DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Don't Mock me!!!

Pre-combine mock draft, this one is 3 rds, my last one will be 5 to 7 depending on how bored I am. This one is more legit, and thought actually went into it. If you see any repeats, let a black man know. As always, argue away.

1.Colts: Andrew Luck QB Stanford

**Trade Redskins w/ Rams** (Rams’ 1 for Skins’ 1st, 2nd, 1st next year)

2. Redskins: Ribert Griffin III QB BU

The Skins decide to be aggressive and trade up, it’s going to cost them a king’s ransom to get up to grab RGII, but the Redskins believe that he can be the quarterback of the future, so they trade up to grab him. RGIII’s height has come into question, but Shanaham knows how to get the QB moving in the pocket.

3.Vikings: Matt Kalil OT USC

Kalil is an elite tackle prospect, and the Viking’s offensive line has been lacking. The Vikings grab the best left tackle in the draft, an elite pass blocker will probably start from day one, and being in the same conference as Peppers, Matthews and Avril (maybe), adding Kalil would be a great move.

4.Browns: Justin Blackmon

The Browns miss out on RGIII, but are still able to grab the best receiving prospect in the draft. Adding Blackmon allows for Little to adjust to a #2 role and get more comfortable. Colt McCoy in my opinion is not the answer, but regardless of if he’s given another year, at least he will have a solid #2 receiver to work with.

5.Buccaneers: Trent Richardson HB AL

The good ol’ classic Trent Vs. Claiborne argument. Let me preface this by saying that I am well aware that he is not going to be working out at the combine, and I know the Bucs have defensive deficiencies, specifically at CB with question marks about. But regardless, unless if Trent isn’t 100% at his pro day, or he runs a bad pro day in general, I see this being the pick.

6.St. Louis Rams: Michael Floyd WR ND

Floyd is going up in my board, and I see him now going all the way up in the top 10, possibly passing Blackmon depending on Floyd’s combine performance and pro day in comparison to Blackmon’s pro day. Skilled athlete, and as I see it, he is the more talented of the two, but he has a lot of character concerns. And to the people giving the Rams Kalil? Stop it.

7.Jaguars: Nick Perry, DE, USC

The Jags have been notorious in the past for grabbing the guy that they truly believe is the best choice, not who everyone believe, so they take the guy they believe would be the perfect fit for their defense. Claiborne is a possibility here, but getting a great pass rusher is a lot better than getting a great corner. Claiborne may have the possibility to be a great DB, but Nick Perry has that nasty streak to him to be a great edge rusher because of the initial quickness off the edge, just needs to improve his technique.

8.Panthers: Morris Claiborne CB LSU

The Panthers should be very happy, Claiborne falls right to them, and they didn’t have to budge a bit. Claiborne is an elite CB talent, and has the potential to be a future shutdown corner. The Panther’s defense was very lacking last season, Claiborne comes in and now the Panthers have a very dynamic #1 and #2 corner for possibly a long time.

9.Dolphins: Jonathan Martin OT SU

Miami Dolphins’ RT play last year was atrocious, one of the worst in the league. The Dolphins decide to grab Martin here, he’s the best run blocker in this year’s draft, but he has the potential to develop into a good one. With his pick, the Dolphins go from having an average offensive line to possibly one of the best in the league.

10. Bills: Quinton Coples DE UNC

Great addition for the Bills, Coples falls to them, and the snag him. Coples has the talent and ability to be a very good DE, and could even play some DT if need be. With the addition of Coples, assuming Williams comes back strong from his injury and Dareus continues to grow, the Bills could have a very deadly Dline going forward.

11: Kansas City Chiefs: David DeCastro

David has to be the pick here, the best guard in this year’s draft, is very good at both pass pro and run blocking although he is best suited for the latter. It will allow the Chiefs to reshuffle the offensive line so that others can play their original positions.

