Favre4Ever

Matt Flynn Sets Packers Record For Passing Yards and TDs In Season Finale

What's crazy is if Aaron played that whole game and had the statistics Flynn had he'd have

51 TD, 5123 yds, and a 68.49% completion percentage. Would be the single season passing TD leader, would have broken Marino's single season passing yards record (but not Brees) and would not have broken any records for completion percentage. And he still would have set the record for single season passer rating.

I bet Rodgers sort of wishes he played so he could have that record lmao.

I think it's funny- in the Brady/Rodgers debate, the Packers fans were saying Aaron was better because Brady was the product of a system- and said to look at what Cassel did in that same system.

But we can't use that same argument against Rodgers when Flynn goes crazy like he did?

They're both products of a system *and* they're both incredible quarterbacks.

What thread are you talking about? The main Rodgers / Brady that is still in my mind is this one

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54649-qb-switch-bradyrodgers-who-plays-better/page__hl__%2Bbrady+%2Brodgers

In which case the word "system" does not appear once in the entire thread from what I can see, much less from a Packers fan.

And in that case... you'd be blatantly lying. I will, however give you the benefit of the doubt and let you back up your claim.

Here are some other recent Rodgers threads that may or may not help you.

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53214-aaron-rodgers-the-best-passer-in-nfl-history/page__p__2356299__hl__%2Bbrady+%2Brodgers__fromsearch__1#entry2356299

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52503-top-10-qbs-in-the-nfl/page__hl__%2Bbrady+%2Brodgers__st__20

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50695-rodgers-not-in-same-class-as-brady-manning-brees/page__p__2337133__hl__%2Bbrady+%2Brodgers__fromsearch__1#entry2337133

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55680-07-brady-vs-11-rodgers/page__p__2373492__hl__%2Bbrady+%2Brodgers__fromsearch__1#entry2373492

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=45&t=56360&qpid=2378564

I think that last one is best because... I make a clear distinction in what is being discussed. There is a difference between a QB playing in a system, just like every QB does... The best ones and the worst ones. And actually being dependent on that system.

Obviously I'm not the only one who remembers that being brought up.

Perhaps it was in the shoutbox.

But I distinctly recall that being one of the arguments about why Rodgers was better than Brady.

But I distinctly recall that being one of the arguments about why Rodgers was better than Brady.

No... they +'d you because they didn't figure you would just make things up and that it would be a good point... If it was true.

All this talk about Brady and Rodgers being system quarterback to me anyway is funny because isn't that the whole idea of getting a good QB? To build a system around them with capable pieces at WR, TE, RB etc as it means that it provides the team and owners with the wins that they desire but it also means that the QB's and players around them will progress into stars.

Take a look at Rivers he is a good QB but isn't able to claim what he should in a superbowl ring like Brady and Rodgers have because the organisations haven't given him the tools in a line and legit supporting cast around him where as the over two have them to become stars.

All three are epic QB's the system QB argument to me seems flawed.

+1.

That's how successful teams are successful. They get a good QB and build a system around them to be successful. That way god forbid if their QB goes down, their backup has something good to work with.

A perfect example of a not system QB is Peyton Manning. He was their offense and now that he's gone they're 2-14. If Painter had something decent to work with I'm sure they'd have gotten 4 wins at least (Curtis is still bad).

You said Rivers that's another good example. However he does have Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Gates, and Ryan Matthews. He doesn't have much room for excuses. He's just not as good as everyone thinks.

I remember it too, just don't remember where it happened.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I remember it too, just don't remember where it happened.

You're the king of search.. If anybody is going to find this ghost thread, It's you.

You're the king of search.. If anybody is going to find this ghost thread, It's you.

Tried, Failed. So it had to have been a conversation in the shoutbox.

Tried, Failed. So it had to have been a conversation in the shoutbox.

If it's an opinion that one truly possesses... Would there not be a one post... somewhere in 5 years of being a member?

I remember it as well. I think it was in the shoutbox.

Your trolling is bad. You can only go to the well so many times... lol

I'm not trolling, though.

Ya see... It's funny when Vin does it. Because he hasn't made his living on TGP by stirring the pot. :p.

Sit back... relaz... and take lessons from the pros.

Ya see... It's funny when Vin does it. Because he hasn't made his living on TGP by stirring the pot. :p.

Sit back... relaz... and take lessons from the pros.

