Sign in to follow this  
Plax 4 Prez

Your Playoff Predictions!!

My Picks

:AFC:

AFC East: 1st Seed :Patriots:

AFC North: 2nd Seed :Ravens:

AFC South: 3rd Seed :Texans:

AFC West: 4th Seed :Broncos: (based on remaining schedule, and I'm not sold on the Raiders or Chargers)

Wild Card 1: 5th Seed :Steelers:

Wild Card 2: 6th Seed :Raiders: (sorry, Jets.. but I don't see you beating a pissed off Giants team, and a Dolphins team that is playing hot)

Round 1

:Raiders: over :Texans:

:Steelers: over :Broncos:

Round 2

:Patriots: over :Raiders:

:Ravens: over :Steelers:(only b/c I have no clue if Ben can make it through this post-season)

AFC Championship Game

:Patriots: over the :Ravens:

:NFC:

NFC North:1st Seed :Packers:

NFC South: 2nd Seed :Saints:

NFC West: 3rd Seed :49ers:

NFC East: 4th Seed :Giants:

Wild Card 1: :Falcons:

Wild Card 2: :Lions:

Round 1:

:49ers: over :Lions:

:Falcons: over :Giants::mad:

Round 2:

:Packers: over :Falcons:

:Saints: over :49ers:

NFC Championship Game

:Packers: over :Saints:

Super Bowl:

:Patriots: 24 :Packers: 42

Rants, Raves, and comments???

Edited by Plax 4 Prez

I don't know if the Pats can win in the playoffs, especially against the Steelers or Ravens. The Broncos, Texans and any of the wild cards would be taken care of handily by them I'm sure. I do think the Packers are walking away with the championship. That loss to the Chiefs is gonna make them a better team for the postseason.

1. :Patriots:

2. :Ravens:

3. :Texans:

4. :Broncos: I want to believe. I really do.

5. :Steelers:

6. :Jets: Because the Jets have the head to head record over the Chargers if they both finish 9-7, and the Bengals and Titans won't convolute that any further.

Wild-Card Round

:Jets: > :Texans:

:Steelers: > :Broncos:

Divisonal Round

:Jets: > :Patriots:

:Ravens: > :Steelers:

Conference Final

:Ravens: > :Jets:

1. :Packers:

2. :Saints:

3. :49ers:

4. :Cowboys:

5. :Falcons:

6. :Seahawks:

Wild-Card Round

:49ers: > :Seahawks:

:Falcons: > :Cowboys: (This will be a great game)

Divisional Round

:Packers: > :Falcons:

:Saints: > :49ers:

Conference Championship

:Packers: > :Saints:

Superb Owl

:Packers: 34

:Ravens: 20

Hey Razor, no faith in the Raiders taking that 6th spot over the Jets?

The Superb Owl, Razor? Sounds like the name of a pub.

The Ravens won't beat the Steelers a third time this season.

I doubt many Steeler fans would have said they beat them two times. With a possibly injured Ben, the Ravens would be my pick in a game between those two, especially since it would be at Baltimore almost certainly.

4. :Broncos:

6. :Bengals:

Wild-Card Round

:Texans: > :Bengals:

:Broncos: > :Steelers:

Divisonal Round

:Ravens: > :Texans:

:Patriots: > :Broncos:

Conference Final

:Patriots: > :Ravens:

2. :49ers:

3. :Saints:

4. :Giants:

5. :Lions:

6. :Falcons:

Wild-Card Round

:Saints: > :Falcons:

:Lions: > :Giants:

Divisional Round

:Packers: > :Lions:

Conference Championship

:Saints: > :Packers:

Super Bowl

:Saints: 30

:Patriots: 27

Edited by Thanatos19

Too lazy to to predict seedings and all that other crap, so I'll just cut to the chase. :yep:

Super Bowl:

:Falcons: 21

:Texans: 17

The prophet has spoken.

Hey Razor, no faith in the Raiders taking that 6th spot over the Jets?

They may beat the Chiefs, but they aren't beating the Chargers.

The Ravens won't beat the Steelers a third time this season.

Normally, I would agree with that comment, but Ben is getting killed out there, and can't get his all in his throws. Plus it will be in Baltimore, and there's a good chance they'll get a 1st round bye, but ya never know

They may beat the Chiefs, but they aren't beating the Chargers.

I don't know which Chargers team will show up for that game, lol. The good Rivers, or 3 ints Rivers. Their defense is shaky, and the Raiders have a good rushing attack, especially for Dec. and Jan weather. Your probably right, but ya never know

Edited by Plax 4 Prez

I don't know which Chargers team will show up for that game, lol. The good Rivers, or 3 ints Rivers. Their defense is shaky, and the Raiders have a good rushing attack, especially for Dec. and Jan weather. Your probably right, but ya never know

It's December/January in the regular season. Therefore, the good Rivers will show up for that game.

Too lazy to to predict seedings and all that other crap, so I'll just cut to the chase. :yep:

Super Bowl:

:Falcons: 21

:Texans: 17

The prophet has spoken.

Both teams are going to lose their first playoff game. LOL

For Pete's sake, are people buying into Atlanta again? lol

For Pete's sake, are people buying into Atlanta again? lol

I'm sold on them in Atlanta, not on the road... Especially on the road in a outdoor stadium's in Dec/Jan

Edited by Plax 4 Prez

Atlanta ends their season with two divisional matchups. They're going to lose the first one, but should beat an LOLworthy Tampa Bay team, but who knows? They could lose out and miss the playoffs altogether. I'm ot doing playoff picks til we know the seeds.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Atlanta ends their season with two divisional matchups. They're going to lose the first one, but should beat an LOLworthy Tampa Bay team, but who knows? They could lose out and miss the playoffs altogether. I'm ot doing playoff picks til we know the seeds.