12. Seahawks: Ryan Tanehill

The Seahawks decide to address their franchise QB by taking Tanehill. Upshaw is also a possibility here, but I see the Seahakws grabbing a guy in Tanehill who has the potential to be a very good QB with some proper coaching. He has all the tools to be a franchise QB, just has to put it together, and je won’t have to play right away anyways.

13.Cardinals: Melvin Ingram DE/OLB USC

The Cardinals need pass rush help, so they take the best one available in Ingram. Ingram’s arm length are a bit questionable, and that may be a problem moving forward, but he is very talented, and has a wide variety of pass rush moves. Is explosive off the edge so he will be able to provide instant help for the Cardinals.

14.Cowboys: Courtney Upshaw OLB AL

I firmly believe that as long as you can rush the quarterback, your DBs can be above average and it won’t matter. Ingram is a big guy, and he has very good feet, as well as he has shown the ability to rush off the edge as well as with his hand on the ground. He would play extremely well in the a scheme like Ryan’s where he can rush from all different positions.

15.Eagles: Luke Kuechley MLB Boston College

Devon Still he would be a Andy Reid type of pick, but I said Luke Kuechly before, and I am saying it again. The Eagles need LB help, a lot, and unless if they get one in FA, they will go into the draft needing a MLB. Kuechley may not be the most explosive LB in this year’s draft, but he is extremely smart, and extremely instinctive. An MLB in a wide-9 has to be able to hold his ground as well as be able to play consistently well against the run, Kuechley fits all the above.

16.Jet: Michael Brokers

Brokers is a stud, already a talented defender against the run has shown the explosiveness to be a future stud as a pass rusher as well. The Jet’s defensive line is good as it is, but adding Wilerson last year, and adding Brokers this year gives the Jets a great Dline moving forward.

17.Bengals: Dre KirkPatrick CB AL

There are a lot of question marks about his character, but there are few about Kirkpatrick’s playing ability. The guy can play, he may not stay at corner, but even if he doesn’t play corner, he would probably make an easy transition to safety.

18. Chargers: Mike Adams

Rumors are spreading that McNeill is on his way out anyways, and with Mike Adams shooting up boards, this is where I see him ending up. In the world that Perry drops to them, or any other very good pass rusher falls to them, they’ll take him. But if I had to choose between Adams, and someone like Still, A franchise LT is a bigger need.

19.Bears: Alshon Jeffery

I seriously do believe that Jeffery will still be picked in the first regardless of how he runs on the 40 at the combine or at his pro day. Jeffery is a big, tall target who knows how to high point the ball like no other. He isn’t a blazer, but he knows how to get open deep, and he high points the ball which works extremely well with a gunslinger like Cutler. Wright might be an option, but Wright isn’t very big, and the Bears have enough undersized WR.

20.Titans: Peter Konz C UW

If I know one thing for sure, it’s that Big Ten linemen rarely ever disappoint, and the same might be said about Konz. Konz has potential to be the best interior lineman in this year’s draft, an area where the Titans struggled mightily last year. Konz is big, smart and can be a very dominant run blocker.

21.Bengals: Cordy Glenn OG/OT Georgia

Glenn is a big monster, and a mauler like no other in this year’s draft. The ideal type of pick that the Bengals would make, he has the potential to play both guard and tackle. The Bengals get two great picks in this year’s draft.

22.Browns: David Wilson HB VT

This pick is made under the assumption that Hillis will not be franchised, or he will not return. Wilson is no Hillis, but he is also a very tough guy to bring down, and will surprise defenders with his ability to grab yards after contact. Very versatile, another weapon for McCoy.

23.Lions: Whitney Mercilus

I don’t know what it is about Mercilus, but despite all the hate he gets, I am a true believer that he will be a beast in the NFL. He has a great first step, and gets up field very quickly, he has a very good bull rush as well. The guy has all the physical tools to not only succeed but to be extremely good. Whether the Lions lose Avril or not, Mercilus would be a great adition.

