Sign in to follow this  
NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Megatron wins Madden Cover!

Per Sports Nation on ESPN2

So much for back to back playoff appearances! Sucks cuz I was rooting for them.....

Madden Cover= Optimus Prime

One shall rise....one shall fall....Smart Money's always on Optimus

Happy for him, good to know We are finally being put on the map.

I'm gonna hate playing as the Lions in Madden now probably with the amount of people who will be using them. >_>

Sucks that the one classy and dominant player that i can tolerate in our division is going to be cursed.

It's been a nice career. :(

The Lions join the Titans as the only teams to have had a player on more than 1 cover..if you count Barry Sanders in the background of the 2000 cover.

The Lions join the Titans as the only teams to have had a player on more than 1 cover..if you count Barry Sanders in the background of the 2000 cover.

Nobody counts that faded out blurry picture as Barry being on the cover :p

lolMadden Curse.

I voted for Megatron myself, tbh. Nothing taken away from Cam, but Megatron had the best season of any WR in the league.

Much rather see him on it than Cam, all curses aside.

He's a dynamic player so it's nice that he's been recognized and will be able to be on the cover of Madden. I don't believe in the Madden Curse it's just a big coincidence lol.

Megatron is a guy that I really feel like everyone can and does root for. That's why this deal SUCKS. I really hope he isn't crashed with the Madden Curse. Larry Fitzgerald is the ONLY player to ever survive the cover curse. And that's because he shared it with TroyPol who was burdened with injuries.

If anyone can stop the curse, it's Megatron.

Megatron is a guy that I really feel like everyone can and does root for. That's why this deal SUCKS. I really hope he isn't crashed with the Madden Curse. Larry Fitzgerald is the ONLY player to ever survive the cover curse. And that's because he shared it with TroyPol who was burdened with injuries.

Vince Young was fine, Drew Brees was fine, Eddie George was fine, and Barry Sanders retired before the season, nothing to do with the curse.

Fitz is far from the only player to survive "it." It's a coincidence.

Vince Young was fine? :troll:

And Ray Lewis survived it too actually. He got injured the season after which shouldn't count...

Vince Young was fine, Drew Brees was fine, Eddie George was fine, and Barry Sanders retired before the season, nothing to do with the curse.

Fitz is far from the only player to survive "it." It's a coincidence.

Vince Young lost is job the following season and is now looked upon as a mental patient.

Drew Brees played hurt all season long and got pimp slapped by the fucking Seahawks of all teams in the playoffs.

George had one good season (the year he was on the cover) and was never the same again. Never average more than 3.5 YPC again.

And again.. I don't even count Barry as being on the cover... Madden was still the cover man in 2000.

I dont buy into the curse anymore. He'll be fine, the Lions have had enough curses for their franchise timeline.

There's no curse that can affect Megatron..

Vince Young lost is job the following season and is now looked upon as a mental patient.

Drew Brees played hurt all season long and got pimp slapped by the fucking Seahawks of all teams in the playoffs.

George had one good season (the year he was on the cover) and was never the same again. Never average more than 3.5 YPC again.

And again.. I don't even count Barry as being on the cover... Madden was still the cover man in 2000.

If you're going to say, "Well at some point after they're on the Madden Cover, the player is going to get hurt or have his skills fall off," then no d'oh?

There are people who have avoided the "curse." Brees didn't get pimp-slapped at all, the Saints defense did. So the curse now applies to the entire football team?

This is all coincidence. I can't believe I'm actually arguing this, lol. The NFL is a physical sport. The players are coming off a fantastic season, some regression is to be expected, not to mention offensive players are probably going to be targeted more due to their great season. There is no curse because of who is on the cover of a video game.

Edited by Thanatos19