Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

2012 U.S. Presidential Election

President Barack Obama vs. Governor Mitt Romney  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What are your current feelings toward the presidential election, assuming Gov. Romney secures the GOP nomination?

• I will definitely be voting for Obama.
    • I will definitely be voting for Romney.
    • I'm leaning towards Obama, but haven't made up my mind.
    • I'm leaning towards Romney, but haven't made up my mind.
    • I'm really not sure at this point, gonna let both campaigns decide.
    • Not a fan of either candidate; I'm really not sure yet.

Oh, as if you think it's OK to think that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud and that Mitt Romney is immoral because he's Mormon. Come the fuck on, kid.

LolMeFail

But you think it's a good idea to have an aptitude test that is based purely on opinion and has no right or wrong answer in determining who can and cannot vote. You're essentially telling people what and how to think. So Orwellian of you, Bware.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Oh, as if you think it's OK to think that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud and that Mitt Romney is immoral because he's Mormon. Come the fuck on, kid.

You don't seem to understand how much power this person who makes the questions would have. He could single-handily shape policy, not to mention be open to the worst sorts of corruption.

Oh, and it completely goes against one of the basic tenants of this country.

And Favre, I 100% think that its ok to think the Birth Certificate is a fraud and Romney is immoral because of his religion. You have the right to think whatever you want, and the government shouldn't be given the power to control peoples' opinions. Free speech isn't needed to protect popular opinions, its to protect unpopular ones.

Edited by blotsfan

You don't seem to understand how much power this person who makes the questions would have. He could single-handily shape policy, not to mention be open to the worst sorts of corruption.

Oh, and it completely goes against one of the basic tenants of this country.

And Favre, I 100% think that its ok to think the Birth Certificate is a fraud and Romney is immoral because of his religion. You have the right to think whatever you want, and the government shouldn't be given the power to control peoples' opinions. Free speech isn't needed to protect popular opinions, its to protect unpopular ones.

My apologies. Got caught up in the wording he used. Thought he was saying you thought those things.

Thank goodness there is someone who is 100% capable of determining what is an ok opinion to have and we can guarantee wouldn't let his own personal biases influence the voter base. He can determine the questions on this test.

:clap:

Well said, sir.

That is always the problem with practically instituting such a system.

Not to mention, only 36% of Americans are confident Barack Obama was born in the US. (Random stat alert! It's just a poll I heard, not sure if its really true, but there's quite a few that have some doubts, that's for sure.) There's enough weird things going on around that certificate that I can see why someone might think something is up.

I don't personally think so, but it doesn't mean that if someone has that opinion they shouldn't be allowed to vote. That is, as Favre put it, very Orwellan of you, Bware.

You don't do it based on opinions. That's just asking for rigged elections. I'm not sure you could practically do it at all. Although we should at least be making sure the people voting are actually US citizens, but apparently that's too "insensitive."

Edited by Thanatos19

I don't really know what I am going to do at this point. I'm definitely not voting for Obama. I could see myself voting for Romney because I am kind of moderate (more libertarian) and so is he. I think that people on the far-left and far-right are responsible for most of our problems. However, like I said, I am a libertarian (small 'l") and therefore might vote for the Libertarian (big 'L') candidate Gary Johnson.

I do, however, think that we are fucked any way that we turn other than a small froup of people that can be found at this link: Libertarian Republicans

The amount of control the media has over who gets to be the challenger in our elections is fucking ridiculous.

I don't care if you don't think Ron Paul doesn't have a chance of winning the race, you shouldn't get to preemptively decide that and then beat it into the voters brains for the rest of the primary. Let US choose. There's just too many stupid people, on both sides, who just take the media's word for way too many things.

The amount of control the media has over who gets to be the challenger in our elections is fucking ridiculous.

I don't care if you don't think Ron Paul doesn't have a chance of winning the race, you shouldn't get to preemptively decide that and then beat it into the voters brains for the rest of the primary. Let US choose. There's just too many stupid people, on both sides, who just take the media's word for way too many things.

Paul's problem is that most of his support comes independents who typically don't vote in the primaries and in some places can't

SO if we have decided that the vast majority of voters are inept or that they cannot be trusted to vote on issues with any kind of logical persuasion or that they are so superficial and petty that race is the biggest issue this country is facing.

Not saying that this is my particular opinion but is the vibe I am getting here.

What about the electoral college ? I mean how big of a sham is this. These people are selected by the people who are most loyal to the party of the state that is electing the president.