24.Steelers: Dontari Poe NT Memphis

Poe in my opinion fits perfectly with what the Steelers look for in their starting nose tackle. He has a rare combination of size, speed and strength and he plays like it most of the time. He has terrible technique, and he isn’t all that great as a pass rusher, but he is extremely good at eating up blocks due to his explosion. Who knows how many years Hampton has left, whenever he leaves though, Poe will be able to come in and the Steelers won’t miss a beat.

25.Broncos: Janoris Jenkins CB NAU

Who knows how long Champ has? And regardless, it never hurts to already find his replacement. Jenkins is a possible top 10 prospect with character concerns limiting his stock. The Broncos decide to ignore Jenkin’s character concerns and take his potential.

26.Texans: Mohamed Sanu WR

Sanu, in my opinion has all the tools to be a very good receiver, he has the tools, the size, and he likes to block. The Texans don’t have very many pressing needs so they decide to grab a WR in Sanu who can take some of the load off of Johnson.

27.Patriots: Kendall Wright WR BU

It’s very clear that the Patriots have no clear deep threat receiver, and Wright brings that to the table, he falls to the Patriots, and they jump on him. Wright fits into the Patriots scheme very well as he is able to go both deep and catch a short ball and make it into huge yardage. Tom Brady will be able to continue running the offense they run with a weapon like Wright.

28.Packers: Fletcher Cox DE UM

I whole heartedly believe the Packers are going to trade up, and there have been rumors that they will do so. But if they stay, and Cox is off the board, they’ll either go CB or they take a OLB. With that being said, Cox is the ideal fit for the Packers.

29.Ravens: Vontaze Burfict ILB ASU

Burfict is like Ray Lewis, minus the leadership qualities. He is a great athlete for a LB and knows how to play the position through natural instincts. He has a lot of potential and is a furious player, the only questions with Burtfict are his character question marks, and with a guy like Ray Lewis, that could very well be taken care of.

30. 49ers: Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Admittingly, the last time I did this mock, I was a little clueless as to which way to go for the 49ers, this time I do. The 49ers take Dwayne Allen with this pick to add another weapon for Smith. THe 49ers love to play with the “big body formations”, or formations where multiple TE and OT are used in order to run the ball. Imagine how much more of a threat this offense becomes when you can have two tight ends capable of both blocking and receiving. Allen can play in line or split out to cause even more matchup nightmares for teams.

31.Patriots: Andre Branch DE/OLB CLEM

Andre Branch is the ideal NE type of OLB, the guy is long and big. at 6’4” he is the perfect height for a BB defense, and he can play both the run and the pass effectively. He has a great first step, although inconsistent, and to go along with Anderson, the Patriots would have two very good OLBs moving forward. He isn’t the strongest against the run, but the strength and potential is there to build off of.

32.Giants: Coby Fleener

I am completely against drafting a TE in the first unless if he is a rare talent, which isn’t something I see in Fleener. But He is more athletic and is a better route runner and catcher then Ballard. He doesn’t excel at run blocking, but when I see Fleener, I see a guy who can add on bulk, he will at least provide immediate impact in the passing game.

1.Rams: Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State

Will anchor the Ram’s front line for years to come, will automatically improve the run defense.

2.Colts: Brandon Thompson DE/DT Clemson

With the possible change in defensive philosophy, they will need a true beast against the run, Thompson may be the one to provide it.

3.Vikings: Mark Barron S Alabama

BPA and fills a need, Barron will help the ailing Viking’s secondary.

4.Buccaneers: Alfonzo Dennard

Will drop because of all the questions surrounding him, but he could prove to be a very good zone corner.

5.Browns: Lavonte David LB, Nebraska

The Browns desperately need a LB who has the speed and good cover skills and that's exactly what Lavonte David will bring to the table. The Browns were one of the worst teams against the run last year but that was mainly because teams had success running to the outside because Cleveland's linebackers and Jayme Mitchell are too slow to contain the edge.

6.Rams (Trade): Bobbie Massie OT UM

Either he will play G and Smith will play RT, or vice versa, either, he has the potential to be very good.

