Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

DeSean Jackson's future in Philly?

Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News does not see free agent DeSean Jackson back with the Eagles.

Domowitch isn't reporting here, just speculating. He sees the Eagles moving to more two-tight end sets next year and giving LeSean McCoy even more touches. Jackson's attitude and lack of production certainly wouldn't be missed, but his game-changing speed would. The franchise tag, expected to be around $9.4 million for wideouts, remains an option.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

This guy is just speculating, but he doesn't see Jackson coming back next year. Do you guys think the Eagles will bring him back or let him test the FA waters? Would be a pretty big name if he were to hit the market.

Big name but how much money would he really get on the market? I think that we franchise him, he is too valuable to let go but he is not going to get the kind of Larry Fitzgerald deal that he wants and seems to think he deserves. And I doubt any team would give him that money either.

honestly, they'd probably be best off to let him test free agency, there's a chance someone gives him a huge deal, but he'll much more likely be humbled by the offers he gets and they might be able to bring him back cheaper

I don't want his bitch attitude on this team. I don't care how talented he is. He proved beyond a shaddow of a doubt this year that he's a punk. Happy trails DeSean. Find somebody else to pay for your diva attitude and timid play.

LOL at Andy Reid giving an RB more touches. He really ought to, but is it in his nature?

Eh, he fucked himself out of that "pay day" he wanted with that little bitch Lamar Odom-esque attitude. He's fast as fuck, yes. But then what?

Guest Phailadelphia

He'll go to Carolina to play with Killa Cam and Justin Blackmon imo.

I don't want his bitch attitude on this team. I don't care how talented he is. He proved beyond a shaddow of a doubt this year that he's a punk. Happy trails DeSean. Find somebody else to pay for your diva attitude and timid play.

If we let him go we badly need a replacement wideout, either through the draft or FA because Avant and Cooper are not viable number two options and Steve Smith is likely gone.

Alshon Jeffery and Michael Floyd appear to be the top wideouts who would be available around our draft position.

He'll go to Carolina to play with Killa Cam and Justin Blackmon imo.

You think the Panthers can get Blackmon and will trade up for him? Or that he'll slide all the way to #8?

I think that it will be better financially for HIM to let the Eagles franchise him. I can't really see him getting much more than $4.5 million/yr after he showed his attitude this season and did virtually nothing on the field.

After the act he put on all year about his contract, then the fact that his performance was in the gutters, I don't see him back. Especially with the fact that they have a guy who could potentially be a stud at #1 WR in Maclin. They could get some depth after the loss of Jackson in the 3rd or 4th round for a WR this year too.

Guest Phailadelphia

You think the Panthers can get Blackmon and will trade up for him? Or that he'll slide all the way to #8?

It only makes sense. Cam needs more weapons.

It only makes sense. Cam needs more weapons.

No, Cam needs a better defense.

Big name but how much money would he really get on the market? I think that we franchise him, he is too valuable to let go but he is not going to get the kind of Larry Fitzgerald deal that he wants and seems to think he deserves. And I doubt any team would give him that money either.

No one is going to give him Steve Smith money, let alone Fitz money. They guy is in no way too valuable to let go. He cost the Eagles more games than he helped them win. He's a punk, and if the Eagles make one right personnel decision this season it should be putting DeSean out on his ass. They probably won't though. It's their M.O.

No way. The Rams will take that kid at #2 or the Vikings at #3. The Panthers would have to give away the house to wrestle one of those picks away.