And if you honestly believe that more black people did not come out to vote more for Obama than ever before you are nuts. Same goes with all the racist bigots who think this is still pre Jim Crow laws. And this is the sad state of affairs considering we are a country who is supposed to be past this. Being real though this country just glosses over the fact that there is still racism by both sides. You have self entitled black people who think reparations should be paid 200 years later while shaming their ancestors they are complaining about, and thinking white people are keeping them down. Then on the reverse you have white people who saying black people being in power is ruining this country and should have no representation in the shaping of this country. How about looking yourself in the morning and taking pride this is a country where any man can live comfortably if he is willing to make a honest living. Don't whine about how the good old days were good/bad depending on the color of your skin, but embrace a united America where we can learn from each other. But no instead we would rather vote on race because that candidate has my race's best interest in mind. That is what is killing this country are those idiots. And if that applies to you well then sorry you are an idiot, if it does not just take it as the venting of someone who is getting tired of race being a huge issue when there is millions of homeless people of all races in this crumbling fuckin economy. Maybe we should fix the real problems instead of voting over race.

Second lets not kid ourselves most Americans will listen to the talking heads in this country because if it is on TV it is true. The value of the written objective word is next to nothing, and in its stead we have biased media telecasts and podcasts who donate big money to candidates that they are backing which makes the platform bigger. If the media is biased towards an election with that much control over the masses it is not a wonder we are in the mess we in. Bush is an uneducated draft dodging hippy who could not tie his own shoes according to the media. And Obama is a Kenyan trying to play white and communist at the same time. And the sad part is I could make something up and people would believe it if the money was there and I wore a spiffy suit.

What happened to an honest America ? WE happened. This isn't a democrat and a republican thing this is an AMERICAN thing. We allow this garbage, we allow this assholes to reach our children's ears, so each one of us bear the burden of blame.

I am hoping a candidate who is a factory worker runs, he gets my vote. until then it is Ron Paul.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That being said my Drill instructor always told me not to complain about something if I dont have a solution. Remember this is a blue collar guy so if that fancy wording is what you are looking for sorry. Also I am sure there are going to be contradictions with some law but I am assuming this is my world.

First for an election to work EVERYBODY can vote. It should also come with an incentive because for those who dont vote, are dead weight. They have to have an opinion and if they dont want to express it they dont have too, but they should jump at the chance to participate in the shaping of the country their kids will inherit.

Second: Members of your cabinet have to actually have an expertise in the position that you are electing them. No military background. You are not the Secretary of Defense. No background in Health and Human Services, sorry no such luck Ms. Sebelius. Oh you have no background in the Education system, well sorry Mr.Duncan there is the door. You will not be elected because of political affiliation, you will be the best candidate for the job.

Third: You are a politician of the state as part of you assigned duties 72 hours a month will be put to community service in the major industries of your state as a part of community out reach program through the duration of you term instead of just to get re-elected.So as to actually be in touch with the everyday problems of your state and ideas on how to solve them will have less to do with your wallet, and more to do with the welfare of the people.

Fourth: Paying politicians their salary for the rest of their life stops, you will complete your term and 6 months afterward you will no longer be paid. The six months is to find another job. If you serve twenty years then you will get retirement benefits just like the military...at age 65 now. Until then you are working. This takes up valuable funding for people who only served four years to their country.

Fifth: Let me preface this by saying I was a soldier for 8 years until I opted for college. We repeal the patriot act. If you can peacefully demonstrate your displeasure's with this countries government than that is your right as an American. It shall not be impeded upon by fear to control the masses by saying, "The terrorists will win." If you have a problem you should be able to voice it without being branded a traitor. Get more votes next time maybe.

and Sixth: We will no longer be the world police. If there is a problem with your country than fix it your damn self. We will fix our country first, feed our homeless, we will help out the low income areas of the country that were hit hard by the depression before we worry about your natural disaster. That said if you attack us the fight is on, we will see you on your door step and we will no longer play nice so the media's mind is at ease. You started it and we will finish it, American soldiers will not die because we decided to pussy foot around with this.

Bravo_Bravo.gif

*Votes for Ngata as President*

Bravo_Bravo.gif

*Votes for Ngata as President*

Ha I appreciate it and all, but do you know how fast I would get assassinated. Those big businesses and crooked politicians would make sure I did not escape the first year of presidency.

This country's elite does not want a no bullshit straight shooter and there is no way one would get elected.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, well if I'm elected I'll fill in all graves with concrete to prevent the zombie apocalypse.

Shit, sorry, Ngata. I negged your one post accidentally so I erased that one and gave you another +. Good posts, bro.

Shit, sorry, Ngata. I negged your one post accidentally so I erased that one and gave you another +. Good posts, bro.

Ha you're good man, much appreciated.