Next season I'll do the weekly predictions thread each and every week again and keep score. Remember when I had that b4? Worked out pretty good. Maybe I'll do a playoff pool this year

I'm not doing the whole playoffs...

AFC Championship: Texans vs Steelers

NFC Championship: Packers vs Saints

SB: Packers over Steelers

Pats defense just sucks so much. I have no idea why everyone is on our bandwagon.

Packers won't beat the Steelers again.

We won because of our D last year. We don't have a D that can win games anymore.

We won because of our D last year. We don't have a D that can win games anymore.

Both teams are going to lose their first playoff game. LOL

Not Houston. They are more than capable of beating a wild-card team in their own stadium. It depends on which one it is, though. If its Pitt or San Diego, forget it. If its the Jets/Bengals/Raiders then they have a good shot.

Also Green Bay isn't repeating as NFC Champs. The Saints will keep them out, or San Fran. Defense wins championships, Green Bay's D is too shaky. Unless it tightens up.

It's different for the Patriots, though they are similar teams. They have a shot just because the AFC is not really as good as the NFC contenders.

We have Baltimore, who is led by Joe Flacco who could singlehandedly throw the game away, not to mention a defense that isn't nearly as strong as it used to be. If Rivers can exploit them for 34, then Brady can too.

Pittsburgh led by an injured Ben Roethlisberger.

Denver who already showed they can't beat the Pats in Mile High.

Cincy doesn't have the talent to hang with them.

Houston, I don't think can put up enough points to take advantage of that shaky D.

The Jets are always a question mark. If Sanchez plays well, they can upset them, but the reverse is also true.

San Diego and Oakland probably won't manage to sneak in, and only the Chargers would pose a serious threat to the Pats in any case.

New England might just make it because of the (lack of) quality in their opponents. Then all they need is one good game to take the whole thing. They just need to be the better team for that week, not for the entire time. Like when the Giants beat them to stop their perfect season. New York wasn't the better team overall, just the better team on that day. That's all you need to be.

Plus, they will have homefield throughout the AFC playoffs, and I'm never counting a Brady-led team out when they're playing in their house.

Edited by Thanatos19

I'll wait until the seeds are finalized before I do the whole big picture, but here is my Superbowl prediction:

:Steelers: 27

:Saints: 24

Yeah, but the Steelers had a healthier team last year, and you guys were missing a lot of key players that you now have back. Even though the defense isn't as good, as a whole the Packers are better this year then last year.

Yeah, but the Steelers had a healthier team last year, and you guys were missing a lot of key players that you now have back. Even though the defense isn't as good, as a whole the Packers are better this year then last year.

Which won't matter because they won't be in the Superbowl in the first place. :p

Also Green Bay isn't repeating as NFC Champs. The Saints will keep them out, or San Fran. Defense wins championships, Green Bay's D is too shaky. Unless it tightens up.

I'd like to hear your reasoning here. You say GB's defense is too shaky but the Saints' D is even worse. The Saints' D has allowed more points and has fewer turnovers. Brees will have to play in Lambeau, the worst weather conditions the Saints have played in all season was in Tennessee. I could see the 49ers cause their D is good, but can they cover 4 guys? If Rodgers and the offense scores, can Alex Smith respond?

I'd like to hear your reasoning here. You say GB's defense is too shaky but the Saints' D is even worse. The Saints' D has allowed more points and has fewer turnovers. Brees will have to play in Lambeau, the worst weather conditions the Saints have played in all season was in Tennessee. I could see the 49ers cause their D is good, but can they cover 4 guys? If Rodgers and the offense scores, can Alex Smith respond?

All of this is of course, my opinion.

First, San Fran. They are built to beat a team like Green Bay. The defense will have to keep Rodgers and the Pack from putting up 21+ points, which they are more than capable of, the run-game keeps him off the field, and you have a tailor-built team to take out a team that relies on their high-powered offense. I see San Fran as being a team that can take either New Orleans or Green Bay to the wire.

The Saints, I guess I simply trust their defense to be more opportune. I'm not sure I can give you a solid reason, just more of a gut instinct here. Plus, the last few weeks the Saints D has been stepping it up. With Green Bay stumbling a little, Jennings may or may not be 100% come playoff time, and the key injuries to the offensive line... basically I saw the NFC as Green Bay's to lose, nearly as a lock a few weeks back, and now they're leaving the door open.

In no way am I saying the Packers have no shot, or even saying they don't have a good shot at going to the Superbowl again. I just would take New Orleans or San Fran over them at this current moment in a head-to-head matchup. Not even saying that the Saints or Niners are better teams, just that I think they would beat Green Bay in a matchup.

4. :Chargers: Yes, I believe

6. :Jets:

2. :49ers:

3. :Saints:

4. :Eagles:

5. :Falcons:

6. :Lions:

:AFC: Wild Card Round

:Jets: < :Texans:

:Chargers: > :Steelers:

:NFC: Wild Card Round

:Saints: > :Lions:

:Falcons: > :Eagles:

:AFC: Divisional Round

:Patriots: > :Chargers:

:Ravens: > :Texans: (Worst Playoff QB matchup of all time)

:NFC: Divisional Round

:Packers: > :Falcons:

:AFC: Championship

:Patriots: > :Ravens:

:NFC: Championship

:Packers: < :Saints:

Da SuperBallz

:Patriots: > :Saints:

43-40

:yep:

Edited by BlackMamba

4. :Chargers:

6. :Raiders:

Is that even possible? They play each other in week 17. If the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos end in a 3-way tie at 8-8, Oakland, not San Diego, takes the division. At least, that's what I thought. And then Denver would take the 6th spot.