7.Jaguars: Stephen Gilmore CB Nebraska

A possible first round talent going second to the Jags, the defense is on it’s way up, and Gilmore has the potential to develop to a very good #2 corner at the least.

8.Panthers: Zac Brown

Take Zac Brown, stick him in at WLB, you automatically have the most athletic LB unit in the NFL.

9. From Dolphins: Vinny Curry

Has the potential to be a very good OLB, explosiveness to be a 3-4 pass rusher.

10. Bills: Zebrie Sanders OT FSU

Smart, durable, healthy, experienced, and high character, has the versatility to play both tackles.

11. Seahawks: Chris Polk HB WAS

Might be a little too early, but I see him going to the Hawks. Would be a great addition to the backfield.

12. Chiefs: Doug Martin RB Boise State

Bigger bruiser back, will fit in well as a compliment to McCLuster and Charles.

13. Cowboys: Jared Crick DT/DE NEB

Big guy, and versatile.

14. Eagles- Orson Charles

More of a receiving TE, but he will have to do, the Eagles could also go with a DT here.

15. Jets- Lamar Miller

I am no fan of Green, Miller has a little bit of everything to his game. Some injury concerns though.

16. Patriots- Chase Minifield CB VT

The Patriots continue to bolster the defense.

17. Chargers- Alemeda Ta’amu DT Washington

Big guy, the Chargers had a revolving door in the interior of that Dline last year, Alemeda is a big space eater, looks like a true anchor.

18. Bears- Rueben Randle WR LSU

Another bigger target for Cutler, you can never have enough receivers, and Roy Williams is probably on his way out anyways.

19. Eagles- Tim Hightower

There is no way that Hightower falls this far down, but if he does, the Eagles should snag him, there is also probably no way that the Eagles grab 2 LBs with their first three picks. He is a bigger guy who can get through blockers. He is also a great leader.

20. Titans- Cam Johnson DE UV

Pass rush has been a weakness of the Titans before, they address it by adding another possible pass rusher.

21. Bengals- Jarius Wright WR AR

I am more sold on Wright then some others, but I believe he will surprise some people. A very sharp route runner and great understanding of the passing game.

22. Falcons- Brandon Boykin CB Georgia

Underrated player, will probably start off at slot.

23. Lions- Kevin Zeitler G UW

Will be an upgrade in both size and strength from what the Lions have right now, very good run blocker and underated pass pro.

24. Steelers- Amini Silatolu OG, MSU

Big mauler, has a very nasty streak to him, and could turn into a very good guard for the Steelers considering who they bought in as OC.

25. Broncos- Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State

Obvious pick is obvious; the Broncos get a guy in Weeden who can take over in case Tebow ends up not being the guy.

26. Texans- Kolechi Osemeli G ISU

The guy is huge, and can come in and anchor that OL, assuming they get there center back, this would be a great addition.

27. Saints- Chandler Jones DE SU

Guy has the potential to be a good pass rusher with time, has some rawness to him and plays high, but the size and potential is there.

28. Packers- George Iloka SS BSU

Who knows what’s going to happen to Collins? Iloka is primarily a SS but he is very capable of dropping back in coverage. He is also very tall and long, which could really help in defending against the Calvin Johnsons.

29. Ravens- Jonathan Masaquoi OLB Troy

A solid pass rusher, could probably play right away as a situational rusher.

30. 49ers- Brandon Brooks OL Miami (OH.)

Getting beefier on the offensive line. BEEF!

31. Patriots- Kendall Reyes DT/DE UConn

DLine for the majority of this past season for the Patriots was pretty poor, Reyes could be one of the missing links to that Dline.

32. Giants- Bobby Wagner

No more fun and games! Wagner is one of the better ILBs in this year’s class. He is great in coverage, which is always a plus in a league that’s becoming more pass oriented.

