Wee-Bey

NBA 2012 Game Thread

I think it's time for the Lakers to relegate Kobe to a lesser role or try to get him more involved off the ball or in catch and shoot situations for easier buckets. He's been in a pretty serious decline over the last 2 months as he racks up all these minutes (leading the league there). 20%-30% shooting nights are becoming more and more common.

Yet he still makes the ones that count.

Guest Phailadelphia

This gif pretty much sums up what happened in OKC today:

551519572.gif

He puts them in the situation to have to make the one that counts too by shooting them out of games.

Edited by Phailadelphia

This gif pretty much sums up what happened in OKC today:

551519572.gif

He puts them in the situation to have to make the one that counts too by shooting them out of games.

Dude, that had to hurt when the ball hit the rim first. I'd think that'd jam a shoulder from as far away as he was.

Not all that much lately. He'll make some bigtime highlight clutch plays, but he has a lot of goofs late too. People just don't talk about it as much.

Yeah Kobe had a really awful game yesterday against the Hornets which led to him having to hit that three...still super clutch though.

But yeah, with Sessions now Kobe shouldn't be hoisting up the same bad shots. We have a pretty good team around him now.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Not all that much lately. He'll make some bigtime highlight clutch plays, but he has a lot of goofs late too. People just don't talk about it as much.

Because he still has his team in the top 5 in the West.

What domination in Boston today. Celtics just completely took over in the third and never let go. It's a happy Sunday in one Miami household today :D

With Philly struggling and a 5 game win streak, we've taken the 4th seed again. Say what you will about us but no one wants us early and healthy in the playoffs.

Oh and Westbrook just earned the dunk of the year. Holy shit.

Suns have the Hornets tonight.. Gotta battle for that last playoff spot. Losing isn't an option :nope:

Losing Grant Hill, arguably our best defender, definitely won't make it easy.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Do you like how Dragic has played in Kyle's absence?

I want to lock him up. He's too special of a player to let pass. He won't start ahead of Kyle at PG, but I think Kyle could play SG kinda like Ridnour does in Minny when Rubio is healthy. They can both lead the fast break and dish, and Goran is a better shooter in terms of consistency, while Kyle drains big time shots like crazy. I'd love to have them both on the floor at the end of games.

Guest Phailadelphia

Er...Dragic is pretty good but using the term "special" is probably a little egregious.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Lol at the Suns trading away Dragic and now have no one to replace Steve Nash.

Er...Dragic is pretty good but using the term "special" is probably a little egregious.

I'm basing my use of that word on the development I've seen from his days in Phoenix to now. He's much better, has a much better shooting touch, is a GREAT defender, and he's dishing the ball a lot more now, too.

• Upvote 1

I'm basing my use of that word on the development I've seen from his days in Phoenix to now. He's much better, has a much better shooting touch, is a GREAT defender, and he's dishing the ball a lot more now, too.

He didn't really have that many opportunities behind Steve Nash as far as playing time was concerned. But he showed a lot of potential in his limited action on the court. I was upset when we traded him. He's just kind of coming into his own now and I am only more upset.

I hope it's not just me but I haven't read this whole thread either.

The Celtics are gun go far.

Guest Phailadelphia

For the first time ever, the Thunder are the #1 team in power rankings! Let's get the playoffs started pleeeeease!

I think Memphis is the toughest foe in OKC's path in the Western Conference. Took them to seven games last year and just went in their house and beat them Monday night without Conley. Can definitely play them well in the playoffs and if I had to pick a team most likely to upset them they would be it.

Also Kobe with another clutch shot last night. Nothing new. :rock:

• Upvote 1

I think Memphis is the toughest foe in OKC's path in the Western Conference. Took them to seven games last year and just went in their house and beat them Monday night without Conley. Can definitely play them well in the playoffs and if I had to pick a team most likely to upset them they would be it.

Also Kobe with another clutch shot last night. Nothing new. :rock:

I think Memphis is going to give OKC another 7 game series, wherever they meet. Damn, they are good. They have 4 bigs who can play as well as good wing players that are decent shooters (except Allen, but his defense is worth it). What a team, man. I love watching Memphis play.

• Upvote 1

Magic on a 4 game losing streak, we're getting hit so hard with injuries it is tough to take. I was amazed we managed to make a game last night without Dwight, Anderson and Nelson. Even if it was Detroit.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm more scared of the Spurs than Memphis.

The Spurs are flying under the radar. It's amazing what Pop has done with the team and how deep they are after acquiring Jackson and Diaw. They are still too small so Memphis could beat them again. Think it's going to come down to a OKC-SA WCF.

Guest Phailadelphia

If SAS has to go through Memphis or LAL to get to the WCF, I'm not betting any money on them. Both of those teams present matchup problems.

• Upvote 1

I'm more scared of the Spurs than Memphis.

Yeah, I think SAS presents bigger matchup problems for OKC, but Memphis isn't going to lose to San Antonio in the playoffs. Allen will take Ginobili out of the game and Memphis has Marc, Randolph, Speights, and Haddadi (Ha or Ga? I can't remember) to throw at Duncan and they're too big for Blair. It's not like the Spurs can get one of them in foul trouble when they're that deep.

Quick question: does anyone else think the Bobcats are tanking? I started wondering that after the seeming lack of effort they put in tonight vs. Atlanta.

Edited by BigBen07

Guest Phailadelphia

The Bobcats aren't good enough to make the decision whether or not to tank.

The Bobcats aren't good enough to make the decision whether or not to tank.

LOL OK. I was just curious given their current 7-45 record.