Vin's not trolling, either. You can disagree with us all you want, but telling us we're trolling doesn't make it so.

The Rodgers vs. Brady discussion was in the shoutbox, I'm 90 % sure.

Edited by BayAreaBomber
  • Upvote 1

I also remember something about it in the shoutbox.

• Upvote 1

He's gonna get paid.

See Kevin Kolb 2011

Kinda diff since Kolb was traded.

I think he might be a good fit in Denver.

He went out there and made himself a ton of money. Maybe he wont get a ridiculous contract like Kolb because teams can say he didn't play as much BUT he definitely increased his potential pay as a FA by far. Good for him. Guys gotta make the most of their playing time, especially back ups.

• Upvote 1

He went out there and made himself a ton of money. Maybe he wont get a ridiculous contract like Kolb because teams can say he didn't play as much BUT he definitely increased his potential pay as a FA by far. Good for him. Guys gotta make the most of their playing time, especially back ups.

No kidding. It will be interesting to see how he does on a team like Seattle. I actually think he would fit in really nicely in Buffalo or New York as well. Buffalo will need to get out of that terrible deal they signed Fitzy to, though.

No kidding. It will be interesting to see how he does on a team like Seattle. I actually think he would fit in really nicely in Buffalo or New York as well. Buffalo will need to get out of that terrible deal they signed Fitzy to, though.

Buffalo is going to have a very bitter pill to swallow in order to get rid of Fitz after that epic over payment. I feel like Seattle is convinced they can win with T-Jackson.

Cause Brady doesn't benefit from that offensive o-line, or having Welerk, Gronk, and Hernandez?

Brady does have great weapons, but they are in no way as good as Green Bay's. Welker's a great receiver but he isn't the same deep threat or vertical guy as Nelson or Jennings. He's a dominant receiver but he isn't the same type of option. Obviously Welker has a better TE group, but he also has a weaker rest of a receiving cast. Branch is good enough to make plays but he's definitely not nearly as fast or shifty as I'd like, Ocho is virtually nonexistent, Edelman is playing defense, and Underwood...wait, where is he again?

the difference is Cassel did well for a full season, Flynn went crazy in one game against the 22nd pass defense

Cassel isn't by any means an elite QB, but he hasn't done terrible in KC. I'd never say he's a top 10 QB but he's definitely a lower tier starter. It's not like the Patriots had a shitty guy throwing and helping the Patriots go 11-5. They had a decent, game-managing guy.

Cassel isn't by any means an elite QB, but he hasn't done terrible in KC. I'd never say he's a top 10 QB but he's definitely a lower tier starter. It's not like the Patriots had a shitty guy throwing and helping the Patriots go 11-5. They had a decent, game-managing guy.

He had a nice season last year... Honestly, better than I ever expected him to. But he was still under 60% completion and under 7 YPA. So yes... While a very nice year.. It was still kinda... Meh. Although his TD:INT and his keenness in not turning the ball over was very much improved.

But other than last year... He has been very underwhelming as a starter. I am not sure what you mean by lower tier... but I definitely think he is below average.

As far as Flynn goes... Depending on location of his arrival in FA... I fully expect him... in his first year as a starter to eclipse anything Cassel has done in Kansas City.

I would expect... at the VERY least... 63%+, 3500 yards, 25 TD, 10-12 INT, and a YPA of about 7.5 and higher.

Brady does have great weapons, but they are in no way as good as Green Bay's. Welker's a great receiver but he isn't the same deep threat or vertical guy as Nelson or Jennings. He's a dominant receiver but he isn't the same type of option. Obviously Welker has a better TE group, but he also has a weaker rest of a receiving cast. Branch is good enough to make plays but he's definitely not nearly as fast or shifty as I'd like, Ocho is virtually nonexistent, Edelman is playing defense, and Underwood...wait, where is he again?

You guys don't really work down the field nearly as much as Green Bay does... Welker is a much better fit for what you guys do. Look at what he has done since coming to NE. They've really squeezed every ounce of talent out of him since his arrival.

The Packers, on the other hand.. THRIVE on the deep ball. One of many reason we lost to Kansas City is because we could not get anything deep. I think there may have been one big play on our side all game long.. And we are used to 5...6...7 big plays to carry our offense.

We couldn't get the same production out of Welker that you guys do... And I'd be pretty shocked if you guys fed Nelson the ball to the tune of 1200 yards and 15 TD like we have this year.

Edited by Favre4Ever