1.Colts: Dwight Jones WR UNC

2. Rams: Jamell Flemming CB Oklahoma

3. Vikings: Marcus Forston DT Miami

4. Browns: Robert Lester S AL

5. Buccaneers: Nick Toon UW

6. Redskins: Harrison Smith S ND

7. Jaguars: Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

8. Bills: Casey Hayward CB Vandy

9. Dolphins: Juron Criner WR Arizona

10. Bears: Ben Jones C Bears

11. Chiefs: Josh Chapman DT AL

12. Seahawks: Ronnell Lewis DE/OLB Oklahoma

13. Eagles: Juron Criner WR Arizona

14. Jets: Brock Osweiler QB ASU

15. Raiders: Nick Foles

16. Chargers: Audie Cole NC State

17. Bears: Mike Martin DT U of M

18. Cardinals: Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

19. Cowboys: Cliff Harris CB/KR Oregon

20. Titans: James Michael-Johnson MLB Nevada

21. Bengals: Nate Potter OT/OG Boise State

22. Falcons: Josh Norman CB/S Coastal CAR

23. Lions: Leonard Johnson CB ISU

24. Steelers: Brandon Taylor S LSU

25. Broncos: Dwight Bentley CB ULL

26. Texans: DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama

27. Saints: Keenan Robinson OLB UT

28. Packers: Bruce Irvin OLB UWV

29. Ravens: Michael Brewster C OSU

30. 49ers: Brian Quick WR Appy State

31. Patriots: Shea McClellin DE/OLB Boise State

32. Giants: James Brown OT Troy

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Luke Kuechly is tops on my draft wish list, but I just don't see Andy taking him. Hell, there's a good chance he doesn't even make it to us.

1) I am really feeling like Konz will be a Packer this year. Right now anyway. With Wells ready to walk, rumors have surfaced that Thompson scouted Konz personally, and loved him. I couldn't argue with Fletcher Cox though.

2) We already have a SS on the roster in Morgan Burnett. He did play a lot of FS last year with Collins on IR, but he's better at SS, imo. If we go safety, I expect it to be a FS.

I dunno if Weeden will fall that far. I feel like drafting him would be like drafting John Beck though and I'm not a big fan of the pick. Love the Jenkins pick though, we need a corner who can play. It seems like every year there's a first round corner out there with character issues though...

Nick Perry.

I applaud you sir.

Luke Kuechly is tops on my draft wish list, but I just don't see Andy taking him. Hell, there's a good chance he doesn't even make it to us.

Anything is possible sb.. Don't stop believing. :yep:

2) We already have a SS on the roster in Morgan Burnett. He did play a lot of FS last year with Collins on IR, but he's better at SS, imo. If we go safety, I expect it to be a FS.

Honestly, it was a tossup, I personally think the safety from LSU that I have going in the 3rd would fit well in GB as a FS, but I had him going in the 3rd, and didn't wanna force a reach. And Iloka is a SS, but he looks, and from what i've seen, I honestly feel he could play either safety positions, and he can cover very well, if anything, his tackling is more of a concern then his ability to cover ground.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I dunno if Weeden will fall that far. I feel like drafting him would be like drafting John Beck though and I'm not a big fan of the pick. Love the Jenkins pick though, we need a corner who can play. It seems like every year there's a first round corner out there with character issues though...

I get the feeling the Broncos are gonna target Weeden, I didn't realize how far I had him dropping until I finally decided to have him drafted.

Nick Perry.

I applaud you sir.

Vin! I thought you'd hate the pick. >_>

I like every pick except TE for San Fran. :yep:

I'm trying to figure out why you think the Falcons will take back to back corners in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Especially when it's looking like they aren't interested really in resigning Abraham without a huge pay cut, they won't over-pay for the star MLB Curtis Lofton, and they are leaning toward franchising Grimes. They have needs on the offensive line (Big time), at tight end, and at the LB position (Somewhat).

Damn DMac, three rounds pre-combine? Pretty impressive work. What happened to Devon Still, though?

Vin! I thought you'd hate the pick. >_>

It's different, and I like it because it is. Pretty much every other mock I've seen has us taking Coples or an OT.

