Jerron McMillian

Mike Daniels

FIFTH ROUND

Terrell Manning

SEVENTH ROUND

Andrew Datko

BJ Coleman

Edited by Favre4Ever

I thought this was an excellent pick by the Packers. Fits that team perfectly, IMO.

We have a legitimate player rushing the QB that is not named Clay Matthews... Talk about a miracle. Mike Lombardi called him Lamar Woodley-esquee and I am liking that a lot. lol

We have a legitimate player rushing the QB that is not named Clay Matthews... Talk about a miracle. Mike Lombardi called him Lamar Woodley-esquee and I am liking that a lot. lol

Indeed. If that proves to be true (re: Lombardi's comments) it's an even better pick than I though and I thought it was an excellent pick.

I probably had the best reaction to this pick ever as I was actually expecting us to take Courtney Upshaw as he was still around so I have gone from excited to urm ok lol.

After re watching some video though I am glad that Perry is in Green and Gold very explosive guy and with his pass rush ability it is going to be very interesting to see if O Lines can keep both him and Clay away from the QB.

Good pick

I probably had the best reaction to this pick ever as I was actually expecting us to take Courtney Upshaw as he was still around so I have gone from excited to urm ok lol.

After re watching some video though I am glad that Perry is in Green and Gold very explosive guy and with his pass rush ability it is going to be very interesting to see if O Lines can keep both him and Clay away from the QB.

Good pick

Ya, I like Courtney Upshaw a lot. If the Packers ended up taking him, I wouldn't have been upset at all.

However, I was leaning towards Perry. The guy was mocked to us very early in the draft process and then he just BOOMED up draft boards. Fortunately, we fell right into our laps.

Couldn't be happier.

Loving the draft the Packers are having so far. Perry, Worthy, and Hayward should make the defense a lot better. Still unsure about leaving Peprah as the starting safety. Hoping Iloka falls to Green Bay, although I doubt it. Should be interesting to see what Thompson does with the 2 comp picks.

Fortunately, we fell right into our laps.

How exactly does one go about doing that? :p

Great draft overall for the Packers, but it's interesting they took Worthy when Still was still on the board.

Not seen much of Casey Hayward at all but all the reports online I have seen have been raving about him so I am guessing that it was a very good pick

How exactly does one go about doing that? :p

Great draft overall for the Packers, but it's interesting they took Worthy when Still was still on the board.

Still's stock has been falling recently so it's hard to say who was better. Worthy was horrible in 2010 but this past season he looked great while Still was hot and cold. So it's hard to say which player is better. I'm just glad Thompson traded up to grab a DE.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Ya, that is what worries me most. WHY WHY was Devon Still falling like a ton of bricks? There had to have been a reason, and I am going to trust Ted Thompson.

"The wait yesterday was a little frustrating, but at the same (time) it humbled me and it allowed me to really sink in why I'm actually playing this game," Worthy said during a teleconference. "I have that fire, that chip on my shoulder. Second-round pick. I'll roll with it, and I'm ready to make an impact right away."

And that's why we picked him. He doesn't need any motivation to go out and destroy offensive lines around the league. He has the chip on his shoulder every single day, and he's going pay us back with amazing play.

Did not like day 3 for the Packers at all. The two comp picks in the 4th were not that great in my opinion. I would have preferred Iloka or Martin to be our FS instead of a SS that cannot cover. I understand getting DL depth but Billy Winn would have been a better pick there. Then another trade up to grab a 4-3 OLB, do not understand that. Not addressing FS or center is a disappointment but Thompson still gets a B+ for his first 3 picks being great.

Honestly, I loved our draft from top to bottom.

As far as Day 3 goes...

The McMillian pick really confused me. I had never heard of him before, but Mel Kiper claims that he projected Jerron to go in the 4th-5th range, so I suppose he just didn't get much attention going to Maine.

I love the Mike Daniels pick. Honestly, I could see him beating out Jerel Worthy in a couple years. He's that good.

We moved up for Terrell Manning and I see why. Dude is a playmaker. He can do everything and he has great instincts. He is a little raw still and he will be put under very little pressure, starting his career on the bench.

Datko concerns me with his long history of shoulder problems, but it was a 7th round pick. If he stays healthy, it was worth the risk. If he doesn't... It was only a 7th rounder.

And I am REALLY excited to have BJ Coleman. I was kind of wanting Case Keenum, but I think Coleman has a great skill set that Mike McCarthy and co. will be able work with.

But McMillian is a pure SS and struggles in coverage. Thus Burnett is basically moving to FS and it will be Peprah and McMillian battling it out for starting SS. Two players who cannot cover, but at least McMillian is a good tackler. Still don't like the pick.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

But McMillian is a pure SS and struggles in coverage. Thus Burnett is basically moving to FS and it will be Peprah and McMillian battling it out for starting SS. Two players who cannot cover, but at least McMillian is a good tackler. Still don't like the pick.

It's called coaching fundamentals. It's how 7th round picks become excellent starters. Donald Driver, Desmond Bishop, Mark Tauscher, Scott Wells...they all were drafted late and have made a huge impact one way or another on our team recently. Not everybody comes into this league extremely talented.

I thought you would have figured out by this point that Ted drafts based on some secret formula he's got regarding the ability for our coaches to turn whatever potential they have into success on the field. That's why nobody understands what he does but it usually turns out great in the end (usually, not all the time).

I hear McMillan is fantastic at covering the run and he's decent at play recognition. There's no doubt in my mind we're gonna see some growing pains in our secondary this year but in due time, I'm sure this McMillan guy will help out.

We don't draft people for no reason.

Ya, I am very interested to see how and where they use Jerron.

Reading an article over on Packers.com, you can tell that Capers is kind of hesitant to start him right away. I am wondering if we will start Charles at safety to begin the year. :think:

And even though the pick was a reach (Jerron said he was surprised to get picked in the 4th and that he only visited the two NY teams) he sounds like a Packers player. He's around the ball all the time, he's smart, and a great tackler. Something we missed VERY dearly last year after Collins went out.

Peprah is an okay replacement or depth player, but he is a TERRIBLE tackler. So many times he will take a bad angle or not wrap up and the offensive player will bounce off him and just run into the endzone.

I was VERY surprised at the pick when it was announced, and it was a reach. But I am very excited to see how he develops.

Unofficial UFDA signings by the Packers from http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-nfl-undrafted-free-agents/2 :

Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota St

Darius Reynolds, WR, Iowa State

Sean Richardson, SAF, Vanderbilt

Marcus Rivers, WR, Buffalo

Nic Cooper, RB, Winston-Salem

Eric Lair, TE, Minnesota

Randy Colling, NT, Gannon

Dezman Moses, DE, Tulane

Dion Turner, DB, Southern Utah

Marc Tyler, RB, USC

Tommie Draheim, OL, SD State

Duane Bennett, RB, Minn

Cameron Ford, TE, Wake Forest

Don Barclay, OL, West Virginia

Drew Vanderlin, TE, Michigan Tech

David Nadeau, K, Minn-Duluth (TRYOUT)

Edited by BLUE

I'm excited to see what all the defensive players we drafted will be able to contribute this upcoming season. After how terrible our defense was last year all we can do is move up from here.

I'm excited to see what all the defensive players we drafted will be able to contribute this upcoming season. After how terrible our defense was last year all we can do is move up from here.

Statistically speaking we had the worst defense in the last 25 years.

If we don't improve greatly there's gonna be hell to pay..

Statistically speaking we had the worst defense in the last 25 years.

If we don't improve greatly there's gonna be hell to pay..

Yep. Hopefully it will be what they're looking for.