AL_Royalty

2012 Coaching Carousel

Childress could end up as the Bucs' offensive coordinator on Sherman's staff if he's hired in Tampa, according to sources.

Looks like Sherman is tied with Childress. Not so sure how much I would like this...

Per NFL.com:

Childress could join Bucs' staff as offensive coordinator

By Jason La Canfora NFL Network

NFL Network Insider

Published: Jan. 8, 2012 at 11:57 a.m. Updated: Jan. 8, 2012 at 01:29 p.m.

Former Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress will interview with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a coaching position Monday, according to a league source.

Childress joins Mike Sherman and Jerry Gray as coaches who have interviewed with the Bucs since Raheem Morris was fired. Numerous league sources expect Sherman to ultimately land the job, and a decision could come this week.

Childress could end up as the Bucs' offensive coordinator on Sherman's staff if he's hired in Tampa, according to sources. Childress also is under consideration for the Cleveland Browns' offensive coordinator position..

McClain_on_NFL (John McClain):

The Texans have given Tampa Bay permission to interview defensive coordinator Wade Phillips for their vacant head coaching job.

Why? He wasn't successful in Dallas where they had a lot of talent. What makes the Glazers think he'd succeed in Tampa? He is a great DC, but not a HC.

@McClain_on_NFL (John McClain):

Phillips should interview with Bucs Friday. "I'm gratified somebody noticed. I don't want to leave Hst but I want 2 b a head coach."

@McClain_on_NFL (John McClain):

Phillips: "We'll talk and see how much interest (Bucs) have in me."

Marty Ball getting an interview tomorrow with the Bucs...

@mortreport (Chris Mortensen):

Marty Schottenheimer, with 200 regular season wins - his last a 14-2 record in '07 w Chargers - will interview with #Bucs Tues. #NFL32

NFL Network just said that Romeo Crennel is the Cheifs new coach

NFL Network just said that Romeo Crennel is the Cheifs new coach

Confirmed, they signed him to a three-year contract.

According to Bernie Miklasz of 101ESPN and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the St. Louis Rams have asked for permission to talk to Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden about their head coach opening.

Source: The Redzone

The coaching search of the Miami Dolphins will continue with Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer. The Dolphins interviewed Zimmer on Monday, according to a league source. The Bengals were eliminated from the playoffs this past Saturday, allowing Zimmer to interview for positions. Numerous league sources still expect former Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher to choose the St. Louis Rams over the Dolphins when picking his next job. The Dolphins have interviewed Fisher, Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, Chicago Bears special teams coordinator Dave Toub and interim coach Todd Bowles.

Source: NFL.com

The Rams have requested permission to interview Bengals OC Jay Gruden for their head-coaching vacancy.

The Rams are getting antsy as they wait for Jeff Fisher to decide whether to be their next head coach, as Gruden is the second new candidate to pop up in the past 16 hours. He is also the first offensive coach the Rams have expressed interest in. Lauded for his work with rookie QB Andy Dalton this season, Gruden has just one year of experience as an NFL coordinator. He would bring a West Coast offense back to St. Louis. Sam Bradford played his rookie year in Pat Shurmur's similar scheme.

Related: Bengals

Source: Bernie Miklasz on Twitter

A league source tells ESPN 101 St. Louis' Tony Softli the Rams "won't be held hostage" waiting for Jeff Fisher to make a decision about where he'll coach in 2012.

The Rams are already being held hostage by Fisher, but may be trying to turn up the heat on the former Titans coach by scheduling an interview with Broncos DC Dennis Allen. Apparently struggling to decide between the Rams and Dolphins, Fisher is expected to reach a decision within the next 48 hours.

Source: Tony Softli on Twitter

@JasonLaCanfora (Jason La Canfora):

Jay Gruden will not be interviewing for head coaching jobs. Very happy in Cincy. Rams and Jags wanted to talk him. #insideslant

Raiders have fired Hue Jackson

What the hell?

Why?

What the hell?

Why?

BucD said Hue had some kind of meltdown... I assume when he met with the new GM?! Not sure on any details.

BucD said Hue had some kind of meltdown... I assume when he met with the new GM?! Not sure on any details.

I saw the "meltdown" by Hue on Twitter...was after he was fired...

EDIT:

part of said "meltdown"...

“He’s going to gut this place,” Jackson told Henry Wofford of CSNBayArea.com. “He [McKenzie] wants to bring in his own guys. No job is safe right now.”

EDIT #2: (lawl)

See more of "meltdown" from @HenryWoffordCSN on Twitter...

Edited by BucD

I saw the "meltdown" by Hue on Twitter...was after he was fired...

My bad...

Regardless.. Reggie probably just wants to do things his way. He is the GM after all, and in the end.. if the team fails.. It comes back on him.

Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Marty Schottenheimer interviewed with the Bucs today and both sides came away impressed with the other. -- NFLSTROUD (@NFLSTROUD)

Awesome

The Jacksonville Jaguars have hired Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey as head coach, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

@MikeLupocaSN (Mike Lupoca):

#Bucs are closing in on Marty Schottenheimer, according to source. #NFL

:pray:

Edited by BucD

Don't put much faith in that source, but I do like Schefter saying Brian won't come with Marty if he gets the job. For me, that closes the deal. 100% behind Martyball if his son isn't a package deal.

Don't put much faith in that source, but I do like Schefter saying Brian won't come with Marty if he gets the job. For me, that closes the deal. 100% behind Martyball if his son isn't a package deal.

To be fair though...with how quiet the Glazer family is/operates...you can't put too much stock in any source...