I do however take issue with your pick of us taking Jarius Wright one round after the Bengals do. I know it seems like it would be something the Jags would do, but it's not funny to joke around like that. :nope:

• Upvote 1

I like every pick except TE for San Fran. :yep:

Figured you would. lol.

I'm trying to figure out why you think the Falcons will take back to back corners in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Especially when it's looking like they aren't interested really in resigning Abraham without a huge pay cut, they won't over-pay for the star MLB Curtis Lofton, and they are leaning toward franchising Grimes. They have needs on the offensive line (Big time), at tight end, and at the LB position (Somewhat).

I exaggerated a little with my selection of multiple DBs taken, when I wrote out the big board for the Falcons, which is what I do for every team when doing these, I kinda found myself giving away every prospect to other teams. I gave them Boykin because I believe he can start from day 1 at slot with the assumption they don't resign Grimes... Chapman was a guy I had them taking as an alternate because he can play safety or corner, and the Falcons CB depth is awful.

idt they'll grab an OT in the 2nd or 3rd because they need one that can start from day 1, idt any of the guys where they'll pick can give them that.

If I could redo the bottom of the 2nd and third round, I'd still give them Boykin in the 2nd, they'd end up with Ladarius Green in the third, He's a freak athlete, and he'd stretch th field out.

Damn DMac, three rounds pre-combine? Pretty impressive work. What happened to Devon Still, though?

Still got lost in all the madness, Once I hit the 3rd round, I noticed that I was short a DT and was wandering who I left out. It turns out I left out my personal favorite DT. >_>

Still got lost in all the madness, Once I hit the 3rd round, I noticed that I was short a DT and was wandering who I left out. It turns out I left out my personal favorite DT. >_>

Totally understandable. By the way, I love how you took some liberties in the first round and made this look fairly different from all the other mocks out there. I especially like the Ryan Tannehil to Seattle pick, because I could definitely see that happening.

Tannehill was my second guy I was considering for Seattle in the staff mock. I put JMart ahead of him because the offensive line was that bad. And then Tannehill slipped out of the first because we didn't have trade ups. I don't think that's likely. Tannehill will go higher than we think he will.

Tannehill was my second guy I was considering for Seattle in the staff mock. I put JMart ahead of him because the offensive line was that bad. And then Tannehill slipped out of the first because we didn't have trade ups. I don't think that's likely. Tannehill will go higher than we think he will.

He's probably going to be the Jake Locker of the draft. Probably Top 10.

He's probably going to be the Jake Locker of the draft. Probably Top 10.

Dolphins if they miss out on Peyton and Flynn? There's the Mike Sherman connection with Texas A&M...

Figured you would. lol.

I say that because we have Delanie Walker... one of the best #2 Tight Ends.

Tannenhill and Polk would be great picks i would like a tandem of Lynch and Polk. Might be a bit high for Polk because he didn't really impress at the senior bowl but i think he plays alot better when he is in a actual game.

fair enough, i'll get it right eventually. lol.

Don't worry about it, man. If I attempted a Mock it would be a disaster.

A ton of reaches but its certainly possible and somewhat realistic :shrug:

This is what I like to see.

Three straight picks on the defensive side of the ball.

Unfortunately that most likely won't happen.

TT.png

Edited by badgers

Tannenhill and Polk would be great picks i would like a tandem of Lynch and Polk. Might be a bit high for Polk because he didn't really impress at the senior bowl but i think he plays alot better when he is in a actual game.

Fair enough, I'm personally higher on Polk then some others, big backs with speed always seem to go early.

A ton of reaches but its certainly possible and somewhat realistic :shrug:

idk, most of this was done based on how I see players fitting and my personal BB.

This is what I like to see.

Three straight picks on the defensive side of the ball.

Unfortunately that most likely won't happen.

TT.png

The Packers are always a pain the behind for me when I do mocks. I don't think it's out of possibility that they go defense on all three of there first couple of picks considering the defense's failure last year. But if an offensive player drops and that player was high on their board, I don't blame them for picking him up, that's what i'd do...