QB coach and assistant head coach for 8 years. Nope. Bill Polian just loves him some black men.

You're right, it couldn't be because he was the Colts QB coach and assistant head coach for 8 years. Nope. Bill Polian just loves him some black men.

Shotgun's correct. This had nothing to do with race, it was simply that Dungy was grooming him to be his replacement, and everyone knew that.

It's not like they picked him out of the blue.

It's more a nepotism thing than a race thing.