Turry

Falcons are 1-6 when throwing 40 + passes this season

The Falcons were 1-6 in games in which they attempted more than 40 passes this season.

That record falls to 1-7 if Sunday's Wild Card loss is included. It says as much about Michael Turner as Matt Ryan, as Turner averaged just 3.8 yards per carry in those eight games, compared to 4.5 on the entire year. Currently without a first-round pick, the Falcons could be in the market for a day-two running back to help spell the soon to be 30-year-old Turner after taking Jacquizz Rodgers in the fifth round last spring.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

They would be fine if they didn't overrate Matt Ryan's abilities so much. He's a great QB but he isn't elite by any means. They want him to be Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but the fact is a QB like that is very rare. I think a lot of teams are making similar mistakes. If they would just have him throw in the mid 20's to even the mid 30's depending on how the games go, stay true to the run, and get a better defense, they could actually win the big games.

Kind of a misleading stat. When you are throwing the ball over 40 times, that usually means that you are down a lot of points and are forced to throw the ball a lot.

The Giants shut down Turner. When Turner has a certain amount of carries (around 20 something) (?) the Falcons have a ridiculous winning percentage. When they are forced to throw they lose. Just like the Ravens.

When Turner goes over 100 yards...it's like a 90% chance that the Falcons are going to win. Fact is, Turner is not the type of runner he used to be. He cannot create with his athleticism anymore...he can only make use of what the O-line gives him. This year the falcons Run Game was poor, not just because of Turner, but the lack of push by the O-line. The loss of Harvey Dahl greatly influenced this, and since the run game didn't work. Fucking Mularkey thought that it would be ok to run 1st and 2nd down..and then the Falcons would be look at 3rd and long too many times this season. Matt Ryan is not an elite QB by any means, and for Mularkey to think that he is...he needs to be shit canned. Too many problems on offense for me to even talk about.

Kind of a misleading stat. When you are throwing the ball over 40 times, that usually means that you are down a lot of points and are forced to throw the ball a lot.

I was just going to post this. It reminds me of when people used to always say the Bucs were 12-1 or some shit when Caddy got 20+ carries. Well, when a RB gets that many carries, usually you're trying to eat clock because you are winning. Stats like these are misleading, of course Atlanta is going to have a bad record when Ryan throws the ball a lot. Any team except for Green Bay, New England or New Orleans will struggle when their QB is forced to pass a lot because it usually means they are behind.

I was just going to post this. It reminds me of when people used to always say the Bucs were 12-1 or some shit when Caddy got 20+ carries. Well, when a RB gets that many carries, usually you're trying to eat clock because you are winning. Stats like these are misleading, of course Atlanta is going to have a bad record when Ryan throws the ball a lot. Any team except for Green Bay, New England or New Orleans will struggle when their QB is forced to pass a lot because it usually means they are behind.

Yeah this stat is normally misleading, one of the only times I actually found it useful was this year in Carolina, because we threw the ball a ton even though we weren't getting beat, and ending up losing many games that we had the lead in at one point.