Thanatos

#5 Philadelphia Flyers vs #6 New Jersey Devils

#5 Philadelphia Flyers vs #6 New Jersey Devils  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Philadelphia Flyers
    • New Jersey Devils

Well. The Flyers appeared to forget the fact that Hockey is 60 minutes, not 40.

Finally! A team other than the Devils did this!

Unfortunately I had a presentation at school so I only got home in time for the 3rd period. Guess that's all I needed to see, though. ^_^

Yeah I had to work last night so I didn't get to see much but I definitely felt if we lost last night the series was pretty much over. The win last night was big, but it seems like Philly didn't play that well. Game 3 tomorrow should be interesting.

lol Flyers only getting one shot on goal in the 2nd.

Pretty good game so far. If the officiating can stop being shitty on both sides, it should be an exciting finish. Flyers need to play the 3rd period the way they played the 2nd, not the 1st.

Flyers deserved to lose that game 100%. Lost every key faceoff, lost every puck battle, lost every battle along the boards. Had two power plays in overtime and couldn't score on either one. Just awful.

We need to seriously alter our gameplan for game 4 because we don't know how to sustain any offensive pressure whatsoever, while the Devils are just dominating us offensively.

First... tumblr_m2chf3Ij2M1qjkjah.gif

I think you're being a little harsh on the Flyers, SteVo. The game was pretty even for the most part. You weren't as dangerous on offense as the Devils were (hence the 2 missed PPs in OT) but to say you got dominated is an exaggeration.

Regardless, I did not expect to be up 2-1 on the Flyers and I'm thrilled with the Devils play. The commentator said it perfectly, the best defense against the Flyers it to keep them in their own net and for the most part we did that.

WOOHOO!!!

One of the power plays was for "DELAYING GAME-PUCK OVER GLASS." First time I've heard of that penalty.

Kovy is finally doing some business..

One of the power plays was for "DELAYING GAME-PUCK OVER GLASS." First time I've heard of that penalty.

Just keep watching Devils games, we seem to take that penalty EVERY GAME!

I'm with Mav on not expecting the Devils to be up 2-1. I only caught pieces of the game last night so I can't really comment too much on what happened yet.

really? I feel like I see that call about every other game, or at least something that makes the commentators talk about it

really? I feel like I see that call about every other game, or at least something that makes the commentators talk about it

Huh.

No, to the best of my recollection, I've never heard it. Maybe I just didn't understand what was being called.

Huh.

No, to the best of my recollection, I've never heard it. Maybe I just didn't understand what was being called.

Pretty much any time you clear the puck over the glass while in your own defensive end (without it being deflected by anyone or anything) it's a penalty for delay of game.

Huh.

It's a pretty routine call.

:rofl::facepalm::rofl:

Discuss this series here.

Flyers in 6.

Typo, Thanatos. Eastern Conference, not Western. :p

Oh, and Flyers in five. :rock:

Flyers in 6. This is gonna be a fun series! :devious:

I really think the Flyers are gonna beat the Devils ass. -_-

Flyers in 5...

:yeahthat:

Flyers in 7..

Flyers in 7

lol Sarge probably will never pick the Flyers to win a series. Nothing wrong with that though I guess since he's a Pens fan.

I'll say Flyers in 6

Glad to be wrong again. :happy:

^:rofl:

I saw that guy a couple times during the game lol he's a character that's for sure.

I am just so unbelievably pumped right now. The Devils completely dominated that game, honestly Philly is lucky it was only a one goal game until the empty netter because the Devils played a much much better game. Everyone talked before the series about how much more talented Philly is but this series is showing hard work beats talent when talent isn't working hard.

Not to say the Devils don't have their fair share of talent because of course we do but everyone loved to mention how Philly could roll four lines at will but if we're talking 5 on 5 hockey the Devils have been the better team this series.

Now with that being said even with the Devils up 3-1 it's easy to say the series is over but it's not. We still have to win one more game. We have to come out Tuesday like we did tonight. I know it'll be harder because Philly will obviously be scrapping for their playoff lives in front of a ruckus crowd but it's just what we have to do.

Let's go finish the job on Tuesday and send the Flyers fans home crying. :rock:

lol Sarge probably will never pick the Flyers to win a series. Nothing wrong with that though I guess since he's a Pens fan.

I'll say Flyers in 6

Or how about I thought you guys would be in trouble when you faced a real goalie and not Fleury shitting himself all over the place? Looks like I was right.

• Upvote 1

Or how about I thought you guys would be in trouble when you faced a real goalie and not Fleury shitting himself all over the place? Looks like I was right.

The Flyers aren't losing this series because of Brodeur (primarily, anyway). They're losing it because the Devils have found a serious chink in the armor with their aggressive forechecking and cycle offense. The Flyers have no answer, and have found no answer since game 2. The Devils are earning this series every step of the way; gotta give them credit.

As a Flyers fan, it's especially frustrating since Bryzgalov has been incredible this series. It's not over yet, but we need to figure out a way to counter Jersey's forecheck and sustain offensive pressure if we're going to win this thing.

The Flyers aren't losing this series because of Brodeur (primarily, anyway). They're losing it because the Devils have found a serious chink in the armor with their aggressive forechecking and cycle offense. The Flyers have no answer, and have found no answer since game 2. The Devils are earning this series every step of the way; gotta give them credit.

As a Flyers fan, it's especially frustrating since Bryzgalov has been incredible this series. It's not over yet, but we need to figure out a way to counter Jersey's forecheck and sustain offensive pressure if we're going to win this thing.

I actually feel bad for Bryzgalov because he's been pretty good these playoffs but if you look at the scorelines between the two series you'd never know it lol..very misleading. Granted he hasn't been exceptional but not as bad as the scoreboard makes it out to be.

Edited by Maverick

I actually feel bad for Bryzgalov because he's been pretty good these playoffs but if you look at the scorelines between the two series you'd never know it lol..very misleading. Granted he hasn't been exceptional but not as bad as the scoreboard makes it out to be.

He was pretty bad in the Penguins series. Like really really bad...

But yeah this isn't his fault. It's not like he's getting outmatched on the other end of the ice, BOTH goaltenders are playing very good hockey. It's just that our team has actually showed up while Bryz's hasn't.

Yeah, Bryz sucked during the Pens series (for the most part) but has really been on his shit this series. Also, a good amount of the goals he's allowed I attribute to Devils offense generating great scoring chances and/or lolMattCarlefail. Seriously, Matt Carle is the Benny Sapp of the NHL.

Well I'm one game off my series prediction, but got the wrong team picked. :laugh:

Seriously, hats off to New Jersey. They've all but completely shut the Flyers down all series. And Brodeur has played like he's still in his prime so far!

Anybody else find it ironic that NBCS has been giving Doc Rangers games and Kenny Albert Devils games lol?

• Upvote 2