Round 5:

Malik Jackson

Round 6:

Danny Trevathan

Round 7:

you-get-nothing-o.gif

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

Broncos must not have been too impressed with the prospects seeing as they traded out of the 1st round twice.

I'm a little disappointed we could only stockpile fourth rounders, but this draft is pretty deep, I'm sure we'll get a good player or two.

I loved Elway back in the day, but I am not confident in his ability in a GM type role, nor am I confident in John Fox's ability to give draft input. Von Miller was a slam dunk, but it's easy to do that when you pick second. The rest of their draft from a year ago seemed pretty uninspiring. I think, like Razor said, they might get a good player or two, but I think that'll depend more on luck than actual draft-day prowess.

EDIT: Looking back, their draft was pretty shitty. They had two 2nd rounders and two 4th rounders and ended up with Franklin who was shit at tackle as a rookie, two safeties who got picked on quite a bit, and a couple of tight ends that didn't contribute much. I'd be worried if I were a fan of the Broncos.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Julius Thomas was a raw prospect though. He has all the talent in the world. I hope the Broncos cut him and he gets picked up by a team with a real QB.

So Derek Wolfe is our first selection, there were some other higher rated DT's on the board, but I like what Wolfe can do for us. He makes our rotation instantly better and he could be just as good as guys like Reyes and Worthy.

We picked Brock Osweiler up after that. I'm not sure what to think about that, but at the very least, it keeps Hanie from being anything other than emergency option. He's gonna be starting soon, that's for sure, so I hope he's a quick study.

Ronnie Hillman is next, and he might be very good for us. When you have a running back, you want him to be sudden, quick shifts and cuts, and avoiding the big hits, while not being afraid to rough the other guy up a little. He definitely has the ability and the mindset to succeed in this league, and I do think he was a better option than Lamar Miller. Would have loved Pead, but he didn't stick around.

It's an interesting draft, but it has a good bit of potential.

We picked Brock Osweiler up after that. I'm not sure what to think about that, but at the very least, it keeps Hanie from being anything other than emergency option. He's gonna be starting soon, that's for sure, so I hope he's a quick study.

Told you. :yep:

Julius Thomas was a raw prospect though. He has all the talent in the world. I hope the Broncos cut him and he gets picked up by a team with a real QB.

Peyton Manning isn't a real qb? :think:

I like the Ronnie Hillman and Philip Blake picks for the Broncos.

Ya... JD Walton has been a serious under achiever. And by under achiever I do mean arguably the worst center in the league. Although if they think he can develop still maybe they move Blake to G? Although I would expect them to get their best Olineman on the field at the same time, and that means plugging Blake in at C.

The Broncos best picks, IMO came in the middle rounds. Both Phillip Blake for the reasons stated above.

And...

Malik Jackson. He's a little raw, but his upside is HUGE.

Seems like the Broncos went all-need in this one.

I really didn't expect Derek Wolfe to be picked before Reyes,Worthy or Still but I watched same tapes of him and he can do his job as fine as those guys,maybe even better in some situations..

Unofficial UDFA signings by the Broncos from http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-nfl-undrafted-free-agents :

Duke Ihenacho, S, San Jose State

Steven Johnson, LB, Kansas

Austin Wuebbels, OG, Missouri

Gerell Robinson, WR, Arizona State

Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M

Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas

Wayne Tribue, OL, Temple

Elliot Coffey, LB, Baylor

Anthony Miller, TE, Cal

Jamie Blatnick, DE, Oklahoma State

Mike Remmers, OT, Oregon State

Eric Page, WR, Toledo

Demario Pippen, RB,Tuskegee

I think the Broncos could end up having a pretty darn good DE in Malik Jackson with him getting coached up more.

We generally do good with our UDFA defensive back pickups. Cassius Vaughan two years ago, and Chris Harris the year before that. I hope Duke Ihenacho can step up, maybe become our starting strong safety opposite Carter or Moore.